Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is Campbell On The Way Out?  (Read 33808 times)

gordc

Re: Is Campbell On The Way Out?
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »

Our entire staff had an excellent laugh at that Novabonker.  thank you for that on a day when we really need it.  If you are going to make that statement like that then show the rate at which the debt grew under previous leadership.  Of course the debt has grown. 

Thanks again for the laugh.  My stomach hurt for the first time in a long time.

PS  Do you belong to a union?

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2010, 03:54:11 PM »

Our entire staff had an excellent laugh at that Novabonker.  thank you for that on a day when we really need it.  If you are going to make that statement like that then show the rate at which the debt grew under previous leadership.  Of course the debt has grown.  

Thanks again for the laugh.  My stomach hurt for the first time in a long time.

PS  Do you belong to a union?

No I own a service business. Am I the only person that bothers to research what they post and not rely on belittling rhetoric
 Gord C? (Is your last name Campbell?j/k)By the way- How many more equalization payments did BC receive during the Liberal reign? But only one during the NDP tenure...Which only saw ONE year of negative growth.

17 billion under the SoCreds by 1990
33 billion under the NDP 91 - 01 - up 16 billion - 10 years
55.9 billion and counting presently.- up 22 billion - 9 years ( Not even adding in the Federal welfare. Or today's "revised" forecast of -1.7 billion)

Now - do you want to talk economic growth since that theory is dismissed. Still laughing?
It won't matter after the Libs start getting recalled. Say good night Ida!

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 04:13:21 PM by Novabonker »
http://

gordc

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2010, 05:09:06 PM »

Yes still laughing.  You have enough political sense and business sense to know that the growth in debt reletive to the era shows he was, if nothing else, very responsable financially and that's my only point.  Keep in mind infrastructure developments etc.  It's not just a decade to decade comparrison.  I'm not on his Kool laid but I'm overall comfortable with the job he's done and the state of our province.  Not everything is perfect but it never will be.  You voted for him... what were the reasons why?  Could someone else of done better for less?

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »

Yes still laughing.  You have enough political sense and business sense to know that the growth in debt reletive to the era shows he was, if nothing else, very responsable financially and that's my only point.  Keep in mind infrastructure developments etc.  It's not just a decade to decade comparrison.  I'm not on his Kool laid but I'm overall comfortable with the job he's done and the state of our province.  Not everything is perfect but it never will be.  You voted for him... what were the reasons why?  Could someone else of done better for less?

I never have and never would have voted for Campbell. I have a friend that worked within his sphere and warned me about pathological liars and that was the peg he nailed Campbell on. You see Gord, I saw first hand the heartless and gutless cuts to the poorest. A senior's residence I do work in had funding cuts that took money from those existing on little money. These folks had to chose between eating or increased living costs. I do volunteer work with youth in at high risk situations. You need to hear some of the horror stories of the homes they came from and the courage they exhibited to try and rise above that. 50% cut in funding. That equals some being left out on the street and most ended up in trouble again. I don't measure "success" by having a few more dollars in my wallet and believe that as a society we have a responsibility to help those that can't help themselves. Think about the couples with decades of marriage being seperated for a tax cut. That's what grinds my gears.

BUT

What really disgusts me is the way his political donors just happened to profit the most from his party being in power- Do you want to see that in black and white? If so, I can dig it up.It's there and stinks like a dead chum. The selling off of public assets was wrong. The lies , and yes lots of lies to facilitate the sale of BC Rail. How about those sweetheart deals for overpriced "green power"? My Hydro bill is increasing 33% because of the subsidy that Campbell gave them. The constant stream of lies and there;s a ton I can show you are a watermark on his ability to govern.
Do you think ANY politician should get away with a stream of never end BS and get away with it?
495 million maximum- Well, now that we're elected....Hansen knew it was a lie, but did sweet boom all to tell the truth., sorry it's going to be way higher. The recent desperate tax cut (what tax cut?) and wasting 200,000 or so to try and cling to power was pathetic at best. It might have been funny, but it wasn't. What I want for BC is an honest and forthright political party that goes down the middle of the road, not stepping on those that can't do anything about it. And puts HONESTY as their platform I nor you should put up with liars, yesmen and scumbuckets running our affairs. The Liberal house of cards got hit with a gust of wind.

