Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coho Season Over, December 3rd  (Read 12053 times)

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
Re: Coho Season Over, December 3rd
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2005, 08:13:55 PM »

NiCe FisH

DaN

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2005, 08:25:12 PM »

i wasn't going to get involved, but some of you senior members are starting to come across as a bunch of arrogant elitists. since when does having a newbie status make anyone less worthy as the rest of us?

i always thought sharing vital information (without giving away specific locations) was what a fishing report was all about.

wasn't it some of you, who complained about the newbies fishing and not having a clue on what they're doing? or how they conduct themselves?  or not knowing the ways of the river?  well...its no wonder.  you guys aren't helping nor are you promoting proper etiquette.

i posted a few fishing reports this past year. i didn't give anymore information than needed, but at least, i tried to be as informative as i possibly could.  if i was in a situation where i fished a sensitive system, i didn't bother posting.

nothing wrong with sharing photos, time, general location and water conditions.

if any of you have watched 'fishing bc' with mark peddlington, you'll notice that he gives general information on the water system he fishes and specific information on techniques (along with the time of year). whether its salmon or steelhead. he's even helped to promote local guides.

sharing information doesn't necessarily create 'gong shows', but the lack of it can create animosity...the same animosity that can divide us during times of needed solidarity. :-\

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2005, 08:33:08 PM »

by the way, nice fish TS. :)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2005, 08:47:22 PM »

I only gave the newbie reference because he was personally attacking me. If he would have just asked me more information about my day of fishing like conditions, and water conditions I would have answered him. It was all about the way he approached it. I am ALAWYS willing to help out newbies with tips and techniques. I am also willing to take people out to some of my local honey holes. I just don't want them posted on an internet forum. I am also willing to post pics if I take any, which I don't about 2/3 of the time.

Its all about the way someone comes across. If they are arrogant and demanding what do you expect me to do?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2005, 08:48:37 PM »

Oh and TS stop posting pics of the same fish  ;)

We'll have to get out and chuck some flies sometime in the near future.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2005, 08:49:57 PM »

i have read many arguments like this it never STOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2005, 08:59:02 PM »

i have read many arguments like this it never STOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I am sick of it as well. If you dont like a fishing report TOUGH!! Dont disect it, either enjoy it or take it for what it is.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2005, 09:04:04 PM »

i wasn't going to get involved, but some of you senior members are starting to come across as a bunch of arrogant elitists. since when does having a newbie status make anyone less worthy as the rest of us?

Agreed. Eddie, newly joint members on the forum are not ¨newbies¨. You've done this many times before, please don't do it again. For all you know, CohoOn pobrably has twice or three times more fishing experience than any of us, his opinions are valued just as much as other members who have been around for awhile. Don't be confused between providing an opinion and personally attacking. He was providing his thoughts on fishing reports, which are different to yours. Having a different opinion is not an insult. If you thought he was personally attacking you, hit the ¨report to moderators¨button and let us do our jobs, because last time I checked, you're not a moderator. ;)

Play nice people. Be glad TS and others are sharing a few pics and info on what's still biting out there. Post the locations if you wish, pm the posters on locations if you wish, but don't always expect an answer, and it's nothing personal.

The fishing for coho should be good for a couple more weeks on the Fraser and some tributaries on the north side of the Fraser. This time of the year is also a transition from one fishery to another, expect to find some cutthroat trout, rainbow trout and bull trout while you're fishing as well. The trout need to be released if they are wild (with an adipose fin) just like coho.

Cheers.

Thread locked, as it's turning into a discussion, which we try to keep out of the fishing report section.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 09:08:27 PM by Rodney »