Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buntzen Lake  (Read 12298 times)

Bone

Re: Buntzen Lake
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 09:03:46 AM »

Check out Army and Navy they have the 8ft for under $200, but I know that the 9ft is a little bit more... around $240. The 12ft is the most expensive its in the $400 range.

huntwriter

• Othmar Vohringer Outdoors
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »

Bone - How much are these Sevylor fish hunter rubber boats and are they safe if I accidentally hook the boat instead of a fish.

Currently I am looking into buying a aluminum Jon Boat but a rubber boat would be a lot easier to transport.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9750.0 my Fiji is forsale, how safe are they, mine has 3 seperate chambers,(both seats inflate seperately) it has 1 patch which has held for years, they're stable, and easy to fish from. If it wasn't that I make less working, than someone on welfare I wouldn't be selling it.

Fiji Specs
The Fiji is a 2 person Kayak
Model - K330
LOA - 10’7”
Beam - 2’7”
Weight - 25 lbs.
Pers. Cap. - 2
Max. Cap. - 400 lbs.

Thanks for the offer Reservoir Dog but I am looking for a boat with ellbow room and to put stuff down without falling over it. A kayak has it's uses but I.M.H.O. not for fishing.

Thanks Bone for your answer. You got me interested and I will look into it some more. You say you even can hang a motor onto it, that's cool. And yes, I do agree with you a 9 to 12 ft boat would be a lot better. I like to stretch my legs and have some ellbow room. I get easily highly irritated in small places where everything is cramped together.

One last question Bone, do you know if the Army and Navy in Langley has these boats? Like I said in another posting, I am new to BC and still have a lot of scouting to do. Thanks.
Othmar Vohringer - Smart Hunting Strategies (SHS)
http://www.othmarvohringer.com/

Bone

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 09:56:21 AM »

I am not sure about the Army and navy in Langley. Iam sure they would be able to tell you if you called. I know they have them in the New West store.