Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is Campbell On The Way Out?  (Read 33724 times)

burnaby

Re: Is Campbell On The Way Out?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 01:38:32 PM »

Lieberals for a good reason.

Luckily for Gordo his best political friend is still around. Carole James guarantees a win for the non-left party.

I'll try to find a link providing James and the NDP actually still exist. Can't believe I'm saying this but sure miss the Zalm / Moe days.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 01:59:30 PM »

You miss Zcalm, or is fried spam is playing tricks on your tastebuds. :)

To say the other party is worse is a Campbellism.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

jimmywits

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 08:33:29 PM »

9, nearly 10 years is too long for any party to be in power, no matter who the leader is.  time for some balance and some new ideas.  change in this case imo is healthy for the province, and the province needs it right now.
yeah but who???

ali2pali

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 10:30:51 AM »

He's done!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 07:12:40 PM »

Good to see Bill Bennett who is a fisher and hunter tell it like it is in Campbell's government the last number of years. Took some backbone to do that.
Also resinding the 15% tax cut announced a few days ago shows how the party is falling apart within.

StillAqua

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 09:04:42 PM »

Good to see Bill Bennett who is a fisher and hunter tell it like it is in Campbell's government the last number of years. Took some backbone to do that.
Also resinding the 15% tax cut announced a few days ago shows how the party is falling apart within.
Amen brother!

burnaby

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 11:47:16 PM »

Best part is Gordo playing dumb saying he can't understand why Bill would say such things; must be cause Bill is bitter.

Even better is Hanson saying in these uncertain time major changes can't go in place. Pretty obvious the implied msg is no tax cut but new taxes like HST is fine and dandy. Too bad the sinking Lieberal ship is taking the rest of the Province with them.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 05:19:31 AM »

Please pass some of those bananas here. This isn't even funny any more. Why do I feel like I'm watching a Monty Python skit?
http://

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 11:36:52 AM »

-- I'm not in favour of flogging a dead horse.
--I don't understand how our elected leaders morph into dictators. There has to be something fundamentally wrong with the system which needs to be fixed. Perhaps we need more free votes on issues of concern. If the inner cabinet has made a correct decision they should be able to convince enough or their party members and members of the opposition to pass a free vote.

--I find the notion of an opposition party equally distasteful and inherently disfunctional... once elected they should be working towards concensus decisions as a whole to govern the province.

--Effective concensus decisions require their be no willful suppression of opposing information the motions should pass on their own merit rather than be rammed through based on the leaders sphere of influence. 

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »

"You have almost a battered wife syndrome inside our caucus today, inside our cabinet."
  Bill Bennett

:-X :-X :-X

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 12:39:44 PM »

-- I'm not in favour of flogging a dead horse.
--I don't understand how our elected leaders morph into dictators. There has to be something fundamentally wrong with the system which needs to be fixed. Perhaps we need more free votes on issues of concern. If the inner cabinet has made a correct decision they should be able to convince enough or their party members and members of the opposition to pass a free vote.

--I find the notion of an opposition party equally distasteful and inherently disfunctional... once elected they should be working towards concensus decisions as a whole to govern the province.

--Effective concensus decisions require their be no willful suppression of opposing information the motions should pass on their own merit rather than be rammed through based on the leaders sphere of influence.  

What we need is STV (Single Transferable Vote)  http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=20633.0
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:02:12 PM by alwaysfishn »
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 06:43:10 AM »

The lies never stop- from all of them- the spin on Bennet being fired was it was a cabinet choice.According to today's paper the order was signed by Gordon Campbell. Apart from the fact that cabinet can't fire anyone, the lies are fast and furious. They all need to be fired.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 08:34:36 AM »

I loved how some in the party said that Gordo does not have a temper and some say he does. Then Christy Clark comes on and says he has a bad temper but that was not the reason she left. Typical Liberal party, you never know who is telling the truth.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 08:49:43 AM »

I loved how some in the party said that Gordo does not have a temper and some say he does. Then Christy Clark comes on and says he has a bad temper but that was not the reason she left. Typical Liberal party, you never know who is telling the truth.

Who really cares whether he has a temper or not? Next we'll be discussing whether he has a hangnail on his left big toe......  ;D  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 09:05:18 AM »

Who really cares whether he has a temper or not? Next we'll be discussing whether he has a hangnail on his left big toe......  ;D  ;D

I don't care about his temper, but I do care about the never ending stream of bovine pies that come quicker and easier than the truth. Didja ever get around to disproving that stuff in another thread AF??? ;)