Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pikeminnow Demonstration Fishery And Outing On The Fraser River.  (Read 12366 times)

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
Re: Pikeminnow Demonstration Fishery And Outing On The Fraser River.
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 08:46:27 AM »

I hope it gets a decent turnout. I think lots of people will be in the Summas fishing for Pinks on that day tho.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2019, 07:19:53 PM »

It wasa fair amount of work to put this together in only a few days. It will only take up part of a person's day. We have several nice draw prizes coffee donuts, pop juice, water etc. Also Dart and Tackle providing worms and bait

I will do some filming of course to show people that are unable to attend. We are hoping Rod will be able to attend and film too as his videos are better than mine.

Of course so many people complain here and on social media about fishing but do not find the time to attend a event like this. It will be family fun I am sure and good fellowship as well.

Being involved in fishing issues for many years as many know since I have been on this forum since 2002 when Rodney started it.

I truly think this is a event that is well worth attending by all that can and are concerned about our recreational fishery.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 03:35:53 AM »

Who from this forum is attending?

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2019, 07:42:41 AM »

I apologize. I would go BUT the window for Pinks at the mouth of the Sumas is only two weeks. Time is limited for me. I'll be fishing for Pinks
 Otherwise I would go.

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2019, 11:09:05 AM »

I apologize. I would go BUT the window for Pinks at the mouth of the Sumas is only two weeks. Time is limited for me. I'll be fishing for Pinks
 Otherwise I would go.

didn't pink shoot into vedder?

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2019, 12:40:15 PM »

didn't pink shoot into vedder?

You do have handarounds that flirt with the boundary

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 04:20:56 PM »

I hope it goes well. Unfortunately I am not willing to drive from the Greater Vancouver Area to Chilliwack on a Stat holiday. Too much hassle with traffic & I learned to catch all the coarse fish I wanted over 50 years ago.

I hope the demo goes well. Pike Minnows will take flies very well. They fight reasonably well. Sometimes I have seen very nice mayfly hatches along the bars along the river in that area in late summer and coarse fish rise to feed on the surface.

Good luck.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2019, 06:13:43 PM »

Thanks Ralph we understand but tomorrow was the only day our president could attend and it was important he is there. We have 6 rods and a few other draw prizes along with drinks and coffee and donuts. No matter how many attend it will be sucessful I am sure, not sure if media will attend, we are hoping Rod will be there to film but I will provide footage too. This is a very important event as president Dean will explain at 9:30 before we head to fish. Chilliwack dart and Tackle has donated some worms and some other bait.

All Fraser River fishers should do their best to attend, I feel this deep in my heart and have been working to retain and get fishing opportunity since Fred Helmer Jr and I stated the Fraser Valley Salmon Society in 1984, a lot of water under the bridge since then. Only the Master and I remain on the board since that start 35 years ago. I ask for the attendance of many tomorrow.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2019, 08:05:21 PM »

Thanks to Fred's Custom Tackle and Fraser Valley Salmon Sociey for donating prizes too.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2019, 09:17:06 PM »

A  great event and day. Pictures and videos on my FB page if you are intersted. Chilliwack Progress and I were the only media type there. Others did not show for one reason or another so mine will have to do as Rodney could not attend either.

Maybe they will attend the next event in the coming months as the FVSS is back on the front lines to try to protect the recreational angler when fishing opportunity should be there. FOC seems to be in hiding as even Rodney has not reecived an answer to his letter,s we will send today pictures and videos with a letter soon..

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2019, 09:55:37 PM »

Not sure what you are looking then to respond too. They have already sent out multiple emails on this subject and the river is closed to sports fishing because some First Nations on the Fraser have not harvested one salmon yet this season.

Your better off talking to First Nations about it then DFO. There the ones who keep reminding DFO telling them as long as First Nations don’t get fish you can’t open the river to recs.. not even catch and release

This I sent about BB or gear restrictions. I saw an email by DFO stating that even if we went 100% deprive in the lower Fraser they still would not allow it because some First Nations above the slide have not harvested a salmon this year.

Gotta go after the fisheries minister it’s his interpretation of the law that’s causing this mess.

Thanks for all you do Chris and we need as much people in this fight as possible. So say the only chance we have at this point is getting rid of the liberals come October.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:57:13 PM by wildmanyeah »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2019, 03:31:04 AM »

From FVSS president Dean Werk https://youtu.be/8cia9E1Dqwc

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2019, 03:34:12 AM »

Video 2 on the beach, this is just the start of more action to be taken in the months ahead.https://youtu.be/xjicrJSFyU8

stsfisher

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2019, 09:21:12 AM »

Who from this forum is attending?
Really sorry I missed this event Chris, I was away on holidays at the time with no service.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2019, 10:00:19 AM »

From FVSS president Dean Werk https://youtu.be/8cia9E1Dqwc

Great video and points by Dean, I was not able to attend this boat because honestly i thought you needed a river boat. I did attend the protest at the ministers office early on in the year.

I know where you can get some sign that say "stop the political bargaining with chinook"  altho now that i think about it we probably should of had them say "stop the political bargaining with salmon" as that is whats going on here just like it did in the spring in the ocean.