Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018/19 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 61441 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Nice one, pictures of fish should never have blood on them. I think I have said that a few times Rod, although I know you did not take it..

Dave

• Old Timer

I'm biting, why no blood?

obie1fish

Nice conditions out there. Please be very careful, as the recent high water has done a number on some trail sections that lie right by the river. I was just up from Peach Road, about to go right along the water's edge when a section collapsed into the water, right where I was about to step. Looking around and under the bank, it was clear that the current had dug deep under the area. To say it isn't stable would be an understatement.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I'm biting, why no blood?
Spoils the look of a beautiful fish but you will say they they look better alive. Glad they donot look like a farmed raised Atlantic Salmon. ::) :-X

Dave

• Old Timer

Spoils the look of a beautiful fish but you will say they they look better alive. Glad they donot look like a farmed raised Atlantic Salmon. ::) :-X

Hmm, a bit testy? ;D Just wondering why.  Farmed Atlantic's have adipose fins  ;)

Robert_G

I find PETA girls make similar comments to yours while wearing the latest leather fashions.
It's a dead fish...a dead fish that has been recently killed....so it's just natural for there to be blood in the picture. Why hide it? It is going to be cooked, eaten and enjoyed.
If I want the fish to look alive, then I will take the picture before I release it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I find PETA girls make similar comments to yours while wearing the latest leather fashions.
It's a dead fish...a dead fish that has been recently killed....so it's just natural for there to be blood in the picture. Why hide it? It is going to be cooked, eaten and enjoyed.
If I want the fish to look alive, then I will take the picture before I release it.
I have never seen the PETA girls Rob except Pam Andersen at a farmed fish rally a year or so on the Martin Sheen. Pam is related to my cousins on the Island, we had nice chat. Watch for the remarks to flow on this statement.lol

Back on topic water looked OK a while ago but the heavy rain, mild temp's along with the wind will chance it I am sure.

swimmingwiththefishes

How’s the water looking now that the rain has slowed up?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I will go and have a look for you shortly.

dobrolub

stsfisher

Looking out my window and not seeing any of the new snow that was on the hill sides yesterday, along with the warm winds and heavy rain today, I would have to bet the river will not be fishable tomorrow.
Graph shows a drastic increase in flow that will only continue to climb into the evening.
https://wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/report/real_time_e.html?stn=08MH001

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Visibility was About a foot at 3 pm in the canal, rain stopped but warm wind so most likely will be in rough shape in the AM.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was in good shape, felt like spring out there this morning.

Jk47

Gonna be a fabulous day on the river tomorrow, and a busy one too no doubt. Good luck!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Gonna be a fabulous day on the river tomorrow, and a busy one too no doubt. Good luck!
Where are the fish, a slow start so far.