Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Federal government could act on gun control as early as Friday  (Read 18809 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....

The predictable and pathetic political response. Simply can't miss out on making mileage on the still warm bodies...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-government-gun-control-friday-1.5549969

Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
Re: Federal government could act on gun control as early as Friday
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 12:20:54 PM »

Every revocation of registration must be accompanied by instructions on how to appeal. It's called a Section 74 appeal.

Every individual filing and proceeding will tie them up for years.

I plan on filing individually for each affected firearm I own & making it as painful as possible for them on their end.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/f-11.6/page-9.html

More information on just how to react:

https://nfa.ca/2020/01/13/upcoming-gun-bans-and-confiscations-what-to-know-and-what-to-do/

AND - If you are not a current Member of the CCFR, I strongly encourage you to rectify that right now!

https://firearmrights.ca/en/membership-info/

Nog

stsfisher

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 02:22:38 PM »

Every revocation of registration must be accompanied by instructions on how to appeal. It's called a Section 74 appeal.

Every individual filing and proceeding will tie them up for years.

I plan on filing individually for each affected firearm I own & making it as painful as possible for them on their end
Nog
News flash, the people processing your paper work could give a damn how many you file😁
Just think of that the next time you try to get through to a public servant the next time you need something like.......let's say an EI / WCB/CERB process taken care but can't because they are swamped by others inability to file properly efficiently .
Just saying....

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 02:31:41 PM »

News flash, Just saying....

NEWS Flash: COMPLETELY different department. Completely different people.
Making your particular news flash completely irrelevant.
Reality.
But thanks for coming out irregardless...

Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 02:32:10 PM »

Trudeau lies and subverts democracy to push his anti-gun agenda

This is not about safety, it is the Trudeau Liberals using hundreds of millions of tax dollars to enact their agenda and they are doing it without Parliamentary oversight. There will be no bill to debate, no votes to be had.

Even if you are no fan of guns, every Canadian should be outraged that our democracy is being subverted and that their government is lying to them about what their actions will accomplish.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeau-lies-and-subverts-democracy-to-push-his-anti-gun-agenda

stsfisher

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 03:00:58 PM »

NEWS Flash: COMPLETELY different department. Completely different people.
Making your particular news flash completely irrelevant.
Reality.
But thanks for coming out irregardless...

Nog
No not really that different. Public servants will be tasked to complete your files. They don't care how many times you file. Plug up the system, they don't care, trust me you are only making it worse for yourself. Or maybe that guy, another gun owner effected who would like a resolution in a timely manner for whatever reason.
Nog your like the kid in the candy store who wants the the red smartie and won't be happy until the whole box is full or red ones

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 03:16:56 PM »

Nog your like the kid in the candy store who wants the the red smartie and won't be happy until the whole box is full or red ones

Nice shot, but bouncing off rather thick hide here... 

You are indicating your complete lack of understanding regarding the point of filing these Appeals.
Most are likely to fail. Most who file understand that when they do so.
The entire point is to "Plug up the system" until such time as either reason can prevail, or a competent legal challenge can be mounted.
And to that end, I am and will be rightfully committed.

Cheers,
Nog

stsfisher

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 03:35:35 PM »

Nice shot, but bouncing off rather thick hide here... 

You are indicating your complete lack of understanding regarding the point of filing these Appeals.
Most are likely to fail. Most who file understand that when they do so.
The entire point is to "Plug up the system" until such time as either reason can prevail, or a competent legal challenge can be mounted.
And to that end, I am and will be rightfully committed.

Cheers,
Nog

Yes sir, you are deffinitly committed, and have every right to be so. I do wish you luck in this endeavor.
I am also pretty confident in my understanding of what is happening here. Waisted time, and energy is not hard to spot.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 03:41:02 PM »

... Waisted time, and energy is not hard to spot.

LOL! The same can be said for rolling over and playing dead.  ;)

Have a good one...

Cheers,
Matt

stsfisher

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 03:48:35 PM »

LOL! The same can be said for rolling over and playing dead.  ;)

Have a good one...

Cheers,
Matt

Lol, ok Nog.
 For the record I was only rolling over to take care of an itch..........

zap brannigan

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 12:20:03 AM »

hopefully things do get entirely plugged up and take a ton of time and money, and hopefully this greasy minority government gets flushed in the meantime.

stsfisher

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 06:40:16 AM »

hopefully things do get entirely plugged up and take a ton of time and money, and hopefully this greasy minority government gets flushed in the meantime.

Just might even create a few jobs in anticipation of being overwhelmed? Good for the economy and people looking to claw  their way out.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2020, 12:38:56 PM »

This  action is an overly-expensive, do-nothing piece of legislation,  produced ENTIRELY to cater to the anti's votes and nothing else.
At a time when our public coffers are being rapidly drained, it is incredibly foolish to proceed with it now.
But, there were the warm bodies to make hay on, and trust the liberals never to miss out on such an "opportunity".

Interestingly, Trudeau and Blair backed off substantially in their plans.
Instead of outright bans & confiscation, they are offering two year amnesties for all concerned, a choice between "grandfathering"  (you keep the firearm in question until you die, then surrender to  government) or surrender now for a below cost offering from the feds.

Interesting  in that these actions are pretty well guaranteed to tick off folks on  both sides to the equation. The owners are incensed for being taken to  task for actions they are in no way even remotely related to. While the  anti's are already screaming Blue Murder that This Does Not Go Far Enough.

Another point of interest is that Trudeau announced this "Will not effect First Nations who utilize these firearms for hunting purposes". Bizarre. On one hand no-one needs any of those scary rifles listed to hunt with. But... the poor FN's get to keep them just for that purpose? There are a few areas I can immediately think of that recognize their local FN gangs are not using their AK's for "hunting purposes"...

In  his haste to capitalize on our latest tragedy, Trudeau may very well  have shot himself in the foot as all concerned are left shaking their  heads at his blatant politicizing of such atrocious events.

Time  will tell, but this extremely poorly thought out and imposed (OIC)  legislation is perhaps headed towards the same end as the ill fated Firearm Registration Program imposed by another set of liberals in a  previous lifetime...

Cheers,
Nog 

Robert_G

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2020, 12:49:25 PM »

In  his haste to capitalize on our latest tragedy, Trudeau may very well  have shot himself in the foot as all concerned are left shaking their  heads at his blatant politicizing of such atrocious events.

As much as I want you to be right....I don't think you understand how stupid the majority of Canadians are.

Robert_G

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2020, 12:55:55 PM »

This sums it up pretty good