Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coho Season Over, December 3rd  (Read 12150 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Coho Season Over, December 3rd
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2005, 02:45:52 PM »

I am also in agreement with what Eddie and Marmot are saying.  But sometimes I believe it would be best, that if you are fishing these smaller systems, you don't mention it at all.  But then the quetion is, can the fisherman's fragile ego handle not taking any glory for a good day of fishing?? ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2005, 03:28:28 PM »

I am also in agreement with what Eddie and Marmot are saying.  But sometimes I believe it would be best, that if you are fishing these smaller systems, you don't mention it at all.  But then the quetion is, can the fisherman's fragile ego handle not taking any glory for a good day of fishing?? ;D ;D

Yup thats why I dont always post my reoprts. Also dont take pics most of the time. ESPECIALLY steelhead season....

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005, 04:29:59 PM »

reminds me of the story of the priest who skipped church one sunday...he gets a hole in one...jesus looks at god and says "how can you reward him with a hole in one when he's skipping church?"...god says..."who's he gonna tell?" :'(

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2005, 05:55:39 PM »

Not gettin it ???
weeeeeeeeeow!

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2005, 05:58:08 PM »

Maybe if it was in fishing terms you might: ;)

reminds me of the story of the priest who skipped church one sunday...he catches 40 inch Steelhead...jesus looks at god and says "how can you reward him with a trophy steelhead when he's skipping church?"...god says..."who's he gonna tell?" :'(

^It's not the original but I think it goes something like that. ;D

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2005, 08:27:11 PM »

if its a large system like the chehalis, vedder, harrison, stave whatever etc.. just say it guys. you don't have to mention your "secret spot". i fished last week in the dewdney and caught 2 wild coho on spinners..real tiny ones with split shot. no hatchery ones that day. just went for fun and not many people out there. this is  called a "report". it actually says something. If you have a small system then don't even bother telling anyone about it because the info would be worthless and your secret spot would be safe also. This "local flow " idea is just not useful information.

dnibbles

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2005, 08:31:47 PM »

if its a large system like the chehalis, vedder, harrison, stave whatever etc.. just say it guys. you don't have to mention your "secret spot". i fished last week in the dewdney and caught 2 wild coho on spinners..real tiny ones with split shot. no hatchery ones that day. just went for fun and not many people out there. this is  called a "report". it actually says something. If you have a small system then don't even bother telling anyone about it because the info would be worthless and your secret spot would be safe also. This "local flow " idea is just not useful information.

Amen to that, brother!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2005, 08:42:43 PM »

I fish small flows all the time. but like TroutSlayer i am smart enought not to take pictures with background that will give away the location. And i dont post reports from my local flow on this site. because i will get harassed by all of you. Troutslayer provides you with enough info on larger rivers that you should be thankfull that he posts reports. Yet the odd time he posts without a river name you jump on him like flies on my smelly socks. give it a break
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 08:51:04 PM by IH8XC »

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2005, 08:50:05 PM »

I fish small flows all the time. but like TroutSlayer i am smart enought not to take pictures with background that will give away the location. And i dont post reports from my local flow on this site. because i will get harassed by all of you. Troutslayer provides you with enough info on larger rivers that you should be thankfull that he posts reports. Yet the odd time he posts without a river name you jump on him like flies on ****. give it a break
The brutha from different mutha said it perfectly. Went back out today, got a big wild Ho and a couple Dolly Varden. 8)

And one more pic:

I was fishing the Vedder, west of it, north of the Chehalis, yet near the Capilano, to the right of Nicomen Slough and 10 miles short of the Ocean.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2005, 08:56:47 PM »

Damn Slayer you didn't have to spell it out like that ;D, I was going to fish there tomorrow.  Now there is going to be a million people there! ;D ;D
BTW, darn nice dollies man, Searun and I were out this weekend and had a great time aswell.  Even got a nice Ho!!!    Good job on the fish!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 08:58:50 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2005, 09:08:38 PM »

I really need to save for a car i still could be going out today to get that DAMN HO!!!!!!!!! but i will wait till next year. :-[

P.S. Trout slayer i thought you were a pretty hardcore fly guy yet most of your pics feature a centerpin. Is fly fishing just plain harder to catch fish with, or you have better luck float fishing?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 09:10:40 PM by Floater »
[

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2005, 09:10:21 PM »

You don't need a good car to get you around from fishing hole to fishing hole, right Trout Slayer..... ;)
Actions speak louder than words.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2005, 09:14:55 PM »

P.S. Trout slayer i thought you were a pretty hardcore fly guy yet most of your pics feature a centerpin. Is fly fishing just plain harder to catch fish with, or you have better luck float fishing?
Im H-Core at fishing period. I use whatever works as long as it is effective and ethical. Some days call for the fly and others gear. As long as it catches fish who cares!!!!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2005, 09:24:45 PM »

who do you think your kidding?!!! Aaron only fly fishes if he knows he will catch something on the fly. but i'll keep my mouth shut because he's caught 7+coho on the fly and im still at zero.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2005, 09:33:32 PM »

Those are some nice pics. Keep them coming.
weeeeeeeeeow!