Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Proposed June sturgeon fishing closure for Lower Fraser River  (Read 15594 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Proposed June sturgeon fishing closure for Lower Fraser River
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2020, 08:42:16 AM »

There will be individual booths/tables where you have six hours to visit and talk to individuals.

It seems like people have a lot to say on these forums. I’ve created a channel for you all to voice your opinions to just about every group you can think of under one roof, take advantage of it.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2020, 10:04:11 AM »

It's obvious that board members can be a fairly skeptical lot.

My advice...take a chill pill. Be patient.  The Information Note that Rod posted states that consultation will happen in 2020. We are only 6 weeks into the new year.

The IN was just a heads up. If they started consultation with no heads up, people would be up in arms "Where did this come from?" "Why weren't we advised?"  The ministry is laddering their communications and consultation, and the IN is just the first step in that.

The IN also gave the email address of the biologist and it suggested that interested parties can request further information from him. If you are chomping at the bit to make your voice heard, then maybe Mr. Schwindt can give you more details about the planned consultation process. IMHO, it shows a certain amount of transparency to post the email address of the biologist responsible for the file.   

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2020, 10:04:23 PM »

It's obvious that board members can be a fairly skeptical lot.

My advice...take a chill pill. Be patient.  The Information Note that Rod posted states that consultation will happen in 2020. We are only 6 weeks into the new year.

The IN was just a heads up. If they started consultation with no heads up, people would be up in arms "Where did this come from?" "Why weren't we advised?"  The ministry is laddering their communications and consultation, and the IN is just the first step in that.

The IN also gave the email address of the biologist and it suggested that interested parties can request further information from him. If you are chomping at the bit to make your voice heard, then maybe Mr. Schwindt can give you more details about the planned consultation process. IMHO, it shows a certain amount of transparency to post the email address of the biologist responsible for the file.

Yep. :)

Again my recommendation to all who are concerned about this to make an effort to stop by the event on March 14th so you can get more information directly from Colin and also provide your feedbacks. While there, you'll also be able to talk to both COs and DFO officers if you have concerns on compliance....

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2020, 10:37:13 AM »

There is a public SFAC meeting in chilliwack and Surrey. its open to all public all are welcome.

I have been told someone from the Province will be attending these meetings to talk about sturgeon

March 12, 2020   Upper Fraser Valley SFAC   Chilliwack   Coast Chilliwack Hotel 45920 First Ave., Chilliwack BC
6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Chair: Gerry Dewar

March 10, 2020   Lower Fraser Valley SFAC   Surrey   Comfort Inn & Suites 8255 166 Street, Surrey BC
6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Chair: Jason Tonelli

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2020, 08:29:21 AM »

Is this June closure happening ?

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2020, 08:35:11 AM »

Is this June closure happening ?