Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018/19 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 61473 times)

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

Is the river blown or muddy? With the jump in river level graph, those poor steelies trapped in the lower river finally can break free to go up river.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 07:04:06 AM by Steelhawk »

DBM

Is the river blown or muddy? With the jump in river level graph, those poor steelies trapped in the lower river finally can break free to go up river.

I managed to hook one on Tuesday but I sure put alot of miles on my boots trying to find some fishable water, funny how all the tackle shop or guide reports say the fishing is good. lol

There's a good chance I'll be too sick to go into work tomorrow.  I can let you know what the conditions are like if I make it out there.

bigsnag

• Old Timer

They pass in the night.
It ain't the roe bro'

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

Yes some small ones could go up the shallow bars but most big ones trapped in one infamous spot. They rolled often but very resistant to bite. I heard from friend fishing there today no fish roll IMG and no one caught any. They probably went up river with the higher flow.

psd1179

• Old Timer

I managed to hook one on Tuesday but I sure put alot of miles on my boots trying to find some fishable water, funny how all the tackle shop or guide reports say the fishing is good. lol

There's a good chance I'll be too sick to go into work tomorrow.  I can let you know what the conditions are like if I make it out there.

It is good when there is catching

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

River conditions were still excellent last night, haven't checked today. Plenty of fish actively showing themselves on the surface. I managed to break one off last night, just a brief quickie the river after 7pm in that nasty storm.

psd1179

• Old Timer

River conditions were still excellent last night, haven't checked today. Plenty of fish actively showing themselves on the surface. I managed to break one off last night, just a brief quickie the river after 7pm in that nasty storm.

I did not see anything rolling from vedder crossing to hatchery. the water did not rise fast as expected. but over all good condition.
I am done with vedder. Would like to explore squamish river later instead

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Water was beautiful today. Still seeing some fish rolling.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Water has been beautiful but the level is spiking now, almost at 2m.

psd1179

• Old Timer

How does the river look like? any photo?

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

River looks very nice. Steelhead green with medium flow. Saw one angler flyfishing below the crossing which is open to flyfishing only now.

psd1179

• Old Timer

River looks very nice. Steelhead green with medium flow. Saw one angler flyfishing below the crossing which is open to flyfishing only now.

The water level is at 2000, I guess not many gravel bar exposed