Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 160899 times)

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

I was asking because last year there were many people fishing the mouth when it was closed and taking over their limit of 2 Coho each.

I'm shocked you have a problem with this considering 3 weeks ago you had no problem defending those that were fishing illegally at the Sumas/Fraser  ???

Second, fishing the mouth of the Nic is perfectly legal since the boundry marker is literally at the mouth unlike the Sumas where it's over 100 meters in from the Fraser.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 07:32:37 PM by Hike_and_fish »

4x4

I'm shocked you have a problem with this considering 3 weeks ago you had no problem defending those that were fishing illegally at the Sumas/Fraser  ???

Second, fishing the mouth of the Nic is perfectly legal since the boundry marker is literally at the mouth unlike the Sumas where it's over 100 meters in from the Fraser.

Wasn't defending people fishing illegally. Was commenting on you posting a pic of one person and not the many you were talking about. Don't put words in my mouth.

Second, get your facts straight.
The boundary is not at the mouth. It is close but definitely if you're fishing the mouth you are fishing the Fraser and fishing illegally until 1st week of Nov. Many people will let you know if your casting into the Fraser at the mouth of the Nic.

2 coho over 35 cm and 2 under. Not 4 over. Seen way to many people kill over there limit on that system not realizing (I'm sure some know they're bending the rules) 4 means Coho/Jacks.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

Wasn't defending people fishing illegally. Was commenting on you posting a pic of one person and not the many you were talking about. Don't put words in my mouth.

Second, get your facts straight.
The boundary is not at the mouth. It is close but definitely if you're fishing the mouth you are fishing the Fraser and fishing illegally until 1st week of Nov. Many people will let you know if your casting into the Fraser at the mouth of the Nic.

2 coho over 35 cm and 2 under. Not 4 over. Seen way to many people kill over there limit on that system not realizing (I'm sure some know they're bending the rules) 4 means Coho/Jacks.

Draw a Perpendicular line from the tip of Strawberry island across the Nic. That's the boundry. It's right there. To be fair, I stand corrected on the other issue. I got you mixed up with someone else. That's my fault.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

When I got back to the Dewdney launch this afternoon two folks doing a survey told me DFO is planning on shutting down retention of Chim again. Just a heads up.

Chum has totally collapsed this year BC coast wide. Just like sockeye.

I suspect will see closures announced soon.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

so far I am encountering good numbers of coho and in at least one stream they are about 20% larger by weight...so at least I estimate since all but one have been wild.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

243Pete

Speaking of poor chum returns, I don't know how many of you guys remember but shortly after 2015 again there was that huge amount of rain fall that came down at the same time a lot of the chum had just started to spawn in the Vedder (The major blow outs on the river where videos showed literally entire log jams being pushed along the river), I spoke with one survey person and she said that is could effect the numbers of fish returning this year and that has me wondering right now.

I'm having a good year so far with coho, not bad with the numbers a the sizes vary but some of the hatchery fish I've gotten are fairly chunky, nothing over 6 pounds but I am bad with weight unless I got a scale on hand. :P

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

Speaking of poor chum returns, I don't know how many of you guys remember but shortly after 2015 again there was that huge amount of rain fall that came down at the same time a lot of the chum had just started to spawn in the Vedder (The major blow outs on the river where videos showed literally entire log jams being pushed along the river), I spoke with one survey person and she said that is could effect the numbers of fish returning this year and that has me wondering right now.

I'm having a good year so far with coho, not bad with the numbers a the sizes vary but some of the hatchery fish I've gotten are fairly chunky, nothing over 6 pounds but I am bad with weight unless I got a scale on hand. :P

I dont think the Harrison would have been effected but other systems for sure. This seems to be problem that involves the entire province

clarki

• Old Timer

A couple of cars had the driver's side window smashed on the dyke at Wilson Road in Yarrow this morning. They were parked right beneath a No Parking sign so I wondered if it was a vigilante resident, but the glove boxes also appeared to be rifled through. However it seems unusual that a smash and grab artist would smash the window furthest from the glovebox.

Also I met a YouTube fishing celebrity. Nice to meet you jessetmars.     

wookie

A couple of cars had the driver's side window smashed on the dyke at Wilson Road in Yarrow this morning. They were parked right beneath a No Parking sign so I wondered if it was a vigilante resident, but the glove boxes also appeared to be rifled through. However it seems unusual that a smash and grab artist would smash the window furthest from the glovebox.

Also I met a YouTube fishing celebrity. Nice to meet you jessetmars.     

Meth often defies logic....

Drewhill

Heard a few cars had windows smashed on the other side of Osborne

psd1179

• Old Timer

Rodney's coho slam photo brought 3000 people to Vedder. I haven't seen that much people for a while. The Dyke is almost full of parking. Some run I found all by myself last weekend was crowded of 15-50 anglers.

Landed one 24 lber, no coho. slow day
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 08:10:03 PM by psd1179 »

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

Rods posted his photo after others on other websites and facebook were posting limits of fish. Facebook the last few days has been loaded with guys posting their limits of fish.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

It's the first weekend of October, you were expecting otherwise?

Crowd is only an issue if you let it to be.

Gil_Tea

Took my dads' girlfriends son out for first light yesterday, he had never landed a spring before. He ended up landing one about 15 pounds 30 minutes into the morning.

I would like to extend a special thank you to the four 30+-year-old jerkoffs that showed up about an hour after us and consistently floated their lines 80 meters down and left them there so that the little guy didn't have any choice but to either not fish or cast over your lines. You then preceded to sandwich us on both sides obviously trying to muscle us out of our spot. The way that you snagged fish with your jigs in a hole that is stacked with fish was amazing, where did you learn those techniques? And the way that you kicked the snagged fish back into the river, such class!

No class, etiquette, or respect for anyone or the river. If you can afford a custom center pin, you can afford a couple of manners. Really too bad that a kid can't have an enjoyable day fishing without some grown men ruining it. Just sad.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 09:28:02 AM by Gil_Tea »