Tell me how you feel about the honesty of our present government. Do you think they've been forthright with the electorate? How do you feel about the Basi - Virk payoff with all the cuts to legal aid, these guys skate  , keep their properties and they get 6 million in legal fees forgiven. Don't you get a whiff of that chum again? How about the lobbyist registry? Assistant Ministers leaving the energy portfolio and jumping right into jobs with energy companies? Despite guidelines that say otherwise? The tree farm licence being converted to real estate? That might be a spring carcass you smell.

Do you want me to continue with this? I can show you lots of facts that are on the public record of other rotten fish odours, emanating from Campbell's rein.
Still laughing?
BTW - Thank you for responding and not doing the drive by smear.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:36:07 PM by Novabonker »

gordc

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2010, 07:50:35 PM »

No use going any further with this as we see it totally differently.  I don't let my emotion play any role in the matter and am not caught up in any compassion.  I feel that it's just business.  You would like, no matter what the cost, for tax payers to share the burden others bring on to themselves.  I feel like the user should pay.  I feel like we need to take care of our children and prepare for our senior years.  I don't feel it's the responsibility of the goverment to look after me. 
The increase to hydro is also greatly due to increased demand, (which the user can control) and much needed updating of current damns along with construction of new ones.  In fact with this in mind the selling of this public asset may have relieved taxpayers of a future burden. 
The tax cut thing was just a scramble, what the hell kinda thing and I agree that was a bit of a joke on the way out but it wasn't a simple as "gust of wind" that occured.  And don't ever expect much honesty in politics as politics is war and we all know the truth is the first casualty in any war.
You mention issues where you feel the goverment has wronged but I can promise you that you'll find that in any goverment, even if the one you vote for is elected.
And finally I comfortable with the current goverment and hate the thought of NDP leadership. 
Oh yeah, I got to take my family to share in the Olympics!!! 

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2010, 08:05:34 PM »

So no compassion at all? Wow. I just can't be that cold. But to be content with liars is something no one should accept. Ever. Would you allow your employees to lie like that?

gordc

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2010, 08:30:08 PM »

I feel that you could call any political leader a liar and be correct in saying so 100% of the time. 
I would hope my employees don't lie to me or others in their lives but I bet some do.  It's not like I could remove them from their position for it either.

bluesteele

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2010, 08:37:38 PM »

No use going any further with this as we see it totally differently.  I don't let my emotion play any role in the matter and am not caught up in any compassion.  I feel that it's just business.  You would like, no matter what the cost, for tax payers to share the burden others bring on to themselves.  I feel like the user should pay.  I feel like we need to take care of our children and prepare for our senior years.  I don't feel it's the responsibility of the goverment to look after me. 
The increase to hydro is also greatly due to increased demand, (which the user can control) and much needed updating of current damns along with construction of new ones.  In fact with this in mind the selling of this public asset may have relieved taxpayers of a future burden. 
The tax cut thing was just a scramble, what the hell kinda thing and I agree that was a bit of a joke on the way out but it wasn't a simple as "gust of wind" that occured.  And don't ever expect much honesty in politics as politics is war and we all know the truth is the first casualty in any war.
You mention issues where you feel the goverment has wronged but I can promise you that you'll find that in any goverment, even if the one you vote for is elected.
And finally I comfortable with the current goverment and hate the thought of NDP leadership. 
Oh yeah, I got to take my family to share in the Olympics!!! 

WOW WOW WOW

Sell off BC HYDRO as it may be a future financial burden.

I have heard it all.

LMFAO

You probably think ROR projects are swell as well.  ;D

Thanks for the laugh. HAHAHAHA

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2010, 09:23:52 PM »

I feel that you could call any political leader a liar and be correct in saying so 100% of the time. 
I would hope my employees don't lie to me or others in their lives but I bet some do.  It's not like I could remove them from their position for it either.
But my point was if you caught one telling whoppers constantly, being a business man and owner you'd toss them, with just cause. You see politicians work for us and we sit like contented cows saying "It's all OK" while being fed a complete and constant stream of utter and unmitigated bullspit.And that's from all corners as no party or even fewer politicians understand truth as they face no consequences. I do make one exception, that being Chuck Cadman as he  served with candor and a dignity that many of us would be lucky to have half of.There's nothing about liars that I accept when I discover it in my personal or business life so why should we expect it from our employees. I pretty sure the HST revolt has a lot to do with the electorate finally standing up and firmly stating that they're fed up with being played for a sucker/fool combination, and I applaud that because it represents democracy. It;s time to demand and receive honesty and not a 140 million dollar Public Affairs Bureau or spin machine. Unearth and end wasteful things like that and we could easily afford better social programs. Just sayin' ;)

gordc

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2010, 11:12:12 PM »

