Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CFL 2018 after 4 games cream is coming to top..  (Read 27188 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: CFL 2018 after 4 games cream is coming to top..
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2018, 12:59:40 PM »

Sure was excited A-BOATER. Lost my voice. Been a long time season ticket holder, can't remember a finish like that. June Jones made a colossal blunder in punting the football instead of kicking the field goal.
Yes you are so right. A 45 yd attempt wise is my guess makable 75-90% of the time. It would of cemented the W.
Yes in all my yrs of watching the CFL I too can not remember such an exciting WIN !
Jennings made such well thrown passes under the pressure situation.  With such little time in regulation the Lions got a TD & that 2pt conversion with the toe in. Then in OT things went their way !!!
Hamilton is not a pushover team. FA with such a great great exciting game "maybe" you should donate a $100 to the BC Lions !  ;D  Fans got their money's worth that's for sure.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2018, 03:21:29 PM »

I "donated" more than $100 to the Lions in terms of season tickets for the past 50 years !  :)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2018, 03:58:33 PM »

I "donated" more than $100 to the Lions in terms of season tickets for the past 50 years !  :)
Gee I see clearly now...with the more losing than winning the BC Lions should give you $100!!! (assume...in the history of the BC Lions from start to present in all the games total they played ...pre season regular season & playoffs my guess is the Lions lost more games than they won ??? Or maybe they won more than they lost ???? )
Say you started going to the games at 15 ...that would make you 65 yrs old.
Thumbs up for supporting the team for the many many yrs.
Question for you FA ...on a nice blue sky warm fall or summer day where would you like to watch a home BC Lion game? Empire Stadium ( know Empire no longer exists ) or BC Place Stadium.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2018, 04:16:44 PM »

Question for you FA ...on a nice blue sky warm fall or summer day where would you like to watch a home BC Lion game? Empire Stadium ( know Empire no longer exists ) or BC Place Stadium.

Empire Stadium hands down although I prefer the individual seats at BC Place rather than the bench seats.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2018, 08:53:35 AM »

Empire Stadium hands down although I prefer the individual seats at BC Place rather than the bench seats.
Totally agree. Like the PNE location for football. Empire Stadium could of been upgraded a bit at a time ..better seating, retractable roof,...with football tickets one could take in the "fair" as a bonus. Win / win situation. It was all about the Skytrain going downtown thus Canucks & Lions got moved.
In my thinking the Canucks & Lions should still be playing at the "fair grounds.
Let's get Jimmy Pattison to increase his legacy & build a football & ice rink there & ya let him put his name on both. The Skytrain could be branched there too. The PNE line. ( Jimmy can pay for that too )

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2018, 01:08:33 PM »

Unfortunately there isn't many restaurants around Empire Stadium. The advantage of a downtown arena and stadium is the number of restaurants one can partake in a pre-game meal or after game drink

arimaBOATER

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2018, 09:43:54 PM »

Tigercats 40. Lions 10.
Score tells the story.
For every 1 pt the Lions made the Tigercats scored 4 !!!
Lions heads just were not in this game. They just showed up & went thru the motions.
They did not come to compete.
Embarrassing. At least make a QB change half way thru the 3rd qtr.
The Tiger mauled the Lion.
Coaches like in Edmonton Calgary & SK would be yelling at their players & try to get them to wake up !!!
Kinda like a jockey getting the best his horse can do....
A Ra Ra coach can get more out of his players than just a quiet passive one.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2018, 11:36:59 PM »

A total embarrassment. Lions weren't prepared to play and the coaches were unable to make any in game adjustments. After the final game, the total coaching staff should be given their walking papers.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2018, 01:12:29 PM »

The crazy part is after the regular season 6 teams make the play-offs. Teams with a losing record still can dance in the post season. Honestly I'd add in 1 extra regular season game to the schedule & have only the top 4 teams go to the post season.
The reg. season has to mean something. If only 4 teams had the chance to make it then every reg. season game would really mean something. Teams would have to fight hard to make it & they definately would have a winning record at the end. Lion players were shaking hands & laughing it up after yesterday's game. They take losing too easy.
The CFL in the past after a loss or a win the team showed it. A loss they were not happy campers...a win they were happy & tried just as hard the next game. Past 1960s 1970s 1980s teams had CFL greats who took a loss seriously. ( long faces ) guys like Ronny Lancaster etc....

arimaBOATER

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2018, 02:04:17 AM »

Lions get the win over the Argos!!
Need more wins to make it to the post season.
Possibly cross over.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2018, 09:03:41 AM »

Lions get the W over the a Stamps last week (in Calgary) & last night against the Esks at the Lion Den.
(Vancouver) Lions are peeking at the right time.
Running back ( check ) receiving (check ) ( one guy from the Als & other from last yrs Argos )
Light at the end of the tunnel.
Lots of pts scored by both teams. Lions would of have more if mot for flags on the plays.
Go Lions Go !

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2018, 10:58:29 AM »

We're back in the playoffs ! Devier Posey was a one man wrecking crew, scoring 3 touchdowns in the 3rd quarter.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2018, 09:32:00 PM »

Lions were never known as a good away team.
Have no idea on the history of wins losses in away compared to home games in their history. Nevertheless bet the margin is quite big. Lots of losses as the visiting team & more wins as the home team.
Game looked decent for awhile but the Lions went down in flames.....
The LA Dodges were up 4-0 but lost 9-6 in tonight 's game. In the series down 3-1....they lost in flames tonight. Canucks vs Pens looked also decent but suddenly 4-0 ...only about 4 minutes to go...down in flames !
All three games looked decent then suddenly the flood gates opened up & the thrill of victory & agony of defeat. One team wants a few beers & the other losing team wants a big piece of apple pie & ice cream.
Comfort food.  ;D
Oh the Leafs get the W tonight.
Nashville W or L ? Did they even play today ?
West coast fans have little to cheer about tonight. Boooooooooooooooo what  5-0 !!!!! Thank The Lord this is not game 7 of the finals. ( another riot )
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:37:58 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2018, 10:02:03 PM »

Lions got owned tonight by the Riders. Got dominated in all 3 phases of the game. Nothing more need to be said.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2018, 10:30:37 PM »

Lions got owned tonight by the Riders. Got dominated in all 3 phases of the game. Nothing more need to be said.
Yep lightning strikes 2x. Lions get owned tonight by the Stamps. Got dominated in all 3 phases of the game. Nothing more need to be said....other than the Stamps were trying to get the W so to lock in a first place finish. The Lions win or loss had no bearing. They go to Hamilton for a play-off game.
Lions looked sluggish & the Stamps were energized & focused.
But honestly fans take the effort to go to the game / plus fork out the $$$ they deserve to be entertained. Plus where is the team pride ? This lazy effort honestly shows there is a weakness with this team.
The Lions will only prove me wrong if they come out with all guns blazing even if they lose next week. In the least give it their all.
I'll eat my shorts ( under wear ) if the Lions win the Grey Cup in 2018  ;D
Thanks to Wally. He I think has run outta gas to really be a head coach. The players have tuned him out.
The players were not prepared & the fans went home very unhappy & frustrated. Like why did we come here tonight. No effort. The QB change should of been done 1/2 way thru the 2nd Qtr.
Jennings tried to kick start the team but the players looked flat.
Big changes coming next yr.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 10:38:31 PM by A-BOATER »