Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buntzen Lake  (Read 12315 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Buntzen Lake
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2006, 11:43:46 AM »

Although Buntzen Lake gets a larger stocking everytime compared to other lakes, its size and depth can fluctuate the fishing result quite a bit. Same with Sasamat Lake. It's smaller, but just as deep.

Remember, the lakes were last stocked in November, so fishing is expected to be somewhat slow.

Lafarge is a good choice. It's a small lake, with very good shore access.

This article may also be helpful to some:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/articles/2005/0605_03.html
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 11:49:05 AM by Rodney »

sliverbullet

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2006, 04:24:23 PM »

i was in my boat at lafarge a two weeks  back and i was using a special recipe of mine olny a few hits.

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2006, 09:08:53 PM »

LaFarge is nice in my inflatables. paddle out, and toss my little 4-prong anchor out, and dont move from my spot. If I aint fishing, chances are I'm sleeping.

David

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2006, 08:12:48 PM »

I've fished Lafarge on several occasions (from shore only) and had  quite a bit of fun!  Bows between 10 - 12 inches and a 9 1/2 lb carp.  Good fun, relatively easy fishing.
If you don't mind fishing from a boring looking bank, try the main road side.  If you'd prefer something slightly more natural, go to the opposite bank and try near the outlet, casting out a fair way to get over the shallow shelf.  Powerbait eggs (orange and chartreuse) with a 3-4 feet leader off of a small lead weight.

Tight lines

David

huntwriter

• Othmar Vohringer Outdoors
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 08:17:04 PM »

I went to Butzen Lake and it was as predicted very slow, had only listless nibbles never enough to set the hook. I guess with the lake been that deep the water stays cold a long time.

Having said that my gear was a bit one the heavy side for trout fishing on a lake. So the mind reader my wife is she went out and got me a perfect lake trout fishing rod and real for 2lbs to 6lbs weight line. So guess what. I have to back out this week and visit some more lakes you have mentioned here to break that new rod and real in.

I will keep y'all updated on the progress.
Othmar Vohringer - Smart Hunting Strategies (SHS)
http://www.othmarvohringer.com/

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 11:26:59 PM »

huntwriter, some good fishing will happen very soon. These lakes mentioned above are usually stocked by the staff of Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery starting around the second or third week of March, that's only a month away.

This year, the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC has partnered up with this website and expect to see updated stocking information in the fishing reports section on a regular basis.

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 02:24:52 AM »

in most of the lakes mentioned, you'll see my fat arse floating around in this:

Yes that is my fat arse in the picture.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 07:22:16 AM »

I might have seen you at buntzen before....boat looks kinda familar
weeeeeeeeeow!

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 12:20:09 PM »

Maybe, I spend alot of spring/Summers there, in either that, or my 10' Aqua & Purple Sevylor Kayak

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 02:43:12 PM »

How reliable are those plastic inflatable boats ? ??? ??? ??? .Ihave been looking into getting one ,but I am fairly heavy are there any problems with them that I should be aware of?

Bone

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »

i have a 8ft Sevylor fish hunter from Army and navy and the weight capacity is around 450 pound.

huntwriter

• Othmar Vohringer Outdoors
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 06:04:26 PM »

Bone - How much are these Sevylor fish hunter rubber boats and are they safe if I accidentally hook the boat instead of a fish.

Currently I am looking into buying a aluminum Jon Boat but a rubber boat would be a lot easier to transport.
Othmar Vohringer - Smart Hunting Strategies (SHS)
http://www.othmarvohringer.com/

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 09:27:05 PM »

Bone - How much are these Sevylor fish hunter rubber boats and are they safe if I accidentally hook the boat instead of a fish.

Currently I am looking into buying a aluminum Jon Boat but a rubber boat would be a lot easier to transport.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9750.0 my Fiji is forsale, how safe are they, mine has 3 seperate chambers,(both seats inflate seperately) it has 1 patch which has held for years, they're stable, and easy to fish from. If it wasn't that I make less working, than someone on welfare I wouldn't be selling it.

Fiji Specs
The Fiji is a 2 person Kayak
Model - K330
LOA - 10’7”
Beam - 2’7”
Weight - 25 lbs.
Pers. Cap. - 2
Max. Cap. - 400 lbs.

Bone

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 09:31:18 PM »

They are fairly cheap, a 8ft goes for around $169. I would try to go bigger, the 9 or 12 ft size if you want to add another person along. I added a folding wood floor to make it more rigid. They are pretty safe for fishing, it's built with a 5 hull chamber system so you don't have to worry about sinking. If you are really worried about putting a hook in the  boat, you can buy a camo boot that goes over it. They are able to put a 2hp engine on the back, with the proper motor mount.

If you have money to spend, I would put my money in a Zodiac inflatable, which go for $1000-$3000, or stop by the inflateable boat shop on Main and Terminal and buy a 8ft inflatable punt w/ wood floors for $800.

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 09:47:42 PM »

They are fairly cheap, a 8ft goes for around $169.

Where are you getting a Sevylor for $169? I paid $500 for mine 3yrs ago. and my Dad got his Tahiti on sale (off season) for $329 2 yrs ago. (both are over 10')