Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2022 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 65715 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

I can also highly recommend a sugar mama

No wonder we are always out there at the same time..... 🤣

SuperBobby

I don’t have a 9 to 5.

I just have a sugar mama, highly recommended. 🤪

Is that actually true?
Your wife works full time and allows you to fish at will?

Phronesis

Is that actually true?
Your wife works full time and allows you to fish at will?

Isnt that a dream come true lol

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Such utopia does exist out there, and it's called Chilliwack. 🤣

stsfisher

Such utopia does exist out there, and it's called Chilliwack. 🤣
As long as the wife doesn't find out about the sugar momma.........

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.

Went above the vedder xing (1st parking lot) and wandered around. Saw a few so-so chum hooked. And the weather was cold by the way. It's been a while since rocks stuck to my felt. And oh, ice forms on braided line and guides with enthusiasm. I need a hack for that.

The sun came up and after a cpl of hours decided to go up river. I heard things were cooking further up so drove about 16km to the former prison area. Things were different up there. It reminded me of Game of Thrones and the Westeros' northern border; called the Wall. God damn it was cold. By the time I got to the fishing spots I remembered why I moved from Ontario a few decades ago. There could have been plentiful coho sacrificing themselves on fishermen's hooks but I'll never know.  When your guides freeze up before actually casting. It's a sign. Obey. So I did.

I remembered Rod's last video and the kids having success. And I maybe wrong to the actual location... but I drove really fast (to get away from the ice walkers) and parked at the heron reserve. After walking about 15 mins I found some nice log piles and a beach (like in the video). The sun was actually warming. I really did not care if I caught anything since the sun felt like Hawaii. Hey it was 4 degrees and believe me it made the experience worthwhile. I put on some roe and no luck but I saw fish porpoising. I switched over to a silver spinner (bluefox) and after a few casts a fish was on the hook. A super clean chum. This was surprising because I'm not that much of a gearhead but since my split rings showed up I've been enthusiastic to using them.  The few other fishermen who were around did ok. Most had their limit of chum but the coho were somewhere else.

Overall a memorable day.

Darko

• Old Timer

Went above the vedder xing (1st parking lot) and wandered around. Saw a few so-so chum hooked. And the weather was cold by the way. It's been a while since rocks stuck to my felt. And oh, ice forms on braided line and guides with enthusiasm. I need a hack for that.

The sun came up and after a cpl of hours decided to go up river. I heard things were cooking further up so drove about 16km to the former prison area. Things were different up there. It reminded me of Game of Thrones and the Westeros' northern border; called the Wall. God damn it was cold. By the time I got to the fishing spots I remembered why I moved from Ontario a few decades ago. There could have been plentiful coho sacrificing themselves on fishermen's hooks but I'll never know.  When your guides freeze up before actually casting. It's a sign. Obey. So I did.

I remembered Rod's last video and the kids having success. And I maybe wrong to the actual location... but I drove really fast (to get away from the ice walkers) and parked at the heron reserve. After walking about 15 mins I found some nice log piles and a beach (like in the video). The sun was actually warming. I really did not care if I caught anything since the sun felt like Hawaii. Hey it was 4 degrees and believe me it made the experience worthwhile. I put on some roe and no luck but I saw fish porpoising. I switched over to a silver spinner (bluefox) and after a few casts a fish was on the hook. A super clean chum. This was surprising because I'm not that much of a gearhead but since my split rings showed up I've been enthusiastic to using them.  The few other fishermen who were around did ok. Most had their limit of chum but the coho were somewhere else.

Overall a memorable day.
good to hear you had some fun and that there was some action too. Not bad for November 19!
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

As long as the wife doesn't find out about the sugar momma.........

Right, totally forgot.... Phew. ;D

Overall a memorable day.

Good abundance of chum salmon has been showing up in the lower river this past week with those big incoming tides, with some coho salmon mixed in between of course. Majority of the newly arrived chum salmon are always bright silver during this time of the year.

Today the rods were put away (and probably for the rest of the year now), and I brought the kids to the upper watershed to look at some spawning channels. The three friends of my son's had never seen spawning salmon before, so it was pretty exciting for them. We saw plenty of coho salmon which was expected, and a much higher abundance of chum salmon in the channels compared to past seasons.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Wow, that is a chrome chum

Kever

Took a couple chrome-ish hatchery coho home yesterday but I think I'm done for the season on the C/V, there are a lot of dark lip-locked fish around.  Who knows though, maybe tonight's rain will stir things up. 

bigsnag

• Old Timer

Monday

Tuesday
It ain't the roe bro'