Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CFL 2018 after 4 games cream is coming to top..  (Read 25553 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: CFL 2018 after 4 games cream is coming to top..
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2018, 01:10:39 PM »

Lions should have won. Three sure interceptions dropped, dropped snap to kicker Ty Long, time count violation, poor tackling especially by defensive backs.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 10:33:32 PM »

Lions should have won. Three sure interceptions dropped, dropped snap to kicker Ty Long, time count violation, poor tackling especially by defensive backs.
Lots of players on a team & all it takes 5 guys to screw up on any given play & it can cost a team a game. No wonder head coaches of football teams look so so serious. They never smile. Unless they win of course. Wonder who the Lions play next ? Hopefully not a top team...they need an average team to best up on. They need a win.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 10:57:26 PM »

Lots of players on a team & all it takes 5 guys to screw up on any given play & it can cost a team a game. No wonder head coaches of football teams look so so serious. They never smile. Unless they win of course. Wonder who the Lions play next ? Hopefully not a top team...they need an average team to best up on. They need a win.

The undefeated Calgary Stampeders on Saturday night. Could be a long night.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 11:25:51 PM »

FA you say Calgary...hopefully the Stamps are in a rare lazy mood & have a bad game OR as ya say it just may be a long night because should they come out & play to their usual level on offence & defence they may score 28-40 pts & the Lions 20-25. My guess anyways.
Go Lions go ..but we do have the Lulay factor so we just never know. He's a leader. If Lulay has an average game then "good night Irene" Lions lose for sure. As long as the Lions do not lose it at the end like in their last game....

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2018, 11:42:58 PM »

Johnny Manziel made his CFL debut tonight against the Hamilton Ti-Cats. It was very auspicious one as the Als were humbled 50-11. Manziel threw 4 interceptions, although one wasn't his fault.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2018, 02:14:03 AM »

FA yes the debut of Johnny Football was not a good one. Think they put him in against the wrong team for his first start. He came from the Tigercats so it just added the extra pressure. Plus Hamilton lost 3 games & they were so up in this game to get a win. They were hungry Tigers.
How about the big comeback by the Argos. They were so behind in the score but....won it at the end. Their new QB came thru big-time in the second half.
Lions are hungry for a win. What's on the menu. Oh tasty Stampers that's all. Sat. night is the showdown. Will Wally be happy or will his lips twitch & more grey hairs by the fourth qtr. only time will tell. Please nuke countries do not blow up the world yet....need to watch some tv sports.
Noticed big Chris has not weighed in lately??? Hope he's ok? Go Lions Go !

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2018, 11:09:43 PM »

As expected, the Stamps remain the only undefeated team with a 27-18 win over the Lions. Lions' downfall was their inability to stop 2nd and long. They play the Edmonton Eskimoes next Thursday night at BC Place.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2018, 02:20:57 AM »

As FA said another loss for the Lions. Burnham made some great catches. He 's got good hands.
Well Lulay had better on Thurs. bet the house on a Lions win over the Eskimos.
BC Lion kicks the ball & the flag is thrown. Wally B after that had his lips twitch & hair got more grey.
Lions remind me of the Canucks. Linden resigned. ( nice way to leave but in reality me thinks in reality resigning is like a firing in a lot of cases ) The boo birds maybe want Wally to step down or resign, or get plain old CFL style "Your Fired".
Lions should score 30-40 pts with the offence talent they have. Watched the replay & it's late. Hoped for a W but....no cigar. Good night Irene.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2018, 06:30:43 AM »

Buono won't be back next year. This is his last season.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2018, 06:44:50 AM »

No way was I going to watch a football game on the boob tube when it was such a nice sunny PM. Planned to watch later around 10:30 pm ( taped ) but those plans fell thru. Now gotta try not to hear the score till I watch the game Fri pm around "whatever". Have a feeling the Lions lost as no one posted on the game. ( too pissed / angry I assume or fans celebrated a W & too hung over to post ??? Which is it ?
Over & out )  ;D if a Lion loss changes are going to have to be made to get this team on track. Shake them up.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 07:00:35 AM »

Surprise A-BOATER, believe it or not the Lions won ! Great game. Edmonton scored on the opening drive. Lions were being pushed around in the first half but regrouped at the half and came out and outscored the Eskimos 21-3 in the final 30 minutes to win 31-23. Very entertaining game. It was hot and humid in the stadium. I shudder to think what it would have been like if the stadium had been closed.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 08:10:34 PM »

Watched the game today & it was a close one. Yes FA it was an exciting game  !!!!
I thought the Lions were going to lose as the Esks were within striking distance. Thought the defence of the Lions played a great game!!! Rushed Reilly alot...so he could not set up. Plus DBs made a lot of key plays. What was Bouno thinking going for two pts in the 4th. A point would give them 8pt lead.  They go for 2 & miss thus were 7 pts ahead.
A TD & single ties the game. At least if your 8 pts ahead it forces the Esks to go for a 2 pt conversion just to tie.
Anyways thank goodness the Lions got a W.
Yes it was very hot yesterday.  :)
Lulay arm looks strong & he took some good hits so his knee etc must be ok.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:13:00 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 08:30:13 PM »

I like Wally's decision to go for 2 points. If successful, it would have been a two score game and really put the screws to Edmonton.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2018, 07:29:49 PM »

I like Wally's decision to go for 2 points. If successful, it would have been a two score game and really put the screws to Edmonton.
Think the time on the clock was around 9-10 minutes left in the game.
If the Lions kick the single they go ahead by 8pts.  Kicking a single is successful 95% of the time I assume. Ahead by 8 pts then would force the Esks to get a TD for 6pts but they would be still down by 2pts thus they would surely go for a 2pt conversion. Not sure the odds on successful 2 pt conversions 40-50% my guess.  Then if the Esk do not make the two pts the Lions are still ahead by 1 pt.
The Lions did not make the 2pt conversion thus Esk can tie the game with a TD & single.
Hindsight is always 20/20. But your right if the Lions make the 2 pts they are ahead by 9 thus the Esks need a TD , a 1 pt conversion & field goal to win by a pt.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 12:22:29 AM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2018, 02:04:47 AM »

Lions vs Argos. Close game. Exciting finish. Thought Lions would get the field goal & win the game in the 4th but the fumble. At least Burham got 4 receptions. He is sure hands & should be the go to guy when the Lions marched down the field.
Arcenneax after the catch should of just went down on the field as he had a 1st down but he tried to plow into 3 Argo defenders only to get the ball jarred out of his hands. Boo!