Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: 2018 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 156436 times)

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante

.......at least a half dozen river weasels scurrying along the shore around Allison's sight flossing for fish along the edge yesterday...
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

CohoJake

• Old Timer

First light was active and then quieted down; lower river. River is dropping and very clear.
Glad to hear there is a first light bite again.  Yesterday there didn't appear to be one at all - I didn't hook a fish until 11am yesterday.  And where did all the springs go?  Here one week - gone the next.

CohoJake

• Old Timer

.......at least a half dozen river weasels scurrying along the shore around Allison's sight flossing for fish along the edge yesterday...
Nothing new - they've been doing it as long as I've been fishing this river - at least 25 years.  At first I thought you were referring to the actual weasels that appear to be common on the lower river this year.  There are a couple at Vedder Crossing and I saw one at Hopedale as well.  They look link minks to me.  Cute little buggers, but I bed they'd try to steal your fish if your back was turned.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.

Nothing new - they've been doing it as long as I've been fishing this river - at least 25 years.  At first I thought you were referring to the actual weasels that appear to be common on the lower river this year.  There are a couple at Vedder Crossing and I saw one at Hopedale as well.  They look link minks to me.  Cute little buggers, but I bed they'd try to steal your fish if your back was turned.

Jake. Shoot me an email we can connect sometime.  Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:01:57 PM by dennisK »

BBarley

Not to derail this thread but wondering if anyone has been having any issues with running braid (in this case #30lb Powerpro) off their spinning reels? I’ve been popping the line at my reel arbor on several hookups/snags while twitching jigs........ Back in the day this stuff would saw through your finger five years after you spooled it up, can’t for the life of me figure out why it would snap where it makes the 90 coming off the arbor. Brand new line and not buried in the spool as far as I can tell.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Rod. If you find a spot and are doing well , why should u leave?  I’ve had it happen many times where your doing well and “fall fisherman”  show up after they see the splashing and Next thing you know whish whish whish and biting fish “f” off! When u prefer drift fishing vs casting in pools for salmon your going to see this behaviour and it’s not ethical and it will ruin the bite! Just running away from this doesn’t cure the problem. Shame these baristas

It hasn't been an issue for me actually. I've basically stopped fishing at places where this might occur, or maybe the types of water where I focus on coho are just not interesting to rippers.

Reserve lake front!! ;D

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!

BBarley

maybe u bought some counterfeit line !
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:44:37 PM by rjs »

cammer

• I'm a llama!

Rod. I know how your fishing and that’s why I stayed it isn’t “ your “ immediate concern until you get a blatant snagger in a back eddy etc!!  But this IS ALL OUR ISSUE! It’s pure disrespect when people do this for other fisherman and obviously the fish ! Maybe when u start steelheading and u see it happening you may take a more serious view of this activity which I’m sure both Gadsden and basok would strongly agree with me

BBarley

BBarley

maybe u bought some counterfeit line !

I hope the bulk spool at Fred’s isn’t counterfeit...... It’s a complete mystery to me. It makes absolutely no sense why it would simply unfray/disintegrate at the arbor with 30lb when it should come apart at the braid to mono knot or the jig knot :o

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!

I hope the bulk spool at Fred’s isn’t counterfeit...... It’s a complete mystery to me. It makes absolutely no sense why it would simply unfray/disintegrate at the arbor with 30lb when it should come apart at the braid to mono knot or the jig knot :o

I'd go back to freds

cammer

• I'm a llama!

https://youtu.be/lwvT2-T9NR8 SEE you did care before Rod. Why not now? This can happen to you in your spots as well , same and float snaggingand same affect to scare fish out of biting

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

I still care Cam. ;) I just don't put myself in those situations anymore these days, too tiring. Between kids at home and my filming work, I only get a bit of time to fish on my own so I do everything I can to avoid busy spots. I rather use the energy on advocating proper angling through social media etc.

BBarley

I'd go back to freds

Might do, not enjoying this leaving a fish with a jig in it's mouth with 20 yards of line trailing behind. Anyway, where are the springers? Haven't seen many around aside from a few jacks. Did the SRKW finally acquire a palette for those things now that the native run is on life support?

cammer

• I'm a llama!

That’s fine rod. I know it’s tiring but you can’t say on this forum “ just leave” or go to other places,  you didn’t do that before right?( video above),  so I am advocating shaming these people so we all have “ non tiring fishing days” where we enjoy our day ! I’d rather say the fish beat me vs the “river baristas”did.  Peace

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Not to derail this thread but wondering if anyone has been having any issues with running braid (in this case #30lb Powerpro) off their spinning reels? I’ve been popping the line at my reel arbor on several hookups/snags while twitching jigs........ Back in the day this stuff would saw through your finger five years after you spooled it up, can’t for the life of me figure out why it would snap where it makes the 90 coming off the arbor. Brand new line and not buried in the spool as far as I can tell.
Have you noticed any nicks or fraying in the line?  I wonder if there is a bur on the arbor or it is somehow malfunctioning.  Also check that your guides are intact - if they are the kind with ceramic rings, one chip in the ring can cause lots of break-offs and shredded line.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33