Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is Campbell On The Way Out?  (Read 33398 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Is Campbell On The Way Out?
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 09:30:53 AM »

Who really cares whether he has a temper or not? Next we'll be discussing whether he has a hangnail on his left big toe......  ;D  ;D

Well I am sure when he does he will find a way to blame someone for causeing it, then give himself a big raise so that he can hire his own person to give pedicures once a week  ;D ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

burnaby

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »

Along that thought who cares if they drinks/drives out of country; or does VanderZalm style business dealings. Remember to apply this "Who really cares" attitude towards the NDP (reminisce of fast ferry, Skeena bailout, who really cares)  ;)
Who really cares whether he has a temper or not? Next we'll be discussing whether he has a hangnail on his left big toe......  ;D  ;D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 06:01:42 PM »

Being a self confessed political junkie- BEST WEEK EVER! Stupidity has risen to soaring new levels on all sides.The true colours are showing on all sides.
http://

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 06:14:31 PM »

Being a self confessed political junkie- BEST WEEK EVER! Stupidity has risen to soaring new levels on all sides.The true colours are showing on all sides.
Its almost unbelievable but it is British Columbia after all.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 08:26:03 AM »

I'm sure leading the country in child poverty - AGAIN - is one of the mitigating factors of Campbell's proudest achievements. One in 7 kids living below the poverty line in a province as wealthy as BC is disgusting.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 09:47:56 AM »

I'm sure leading the country in child poverty - AGAIN - is one of the mitigating factors of Campbell's proudest achievements. One in 7 kids living below the poverty line in a province as wealthy as BC is disgusting.

Firstly child poverty is a problem....  Any poverty is a problem.... However to throw out a comment like you have without some background raises more questions than information.

World wide average child poverty is 1 in 2 kids. Average Canadian child poverty is 1 in 8 kids. Child poverty is on the decline in both BC and Canada as a whole.
http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats
http://www.conferenceboard.ca/hcp/details/society/child-poverty.aspx

While 0 child poverty would be wonderful, most of us realize that is an impossible statistic.

Attacking Campbell by suggesting that he is so heartless and uncaring because we have a marginally higher child poverty rate than the rest of Canada is just irresponsible.

There are many many factors that contribute to child poverty (primarily parent poverty) including having concentrated populations in large urban centers and the high costs of housing in BC relative to other provinces To suggest it is a BC government policy to keep child poverty at a high level is naive.

On the other hand it could be that you are reading too much left wing political rhetoric and should balance that out by reading some actual facts and maybe a little right wing material....  :D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 12:14:36 PM »

Aw Crabcakes AF- That's baloney. This is how many years now that BC has led the country in childhood poverty rates? As far as the "background" goes, I volunteer with youth at risk and the cuts in funding were as obscene as some of the homes they came from.So tell me what has your hero done to help this out? Besides cutting funding? Since he insists that raising the minimum wage will hurt his pals , they get to continue on in poverty.
Does he even care or have a heart?
BTW- STILL patiently waiting for you to disprove some points I made in another post that you said were wrong, but all I hear are crickets. ;D

burnaby

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 08:22:22 PM »

Hey AF, you should change your name to alwaysGordo. What has the dude done for you to garner your kind of undying support? Talk about naive support.

I have to shamefully admit I too naively voted for him for the first two term before the excuses ran out for the lies.  ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 08:52:03 PM »

Hey AF, you should change your name to alwaysGordo. What has the dude done for you to garner your kind of undying support? Talk about naive support.

I have to shamefully admit I too naively voted for him for the first two term before the excuses ran out for the lies.  ;D

Perhaps you can point out where I have ever said that I support Gordon Campbell. I have said I support some of his government policies and have said that under his leadership BC has prospered economically....   

If someone was assassinating your character, I would "support" you. That's not naive, it's just the decent thing to do.....   ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 09:40:05 AM »

Perhaps you can point out where I have ever said that I support Gordon Campbell. I have said I support some of his government policies and have said that under his leadership BC has prospered economically....  

If someone was assassinating your character, I would "support" you. That's not naive, it's just the decent thing to do.....   ::)

More bologna AF- You tell me I'm wrong consistently, but when you're asked to back it up, I get nothing but crickets. Facts are facts, ideology is something else. Since you seem to feel it's OK to say I'm spreading lies or misinformation or maligning someone's character, feel free to explain that to me as I'm at a loss to understand how that works. Or is the "decent" thing to do.

I hear crickets.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:33:27 AM by Novabonker »

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2010, 10:40:38 AM »

campbell on his way out?....i heard today that he mite run for the NDP leadership...holmes*

gordc

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 11:37:31 AM »

Although I never voted for Campbell I do see running the province as a business.  I feel like he made dramatic cuts that have impacted some but people who seem to be most hit by it are the unionized work force.  I have no problem with this as for the most part the unionized force could afford to improve it's efficiencies.  Some of the program cuts may seem harsh and I realize there is more to consider than just dollars but we can't just keep printing money and funding programs that don't generate any revenue.  It's hard to argue with the financial responsiblity of his government when compared to other leaders.  From what I've seen over the years all elected governments have failed to keep their pre election promises. 

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2010, 01:25:03 PM »

Although I never voted for Campbell I do see running the province as a business.  I feel like he made dramatic cuts that have impacted some but people who seem to be most hit by it are the unionized work force.  I have no problem with this as for the most part the unionized force could afford to improve it's efficiencies.  Some of the program cuts may seem harsh and I realize there is more to consider than just dollars but we can't just keep printing money and funding programs that don't generate any revenue.  It's hard to argue with the financial responsiblity of his government when compared to other leaders.  From what I've seen over the years all elected governments have failed to keep their pre election promises. 

It's refreshing to finally hear a voice of reason using a little logic......  I didn't vote Campbell in the last election either, but apparently we see things the same way.

Thanks for you input gordc! 

CameronT120

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2010, 02:25:59 PM »

Excellent post

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »

Although I never voted for Campbell I do see running the province as a business.  I feel like he made dramatic cuts that have impacted some but people who seem to be most hit by it are the unionized work force.  I have no problem with this as for the most part the unionized force could afford to improve it's efficiencies.  Some of the program cuts may seem harsh and I realize there is more to consider than just dollars but we can't just keep printing money and funding programs that don't generate any revenue.  It's hard to argue with the financial responsiblity of his government when compared to other leaders.  From what I've seen over the years all elected governments have failed to keep their pre election promises.  

More bologna- we're deeper in debt and have had a steep reduction in services. They inherited a surplus and peed it all away- Fact- We're deeper in the hole because of Campbell's financial "prowess".B.C.’s public debt went from $36.1 billion in 2001 to $55.9 billion by the end of the budget forecast 2010. Quit drinking the Kampbell Kool Aid- it's toxic and causes hallucinations, makes the truth disappear along with public holdings (BCR, Hydro), and makes lemmings leap off of cliffs while creating disillusions of grandeur.

Again AF - Prove me wrong- Proof, not supposition or rhetoric, actual facts.What's that noise? Crickets again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9peZ5WOtL0&feature=related
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 02:47:57 PM by Novabonker »