Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis Nov. 29th- One last trip before the snow!  (Read 3986 times)

CohoOn!

Chehalis Nov. 29th- One last trip before the snow!
« on: November 29, 2005, 01:32:07 AM »

Hit the river about noon after stopping by my buds work in Abbotsford to pick-up the five last promo chartreuse Blue foxes he snagged for me at the Chilliwack Walmart over the weekend. What are friends for,eh! ;)
Saw the clouds moving in on the way out and thought I had left it a little late but it stayed nice and mild the whole afternoon. Water today was definitely down from previous and very clear. Had actually brought my ski biscuit tube along to paddle across the channel and retrieve my assortment of snagged lures before winter set in but didn't need it and saved on the lung workout. The water dropped just enough that i could wade across within about an inch and a half of the top of my waders to get 9 of the 10 blue foxes!! :D Some actually had unlodged themselves from the branches and fallen to the bottom of the channel after I busted them off so I gerry rigged a wool glove onto a long stick and just poked at them and sure enough we all know how hooks love wool and got 4 back that way. At regular prices that was a nice recoup of about $55.00 worth of gear.
The fish today with the lower water were less dispersed in the channel and had mostly reds chasing my lures. Only about 10-15% of the approx. 100 coho in this channel were looking chrome anymore as i think the water is now to low to get more in. Walked out to the main Native run and saw several absolutely choice coho almost like ghosts they were so fresh just holding amongst a few chum but just couldn't get them to budge. Hadn't brought the roe today and only chuckin foxes. Should really get up at first light one day and see if it makes a difference.
Saw the first guy in there today and was about to congratulate him on happening upon the spot and it turns out he wasn't even a fishermen! He was in looking for a lost kayak of a friends that got taken downstream a week ago and he was hoping to find it hung-up somewhere. He had taken a spill in one of his crossings on the way down and was a little wet and was ready to call it a day.
Picked up one reasonable coho for the smoker before leaving but think I'll refrain from posting a picture for fear of subjugating the poor thing to the heckling of the "angling elitists" lurking in the shadows and possibly causing it irreparable psychological damage.  ;D
Tight lines everyone!
Long May Yer Big Jib Draw!

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Re: Chehalis Nov. 29th- One last trip before the snow!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 02:26:40 AM »

Good one. Nice. Hopefully there is still coho in two weeks time.

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 03:00:14 PM »

good report, i Have been going and getting lures and i have found 22 spinners, foxes and what ever else you can think of. It worked out to be arround 70 to 80 dollars woth of lures.

FishiN AddicT

• WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 07:22:43 PM »

Picked up one reasonable coho for the smoker before leaving but think I'll refrain from posting a picture for fear of subjugating the poor thing to the heckling of the "angling elitists" lurking in the shadows and possibly causing it irreparable psychological damage.  ;D

that may be a smart move on your part, but quite sad that you can't share pics of fish that you catch cuz of what "others" might post afterwards  ;) too bad,  i would like to have seen that Ho.  nice report though  :)

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 08:42:15 PM »

you kept a boot coho are those still good on the smoker ..
crab cakes

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 08:55:09 PM »

you kept a boot coho are those still good on the smoker ..

Since when did he say he kept a boot coho? ::) ::) You've got nothing to go on. No pictures, no nothing. You weren't even there! Are you just assuming that because he said it was good for the smoker that it's got to be a boot?

Come on people! ::) >:(

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 09:03:29 PM »

yup, pink ones are great smoked, post the picture anyways :)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 10:12:26 AM »

Leaping steely you got to look who that post came from. Stinkytroutboy...the most unuducated person on the forum who makes the most pointless posts ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 01:32:26 PM »

Hey roe kid,i thought stinkytroutboy is your good buddy ;) :D ;D

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 01:35:38 PM »

AHAHAHA ;D ;D ::) ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 03:56:42 PM »

Well he is  but he still makes the stupidest posts....which have nothing to do with anything ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 05:57:43 PM »

Leaping steely you got to look who that post came from. Stinkytroutboy...the most unuducated person on the forum who makes the most pointless posts ;D

THIS was too good to pass up......the most UNUDUCATED......hahahahhaa