Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toronto a Go Go / Vancouver a ga ga goo  (Read 49262 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Toronto a Go Go / Vancouver a ga ga goo
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2018, 07:03:07 PM »

Watched 5 minutes of 2 bad teams tonight and poor old Bob Cole is not the play by play man he once was. Maybe it is hard to call a game with 2 bad teams trying to play. TV off and off to badminton.

Absolutely can't stand Bob Cole. Watched the entire game with the mute button on. Oh baby !!!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2018, 07:03:54 PM »

Watched 5 minutes of 2 bad teams tonight and poor old Bob Cole is not the play by play man he once was. Maybe it is hard to call a game with 2 bad teams trying to play. TV off and off to badminton.

Who were the Leafs playing ? :)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2018, 09:44:48 PM »

I take it Chris had not much interest in spending time watching two bad teams & Cole's play calling.
Think he expressed his feelings very clearly. Ouch !
Well that bad team beat your team in December & tied Leafs after regulation time. Think that makes the Canucks Stanley Cup contenders :)
As for Bob Cole you(s) may be correct. Mind you Danny Galivan ( sp?) & Jim Robson ( oh ya is it Hewitt the guy who called Canada vs Russia '72 ) were my favourites & everyone less just does not appeal to me.
3 bad goals let in by Nillson the Canuck goalie tonight though he did make good stops on other shots.
Far shot that was deflected by an inch. Hugged the post thus shooter had lots of space to slap it in on the far side. He lost his angle from where the shooter took the shot.
Plus he kicked out a rebound to a Hab player in the slot & it was returned right into the net.
Nillson just looked unbalanced or unset to me. Markstrom is 10x better than him.
Chris plays badminton. Honestly that game is not as physical as tennis but it still gives a person a good workout. Bending reaching,moving....
Canucks better get their mogo working soon. >:(

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2018, 10:00:40 PM »

Ah - the Canada - Russia series. One of my most loved and prized possessions is a puck signed by Paul Henderson from that series. That was the most exciting hockey I ever had the pleasure seeing.
http://

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2018, 10:02:08 PM »

I take it Chris had not much interest in spending time watching two bad teams & Cole's play calling.
Think he expressed his feelings very clearly. Ouch !
Well that bad team beat your team in December & tied Leafs after regulation time. Think that makes the Canucks Stanley Cup contenders :)
As for Bob Cole you(s) may be correct. Mind you Danny Galivan ( sp?) & Jim Robson ( oh ya is it Hewitt the guy who called Canada vs Russia '72 ) were my favourites & everyone less just does not appeal to me.
3 bad goals let in by Nillson the Canuck goalie tonight though he did make good stops on other shots.
Far shot that was deflected by an inch. Hugged the post thus shooter had lots of space to slap it in on the far side. He lost his angle from where the shooter took the shot.
Plus he kicked out a rebound to a Hab player in the slot & it was returned right into the net.
Nillson just looked unbalanced or unset to me. Markstrom is 10x better than him.
Chris plays badminton. Honestly that game is not as physical as tennis but it still gives a person a good workout. Bending reaching,moving....
Canucks better get their mogo working soon. >:(
Badminton was a good work out and I get more exercise than when I played hockey, many moons ago. I donot remember much but my last year i got the hattrick and many hats were on the ice.lol

I even played with one of Phil Gaglardi  boys Bob Gaglardi; and against Harry Jerome who was a great guy. I once gave him a bad body check and was concerned I would have affected his running ability. He was a fast skater too.

4 of us played a 7 game set of games all but one close and we won 4 of the 7. Glad I went to badminton as the game got worse after I turned the game off. FA will get his wish, a high draft pick, for a few years. Time to trade the Sedins for more draft picks as they are done too.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2018, 11:36:38 PM »

Chris good ya did not seriously injury Harry Jerome because if ya did ...The Sun headlines read:
"Harry Jerome seriously injuried in hockey game "
Storyline goes ...Chris body checked Harry Jerome along the boards which many said was a dirty hit.
Others stated it was a clean hit. For the record no penalty was called on the play....
Kidding aside Jerome was a black guy & ran the mile in under 4 minutes in the 50's & has a statue on the PNE grounds ...think I'm right on this info. Popped in my head.
Phil Gaglardi nicknamed Flying Phil I think because he got lots of speeding tickets. He was also the BC highways minister. He had a sister I believe Mary Gaglardi & she was the head pastor for many years at the Glad Tidings church ( gospel ) on Fraser near Kingsway. (Van) something weird happened as she just left her position.  Churchgoers were stunned. No goodbyes or nothing. Jimmy Pattison attended there for many many moons even as a kid into adulthood. Have no idea if he goes there now.
Ya have mixed with some well known people there Chris.

And Nova having a puck signed by Paul Henderson. Wow that is a treasure. That whole series had Canada spellbound. Was it 8 games or best of 7 ? 8 games sounds better. 4 in Canada & 4 in the USSR. Students watching the game in the classroom. The series kinda got the same attention in Canada as the first man on the moon or Pearl Harbour attack or sinking of the Titanic...
In Canada had the Russians get a big lead in the series & most thought there is no way Canada could win the series as it shifted over seas.
Henderson scored big goals in the last two games. Winning ones. Told Pete M to get off the ice & he jumps on. Imagine that happening today ? Only the coach gets the line change orders,not a player !!!

Ha he's now a Bible thumper & has been one for years.
He told a story that he was reading a Bible on a bus full of his teammates but he had a Playboy mag on the outside of the Bible.
He did not want his teammates to know at that time he was reading scripture. Years after he told everyone about his faith / belief.
Heard he had cancer a few years ago & got better ? Guess he's still alive. Hope so.
 How Canada came back to win the series was an uphill struggle for sure. Can still see Alan Eagleson the lawyer getting trouble in the stands with Russians & then being transported across the ice by someone to save his butt .. ;D
As it turns out in coming years Eagleson was not a trusted hockey agent...oh the good old days has lots of stories. Russian hockey rink was huge too. Lots of room for those Russians to skate & make plays.
What a series. 
Only goal by Orr scoring against the Blues or the Great One Wayne G passing to Mario L. for a goal in the Canada Cup comes to mind & those goals is not as big as Henderson's winner in Russia. Game. 8 I guess it was.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:52:17 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2018, 11:48:45 PM »

In the two game series with the Leafs, the Canucks got more points. Guess that proves that the Canucks are a better team. Rebuilding right on schedule. Boeser, Horvat and Petterson. Future looking bright. ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2018, 08:18:17 PM »

Canucks lose to Caps. Did not even know about that game so missed it. (going to miss a game it might as well be a loss. ) score normally indicates how the teams played.
Canucks only scored 1 goal so imagine they played the pits.
Leafs lose again. What? Against a tired Sen team.
Leafs are playing good to keep games close but jo cigar in recent games.
Argos changed their foot ware during half time & they had better traction on the snowy field. Played a part in their upset win over the Stamps.
Maybe the Leafs should wear roller skates.  :o
Time for the jockey ( coach ) to take out his whip.
Come to think of it both TO & Canuck jockey need to up their volume abit.
Coaches get a bullhorn.  "Now hear this....  " ( volume on high )

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2018, 08:46:42 PM »

They should fire that so called "advisor".  ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2018, 11:17:08 PM »

They should fire that so called "advisor".  ;)
Good idea! 2x good idea. Infact FA & I should confront Chris & look him right in the eyes. FA you stare at his left eye & I'll stare him in his right eye. Then we will both suggest for him to put in his resignation.
If he says: no then will tell him we will go to the Leaf management & demand Chris gets FIRED.
(Actually maybe not a good idea....Chris may respond with sign language. One middle finger.)
Or he may try to kick us in the butt when we leave. 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2018, 07:29:32 PM »

Great road win by the Canucks. Back on track.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2018, 09:57:11 PM »

Should get even bettere when Horvat returns. Probably after the bye break.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2018, 10:32:32 PM »

Great road win by the Canucks. Back on track.
2x
Good the Blue Jackets played the night before. & they looked a bit tired.
Canucks rested & were ready to go go go...
Horvat conditioning may be not so good. Ankle injury thus he cannot do any cardio work outs.
Hope he does not smoke cigs or pot.
If so he 'll really be sucking oxygen when he returns.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2018, 07:58:59 PM »

Wow if only the Canucks had 1 more minute on the clock...lost 1-0 to the Jets.
Two man advantage. Too much passing & clock tic tic tic...to zero.
Shoot shoot & shoot  >:(

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2018, 08:47:39 PM »

Wow if only the Canucks had 1 more minute on the clock...lost 1-0 to the Jets.
Two man advantage. Too much passing & clock tic tic tic...to zero.
Shoot shoot & shoot  >:(

I missed last nights tilt, but tonight was some pretty darn good hockey. It's fantastic to see Horvat back and not looking too rusty.Nillson looked good. And you're dead on with the pretty passes ABs. The last time I checked pucks don't wrinkle twine unless they're directed on the net. The Jets are looking pretty darn good though and I found myself counting a few times thinking they had 7 guys out there because of that stifling checking.Better effort.