Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 156446 times)

ali2pali

Hopefully it is raining up in the Chilliwack Lake watershed - giving the lake a good recharge that will cause the river to drop more slowly.

Between Chilliwack and Hope it was raining for most of the afternoon, it even hailed a bit. So yeah, there was quite a bit of rain up river from the crossing and in the watershed.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Conditions are excellent this morning, it is dropping nicely...

BBarley

Hooked a couple dogs while out taking the dog this afternoon. Had some fun with them on my twitching rod short floating a jig. Water has come down and cleared since yesterday, still a ton of fish on the move in front of me.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Conditions are excellent this morning, it is dropping nicely...

Got your limit by 9 eh?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

No, dropped the kid at school off by 9, worked the rest of the day and listened to reports all day. ;D :'(

bigsnag

• Old Timer

That is strange. Chilliwack is not showing any rain but river rising at the crossing.
It will be strange if you drink and pee at the same time.
It ain't the roe bro'

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Water is dropping and clearing up fast again. Plenty of fish on the move this morning.

lapa

Water is dropping and clearing up fast again. Plenty of fish on the move this morning.
Not in area  where I was fishing:'(. Didn't see single fish rolling. Was very slow. Still managed to get one hatchery on roe.

waterbearer

Not in area  where I was fishing:'(. Didn't see single fish rolling. Was very slow. Still managed to get one hatchery on roe.

That makes two of us, fished mid-river from 10 to 5 saw a few big springs and got a follow from a jack spring on an olive green jig other than that didn't see anything moving. think some colour in the water is needed.

CohoJake

• Old Timer

That makes two of us, fished mid-river from 10 to 5 saw a few big springs and got a follow from a jack spring on an olive green jig other than that didn't see anything moving. think some colour in the water is needed.
Yep, it cleared up VERY quickly after this last rain - I think because it is so cold up in the hills.  Surprisingly slow on the lower river this morning as well. 

ali2pali

Yes, snow on the hills likely locked up some of that moisture. Slow for me too today. 2 fish in a couple hours...and lots of people out. River was busy!

BBarley

Took the hound for a walk/scouting mission today, watched a good school of fish mill around in a pool until a few folks walked down towards where they were, then they scurried to the tail, presuming coho. These folks never even touched the water with their waders and yet the fish could pick up on their presence (my shadow wasn’t anywhere near the water). How far do you have to stay back to not trigger their lateral line detection? 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 09:57:09 PM by BBarley »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Conditions are pretty much the same as yesterday as expected, maybe a bit lower. Fish are not moving as much, but still plenty around. A quick morning session yielded three wild coho, a couple of chinook jacks, one chum salmon and lost another coho before returning home for breakfast.

BBarley

If the ziplipped coho are frustrating you, throw a stinky purple grub tail on and hang on. The early dogs are smoking them.

Aki

Went out with my son and buddy...canal, slow....lower river some action with row, otherwise quiet...upper river fish moving through and hooked a few...