Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018/19 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 61442 times)

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!

Water nice but catching is tough.
Um Chris, are you using the bait loop or threading the hook through the cork of the shuttlecock?
 ;)
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Too windy today to use a shuttlecock as the wind blows it all around and a fish can not grab it.

CohoMan

• Old Timer

Super windy and cold too.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Great conditions out there, level is dropping slowly but lots of fishable spots. It's a little breezy so layer up.

Quite a few fish are being weighed in at Fred's right now. You can follow the results at:

https://www.fredscustomtackle.com/derby

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

River is still in good shape with a bit of drizzle going on, still steadily dropping.

3 fish were weighed in at Fred's yesterday.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante

.....water awesome.......weather awesome.........luck crappy ......for me and buddy anyways ...........was awesome for the dude above and across from us that sealed the deal on a 10#.......
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

.....water awesome.......weather awesome.........luck crappy ......for me and buddy anyways ...........was awesome for the dude above and across from us that sealed the deal on a 10#.......

Just saw on FB 11 fish weighed in at Freds today! wowa!

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Just saw on FB 11 fish weighed in at Freds today! wowa!

10x more anglers on a Sunday than a Wednesday WMY!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Five more weighed in today as of mid afternoon when I stopped by the store to check it.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Five more weighed in today as of mid afternoon when I stopped by the store to check it.

Haven't seen your name on that list.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

I'm reserving it for the biggest one. ;D

mikeyman

Got one small hatch buck on Sunday. Beautiful day. Great water. First time out since last year. Dont get out much with new family. Aside from some goof ball named Tyler  in a raft that didnt like us asking if he was fishing thru where he pulled in with his raft. Not to low hole and show Etiquette. Proceeding to fish thru above him not below and catch the fish he missed. He decided to yell and swear as he paddled away at us. Guess he owns the river and fish in it. Then he pulls back in threatening to call dfo on us. Not sure why waste of resource. Said something about pulling a wild fish on the bank? Not my first rodeo saw the clipped fin when bringing it in. Some people think they own the river. I get out maybe a couple times a season now. Sunday on the Vedder. Guess it kinda takes a bit out of an otherwise beautiful day. I have had guys catch one behind me and I just say right on man good job. Sounds like lots of fish getting caught. Good luck tight lines.

spoiler

Hey Mikeyman,
 there's always two sides to every story.
I have known Tyler since he was 6 years old and he is one of the finest Steelhead fishermen I know.
 I heard his side to this story and it sounds like you and your buddy walked in on him and proceeded to stand two feet away and start fishing.
that was after you attempted to walk below him and he gave you the evil eye.
he also said this is the second time you have done this to him.
my advise to you is to think twice about posting this kind of B.S. on a public forum when you don't know who you are dealing with!

EZ_Rolling

with the decreased parking in many places and break-in's that are happening on the river we are all being squeezed into tighter spaces the days of claiming a run to yourself need to end and we are all just going to need to get along.

essyoo

Still relatively new to fishing on the Vedder, so please forgive my ignorance regarding this.

I keep hearing it's poor etiquette to start fishing down river from someone already fishing. Why is this? Many times when I have shown up to fish a run, there are a few people posted up and the only space left to fish is down river from them. Is this rule meant for people to move down to cover water? What if they're not moving (I rarely see people moving to cover more than where they are standing)?