Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Halibut Wars  (Read 30827 times)

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
Re: Halibut Wars
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2011, 04:03:51 PM »

Good letter Nog,

Me thinks 'copies' are in order to send to each our our own local MPs - Mr. Kamp included.  Can we use your 'portions' of your letter where appropraite in our own???
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2011, 04:34:57 PM »

Me thinks 'copies' are in order to send to each our our own local MPs - Mr. Kamp included.  Can we use your 'portions' of your letter where appropraite in our own???

I concur with firing customized copies to every of your MP's. It is time for us to increase the pressure, or face disastrous results.
Feel free to use whatever you wish from my version.

Cheers,
Matt

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 12:21:37 PM »

--Us interior boys like to come play on the coast once and a while
--All members of our local fly fishing club, as we are also members of BCWF have been given written pre- addressed notes and encourage our members to add their personal hand written note to Stephen Harper.

-- "I am totally opposed to your government's decision to continue allocating ownership of 88% of Canada's Pacific Halibut to the commercial sector. Not only doe the decision continue the unconstitutional gifting of a public resource to private interests, it will also result in the loss of millions of dollars and hundreds of jobs in the recreational fishing industry. At a time when your government is attempting to save jobs and keep our economy growing, this decision by your Minister of Fisheries makes no sense what so ever."
-- "I strongly urge you to take the steps necessary to bring about a more fair and equitable sharing of this common property resource"