Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 157416 times)

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

Reports of some Chim in the Stave today from a friend of mine. FYI

juno

Wow, heavy rain lined up for this weekend.  It may become unfishable at some point!  Normally I am cursing the low and clear conditions this time of year  ::)
fishing the fraser and the fish can see 2-3 feet and they still bite (Pinks) so why  not if it is cloudy in the Vedder? I wanted to go tomorrow,  not sure yet, not the river, but the weather. Also is the river so bad that it is unfishable?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water visibility was about 2 feet when we left this evening, actually the colour was very good. No shortage of pink salmon in the river now, but I couldn't hook one so had to settle with this instead.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Nice catch! Interesting colour of the spoon used.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 07:02:22 AM by Wiseguy »

Gil_Tea

fishing the fraser and the fish can see 2-3 feet and they still bite (Pinks) so why  not if it is cloudy in the Vedder? I wanted to go tomorrow,  not sure yet, not the river, but the weather. Also is the river so bad that it is unfishable?

I hooked 5 fish and landed three yesterday in the lower river where the visibility is probably the worst. I have been using glow hoochies and jigs and they seem to still be able to see and nail them without a problem. You shouldn't have any issue with visibility if you go out today. Good luck!

Flybob

Water visibility was about 2 feet when we left this evening, actually the colour was very good. No shortage of pink salmon in the river now, but I couldn't hook one so had to settle with this instead.

nice Rod

yoda

Nice fish Rod. Did not know those would work for you at Tamahi rapids. ;)
I got two of the other species down river yesterday. One still had sea lice on her. very bright.
Still looking for my first hoe. Yes, I am jealous.

fic

• Old Timer

Water conditions were excellent today.  Lots of people out. Everyone I met was courteous. Not exactly combat fishing.  :D

Jk47

Blown. In case you were wondering

milo

• Old Timer

Blown. In case you were wondering

Thanks for the update. Sadly, the snaggers will be out there doing their thing, trying to convince themselves and others that fish are biting. ::)
Those who know better are not fishing the Vedder today. Nor most other LML rivers for that matter.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Thanks for the update. Sadly, the snaggers will be out there doing their thing, trying to convince themselves and others that fish are biting. ::)
Those who know better are not fishing the Vedder today. Nor most other LML rivers for that matter.
Agree. Lots of people fishing above the crossing this afternoon in the muddy brown water. :o

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

River level is dropping pretty fast and colour is coming back nicely. A small window of chances to fish before another heavy rain storm rolls in tomorrow morning.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

Was oit at the mouth again today. Caught a Jack spring and a few Pinks. The run is slowing down. I didnt see too many caught. It was very slow. The low viz didnt help either. It was very high in the canal. Two feet more than normal at a high tide

mikeyman

Springs are in at mouth. Should see good push shortly. Pink seine fishery going to slow it right down on any pink
remaining run. Not many coho out there yet. Only caught two in last 2 weeks.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

River is holding this morning, for now. :)