Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 160903 times)

Gil_Tea

Hows the vedder look for tomorrow fishing? thanks

Darker than usual but definitely fishable, I had a luckier day than usual and hooked a nice hatchery steelhead. I only had two coho at that point but it was so nice I ended up bonking it and calling it a day. Best of luck this weekend.

psd1179

• Old Timer

Darker than usual but definitely fishable, I had a luckier day than usual and hooked a nice hatchery steelhead. I only had two coho at that point but it was so nice I ended up bonking it and calling it a day. Best of luck this weekend.

Steelhead? show the photo

Dave

• Old Timer

Steelhead? show the photo

Earliest I have seen one in the Vedder was Oct 12, back in the late 70's.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

dave c

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

A picture of a steelhead is not definitive proof that it was caught in October.

clarki

• Old Timer

These are our demands, Gil Tea. Meet them, or forever be considered...guilty
1. A picture of the fish. The picture must be of the entire fish, and clearly show the rows of spots on the tail. Use good lighting. And not a picture of it in the sink. It must be somewhat artistic.
2. Include today’s newspaper to verify the date. I don’t trust date/time stamps.
3. A vehicle log to prove you caught the fish on the Vedder. Coffee or gas receipts are also acceptable.

bunnta

*eating popcorn*  waiting room is now 6 people's and many guys trying to get a seat.  8)  8)

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

Did it ever cross anyone's mind that he probably caught it on the Chehalis or Cap ?

clarki

• Old Timer

It crossed.

However, (1) he was replying to a question about water clarity on the C/V and (2) he posted in the Chilliwack River thread. Convention dictates that he post about coho and steelhead from another river on a different thread, or more appropriately in the Reports section.

Did anyone notice that his avatar pic now includes a picture of 3 fish that appear to be 2 coho and a steelhead’ish looking fish? Totally inadequate picture.

avid angler

A couple chehalis stray summers get caught every fall. Not really news

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

I say Chehalis. All day long.

243Pete

I need more popcorn... MOAR!!!!
In terms of fishing on the Vedder, friend sent me a photo of how many people are on the canal... glad I don't fish weekends with the water baristas trying to make me a chai latte with whole  steamed milk foam with a side of snagged spring in the arse. Slow to say the least but not surprised when more people are trying to make enough noise in a run than a BDSM convention.

psd1179

• Old Timer

I complained how busy on weekdays. But when I went today, I realized my complaint was totally wrong.

There are runs good for first light coho. Somebody could be limited out in half an hour. But I don't understand when some people took the spot at 4:00am and started camp fire and loud music by the run, they still wanted to catch first light fish?

bigsnag

• Old Timer

These are our demands, Gil Tea. Meet them, or forever be considered...guilty
1. A picture of the fish. The picture must be of the entire fish, and clearly show the rows of spots on the tail. Use good lighting. And not a picture of it in the sink. It must be somewhat artistic.
2. Include today’s newspaper to verify the date. I don’t trust date/time stamps.
3. A vehicle log to prove you caught the fish on the Vedder. Coffee or gas receipts are also acceptable.
4. A reputable poster here acting as your witness.
Btw, beauty cohos you got there on Wednesday psd1179. It was nice meeting you.
It ain't the roe bro'