Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2022 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 66908 times)

GENERAL-SHERMAN

Roeman - The water was dirty due to the pump station being drained below Keith Wilson .

chardeemacdenis

I've seen vodka with more colour than the Vedder right now and the fish are uninterested.
Fishing isn't catching

Darko

• Old Timer

I've seen vodka with more colour than the Vedder right now and the fish are uninterested.

Maybe the conditions will be better on the weekend once the heatwave is done  ;D
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Phronesis

Went there yesterday, saw couple of red springs jumping but no bites, but people had success with whites......... then checked train bridge - lol it was packed.
Does anyone know why late red springs dont bite at all? I have noticed this last year too - nothing seem to entice them

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Went there yesterday, saw couple of red springs jumping but no bites, but people had success with whites......... then checked train bridge - lol it was packed.
Does anyone know why late red springs dont bite at all? I have noticed this last year too - nothing seem to entice them
They've been in the river too long, they're "stale". And if you see them holding up by the cement slab, those fish have probably been snagged every day for 2 weeks.

Phronesis

They've been in the river too long, they're "stale". And if you see them holding up by the cement slab, those fish have probably been snagged every day for 2 weeks.

That explains !! Poor fish, they may not have enough strength to go upstream anymore, I did see people flossing/snagging them

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.

i just heard. the SLAB is gone. the floods took it according to Petr last april. Wow.  End of an era.

https://youtu.be/JclhQXwjadQ

chardeemacdenis

Anyone know how many pits they are digging out on the Vedder? Hearing one finished above the train bridge but haven't been able to find the actual plan for more.
Fishing isn't catching

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

I believe there are three.

It's super smoky out here btw... I'd rather be somewhere else than Chilliwack right now.

chardeemacdenis

Hit the Vedder this morn and saw a few fish killed. Haven't seen a Coho yet...
Fishing isn't catching

GENERAL-SHERMAN

Sure wish they would have dug from above upper Wilson to above waistfield  area there . Really filled up with gravel and wood debris the last flood we had. Would be nice to see the river brought away from that property and the road as well . Area will likely braid bad with each high water now . Crews were working around the tolmie slide above the trailer park last week removing wood debris along the bank. The worker said it was due to tubing safety concerns 🤔 I have yet to see a coho as well with 3 trips to mouth and 3 trips in the river float fishing .
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 08:17:45 AM by GENERAL-SHERMAN »

Darko

• Old Timer

anybody have any reports? Hows the fishing?

canucksfan233

anybody have any reports? Hows the fishing?

Saw couple guys on instagram who caught like 5-6 today. Lower river.

Darko

• Old Timer

Saw couple guys on instagram who caught like 5-6 today. Lower river.
chinooks? or coho?

canucksfan233

chinooks? or coho?

All nooks. Guessing water is way too low/clear and any coho in are spooked if not bullied out of pools.