Bluesteele please be careful in reading my statement as it is merely an angle and not at all related to my opinion of the sale.  My persoanl business sense would not allow me to let go of such an asset as my long term view is that any investment or capital costs associated with keeping it public would be well worth it.  That being said I am not privy to the information Campbell is and believe that there was other driving factors prompting the decision and not a conspiracy of sorts.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2010, 05:19:39 AM »

This wouldn't have had anything to do with those highly profitable IPP's would it? I will not show the CN Rail donations - yet
1. Pristine Power 95150
2. Teck Cominco Metals 75000
3. Plutonic Power 69100
4. Peter Kiewit and Sons 62500
5. Brookfield Asset Management/Renewable Power 60000
6. NaiKun Wind 24650
7. Cloudworks Energy 16050
8. Donald McInnes 15550
9. Pacific Bioenergy 14500
10. Ledcor CMI 12600
11. Syntaris 12300
12. Nexterra 11000
13. Golder associates 8488
14. Ledcor construction 8000
15. Canadian Hydro Developers 7000
16. Jeremy P. Haile 6400
17. Run of River Power 6000
18. TransAlta Utilities 5850
19. Capital Power Corp - See Epcor 5700
20. Pinnacle Pellet 5320
21. Fred Olsen Renewables 5000
22. Fortis ----Aquila (2002) 4670
23. AMEC EARTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL LTD. 4500
24. National Public Relations (Joined IPPBC 2008?) 4450
25. Alterna 4000
26. Aeolis Wind Power 4000
27. Epcor Utilities 3876
28. ELEMENTAL ENERGY INC 3500
29. Ainsworth Lumber company 3050
30. Kleana Power 3000
31. General Electric 3000
32. AltaGas 3000
33. Ledcor power 2500
34. Glacier Power 2400
35. Juergen Puetter 2010
36. Renewable Power 2000
37. Peter Kewitt 2000
38. Sea Breeze Power 1975
39. PG & E 1832.25
40. HEMMERA ENVIROCHEM INC 1650
41. Innergex 1500
42. GEOFFREY PLANT 1360
43. Robert Poore 1321
45. Enbridge Wind Energy 1300
46. Regional Power 1000
47. R. Stuart Angus 1000
48. CRAIG ASPINALL & ASSOCIATES 900
49. R.G. 'Jako' Krushnisky 750
50. HAWKEYE Energy 750
51. Fries Creek Hydro 700
52. Rupert Peace Power 650
53. PRINCE GEORGE INTERIOR WASTE TO ENERGY 650
54. Walter Segsworth 500
55. GLOBAL ENERGY HORIZONS 500
56. CRAZY CREEK POWER COMPANY 500
57. LEVELTON CONSULTANTS LTD. 400
58. NATURAL POWER CONSULTANTS ASSOCIATION 350
59. PRINCETON COGEN LTD 306
60. Tom Syer 300
61. Dr. Alexander Eunall 300

Total 2009 contributions to
BC Liberal Party from IPP
related interests:
$598,608.25
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 06:13:40 AM by Novabonker »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2010, 06:21:14 AM »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2010, 08:00:26 AM »

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2010, 08:23:37 AM »

And, just for good measure, let's stifle democracy-

http://www.donewithdalton.com/2010/11/25/proof-that-elections-bc-added-number-of-words-in-proponent-statement-on-november-24/

--Interesting and may indicate something but maybe not... often the statement on line will indicate that it is not the official version and that the official written version is available.
--I don't know if the word count issue is common practice in court documents, however I do know that the limits are strictly adhered to.
--I would only be suspicious if the word count rules are not standard practice for court documents.
--The web site could just be a clarification rather than a fabrication.
--I am certain that for court of appeals applications the word count is strictly enforced and if more words are used they must have a justification that will be ruled on an if rejected the appeal has to be rewritten withing the allowable.

--Thus I would only be upset if the rules for counting words used by elections BC have been changed as suggested or are different from common practice used by the courts of BC.