Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2022 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 67081 times)

Darko

• Old Timer

All nooks. Guessing water is way too low/clear and any coho in are spooked if not bullied out of pools.
thanks for the info  :)
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

fic

• Old Timer

The Test catches of Chum Salmon in area 29 has been poor so far, even compared to last year when it was closed during the season.  It's not looking good again this year.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.

I don't think I'm giving away any secret locations; but folks fishing around browne rd (i've never fished that yarrow side before)...where do you park? is it off bergman or browne or? I imagine it's about a 1 km walk then? Thanks for any directions ..cheers

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante

.....very limited parking at Bergman .....Browne is the better option
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

Phronesis

I don't think I'm giving away any secret locations; but folks fishing around browne rd (i've never fished that yarrow side before)...where do you park? is it off bergman or browne or? I imagine it's about a 1 km walk then? Thanks for any directions ..cheers

Yup browne is better in terms of parking and bit of a hike towards some spots... Also the trail is closed before the train bridge area

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AbSnDAbFWg

Well, that's one solution to address a parking/distance issue! LOL.

Nice vid Rod! The adventure back seemed a bit sketchy, but I'm glad it worked out. Now get your waders cleaned up!

mikeyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AbSnDAbFWg
Put your fish in a garbage bag. Then pack in the back compartment of the fishing vest. Much easier. Vest instead of pack when riding the bike.

tworivers

I was thinking about that familiar fall smell when I was in the area. And here it was Rodney testing a new FWR product line of hanging air fresheners. ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 12:37:40 PM by tworivers »

chardeemacdenis

I've never seen so many anglers as I did at the bend in the canal this morning. I just drove by on the KW bridge and gagged at what I saw. It boggles me what people will accept as a day of fishing but it is a free country.

Found a spot where I was all by myself and hooked 5 landed 1.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 02:39:59 PM by chardeemacdenis »
Fishing isn't catching

salmonrook

I've never seen so many anglers as I did at the bend in the canal this morning. I just drove by on the KW bridge and gagged at what I saw. It boggles me what people will accept as a day of fishing but it is a free country.

Canal when it is this low should  be closed to fishing , was there Friday and it was basically 10 people on top of each other fishing the one run that was 10 feet wide . How are the fish supposed to get upstream when they are targeted and stressed in this section .
They have enough challenge with the low water .
Hopefully we get some rain

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

You didn't like the human train at the corner? 😆

I was thinking about that familiar fall smell when I was in the area. And here it was Rodney testing a new FWR product line of hanging air fresheners. ;D

I was leaving a trail of ivory king scent. 😆

Well, that's one solution to address a parking/distance issue! LOL.

Nice vid Rod! The adventure back seemed a bit sketchy, but I'm glad it worked out. Now get your waders cleaned up!

The silt in the canal is what I dislike it the most I think. If I can avoid fishing the canal to stay silt-free, I totally would. The crowd doesn't bother me that much. I always bounce around to find a quiet spot, and if I choose to fish in a crowd I'd just accept it and have a great time with everyone. :)

Put your fish in a garbage bag. Then pack in the back compartment of the fishing vest. Much easier. Vest instead of pack when riding the bike.

For over 15 years now I've made an effort to not put my fish in a garbage/plastic bag when carrying them back to the car. I like to carry them as they are, and get them straight on ice in the cooler once I am at my vehicle. I figure that I probably have avoided wasting a few hundred plastic bags by doing this over the years.

4x4

I gut my fish right away once caught. Into a wet a wet burlap sack and then up to the truck and put on ice.. If I'm bonking a fish I want that fish to be good quality when eaten.

Tip for White Springs. They are a smelly fish and I know that turns off people but they are great eating and with that high oil content they are perfect for smoking and tempura.
After I catch a Spring I rub the sand/silt on the skin and get as much slime off as I can. I will then scrape the fish with a knife and do the process over a few times. It does take time but worth it for me in the end. It gets almost all the smell off the fish.
Not all.

someone

Saw a guy catch spring in the lower river and was playing with it forever and then when finally landed he took couple of pictures and released it ! A few minutes later I see the same spring floating down dead. Sheesh...Why play with it for so long only to release them .......

Darko

• Old Timer

Saw a guy catch spring in the lower river and was playing with it forever and then when finally landed he took couple of pictures and released it ! A few minutes later I see the same spring floating down dead. Sheesh...Why play with it for so long only to release them .......
I hope someone was able to nab it and bring it home instead of wasting it
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin