Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toronto a Go Go / Vancouver a ga ga goo  (Read 47108 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: Toronto a Go Go / Vancouver a ga ga goo
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2018, 06:53:17 AM »

Sabres are playing smart ( better ga ga goo effort ) as they look like the bottom feeders at season end.
Canuck players started to win & lessen their odds of a top pick.
Another W last night.
Why did they not play like this before?
Simply now they know the playoffs will be missed & they got their nice 5 month holiday.
Now with some wins they are simply trying to save some face.
They have pulled the wool over the Canuck fans eyes & any fan that cheers these guys on is a SUCKER.
You cheer on this team & it's like cheering on a jockey racing a jackass my friend my friend.
Maple Leafs definately has Jockey in charge & he's riding a Race Horse.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 06:55:41 AM by A-BOATER »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2018, 09:13:33 AM »

Finally Demko got his chance - and he played very well for a rookie tossed into the , um , shark tank. Goldobin is starting to hit his stride, Gaudette has a big upside and throw in Boeser, well it's a bright future with the others coming up through the ranks. Now get rid of the Sedins and Edler and nab a few decent free agents and it may be sooner rather than later.
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2018, 12:33:16 PM »

Finally Demko got his chance - and he played very well for a rookie tossed into the , um , shark tank. Goldobin is starting to hit his stride, Gaudette has a big upside and throw in Boeser, well it's a bright future with the others coming up through the ranks. Now get rid of the Sedins and Edler and nab a few decent free agents and it may be sooner rather than later.
100x you said it all. Can't add a thing. Maybe if this Nova advice is followed we just may have a team worthy to cheer for. ( this year we're SUCKERS if we cheer for them ..too many rotten apples in barrel...next yr if they TRY sincerely game in & game out ..it they will get my Go Canucks Go Go Canucks Go Go Canucks Go....this year with so many non effort games it was more of Go home Canucks Give me 1/2 at least a refund as only 1/2 team is trying. )  ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2018, 12:45:13 PM »

Told you, the future is looking bright. :) More changes in the off season coming. Stay tuned.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2018, 04:49:08 PM »

Gotta say I'm sorry to see the twins retire, even though I thought it was time. There goes two of the classiest and skilled players ever to grace the Canucks uniform. When I heard the news, I felt like someone close to me had passed on.

However
On the bright side, 14 million in cap space can buy a few studs.Next mission - Ericson and Edler......

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/the-top-30-unrestricted-free-agents-of-2018
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2018, 08:51:10 PM »

Told you, the future is looking bright. :) More changes in the off season coming. Stay tuned.
Sorry FA in my last post before this one mentioned you & Chris hardly post anymore ...ha!
Then I see your post after. "Egg on my face" I was trying to stir the pot. ( sh_ _)
Yep FA future is looking bright.
Yes Nova I agree. Classy & skilled. Too bad about game 7 in finals. Only big disappointment.
Plus both had most points in the NHL ..near 2009 or 2010.
Both retire within total 20-30 pts of each other. Shows how evenly matched these guys were.
Agree it's time & free up the $$$ & have the new leaders take over.
Only thing the Canucks lacked during their 17 yr career was another great player & more of an outspoken player. Twins were too laid back for my liking. Too quiet. Sometimes leaders need to speak up. Guess they thought that's the coach's job only. But in the interview they could say " We are playing awful for whatever reason? " "We as players on this team should look in the mirror"
Something like that.
Ok I think the Canucks just may crank it up next season. Draft pick should help.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2018, 11:35:24 PM »

Vegas is a good team & for their first yr in the league. But what about those Canucks scoring 3x in the 3rd period to tie the game 4-4.
Tie game so nothing wrong with that as still tied after 5 minute OT. Vegas gets the bonus pt.
Nova FA mojoman I truly think the Canucks are going to do much better next year.
Pres. & GM were sitting next to each other & ya could see they were really tuned in. These guys hearts are in it. Next up Avs. & should be a special night. Last home game.