Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toronto a Go Go / Vancouver a ga ga goo  (Read 47107 times)

arimaBOATER

Toronto a Go Go / Vancouver a ga ga goo
« on: December 09, 2017, 10:39:08 PM »

Had an insightful conversation. Chap was saying Toronto the good is now the CFL & MLS soccer champions. Bragging rights. He claimed with the Leafs win over the present Stanley Cup champions Pens 4-3 score tonight makes Toronto the favourites to win the Stanley Cup 17/18.  8)
Leafs have impressive wins in Dec. despite the terrible schedule. Leafs he claims have to play 5 games with only 2 in between off days & 4 games ( back to back ) the system is rigged against Toronto but he claims great teams can overcome.
Well at the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period Canucks were leading 2-1 & then the Flames put it in another gear. ( passing gear I guess ) final score 4-2 Flames.
Gee maybe it's time for wise Canadians to start cheering for the a Go Go up & up Canadian teams.
Lions another ga ga goo team fired 4 count them 4 coaches.
Toronto Grey Cup & now MLS champions...stay tuned. Maybe Stanley Cup Champions too?
Know the many Leafs fans in the west will be dancing in the streets. ( quick turnaround..they were bottom feeders & laughing stock only 2 yrs ago. Now...beat Pens tonight with all round effort.
What could I say to this chap? Could only nod my head in agreement. Facts are facts & I'm not talking about the fax machine.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Toronto a Go Go / Vancouver a ga ga goo
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 10:51:43 PM »

Fake news ! They could talk all they want about how great the Maple Leaves are but they lost to the Canucks. Enough said.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 11:37:17 PM »

Fake news ! They could talk all they want about how great the Maple Leaves are but they lost to the Canucks. Enough said.
Well that is a fact & I'm not talking about fax machine. Have to nod my head to this statement also.
Nevertheless winners want to get behind a winning Canadian team so one eye open for the Canucks & one eye closed on the possibility of cheering on the Go go team.
Vancouver has a recent history of not making the playoffs or not going very far. Europeans like to go see their families in the old country. Home sick.
Canucks will have to win 6/10 games or else they are fakers again. Floppers. They should of won their last 2 games.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 10:03:32 PM »

Canucks 1 Jets 5
1 plus 5 = Canucks lose AGAIN.
Goalie let's in the first shot. ( deflectioned as it goes thru a maze of legs & skates )
Leafs scoring / Canucks are not
Leafs getting goaltending (like Johnny Bower style) / Canucks lately not ( invisible man style. )
Easy being a Leaf fan ( Chris is so happy I bet ) / not so being a Canuck fan.
Something tells me the Canucks are exhausted from the game they had with the Leafs  ;D
Beating them was like playing 3 extra periods of OT. Like a 120 minute game.

If it takes so much energy for the Canucks to beat the Leafs that means in a best of 7 the Canucks would win game 1 & then Leafs would breeze to winning the series 4 games to 1.
If this continues maybe we ( Canuck fans  ) can get the Canuck brass to buy the used paper bags from Toronto at a big discount. That means we could buy a bag for 5 cents instead of 25 cents. 20 cent savings at 8,-10,000 as that's all that will be going to the game. :o
Come on Canucks snap out of it. They are in a stale (ya stale too but meant to say stall) or spin & heading for the ground fast.
Advisor had better come up with a trick or two from up his sleeve.
Looks like Chris's Leafs lost the game vs Canucks....but not the battle.
Smoke cleared & Leafs are on a streak & Canucks limping along every since  >:( boo boo boo. )
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:09:42 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 10:06:08 PM »

The rebuilding is coming along nicely. Nothing to be concerned about. :D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 10:13:08 PM »

The rebuilding is coming along nicely. Nothing to be concerned about. :D
Thank you I feel much better now.
Look for great things in the Canucks next game.
Rebuilding means winning at least 1 game after 3-4 loses.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 07:22:56 PM »

A couple of glasses of fine wine coupled with a few rum and eggnogs will also make you feel better ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 07:55:00 PM »

A couple of glasses of fine wine coupled with a few rum and eggnogs will also make you feel better ;)
;D ;D ;D How true ! ....but the next day ? (Eggnog have not had any this yr. great tasting but kinda sweet & rich. Good tasting food & beverage tends to be unhealthy ( junk food. )
One guy ate a lb of butter at a past job ( sawmill ) at work everyday.
Warned him that doing so was really bad for his heart health.
He laughed it off like "water off a duck's back". One day he did not come to work.
Yep heard he had a heart attack & was in the clouds above or down in the fire. Poor guy.
Leafs lose in Philly.
Great game in Chicago.
Panthers 2-1 in the 3rd.
7 minutes to go.
End to end skating the entire game.
The play by play guy also has so much emotion in his call. 
2-2 just now. Big horn going off.
Now that ...da a dat da da dat sound when the Hawks score.
Sportsnet tv

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 06:34:20 AM »

I got me some tickets to the Nashville game tonight. I suspect Nillson to be in net as Markstrom has to launder the poop out of  his sheets from that poorformance in Winnepeg - plainly put, he sucked.Green has got to play Goldobin and give the kid a chance instead of letting him twist in the wind. Some of the things he does make me shake my head.
http://

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »

I take it Chris won't be accompanying you. He might learn something on how to become a hockey advisor.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 10:13:04 PM »

I got me some tickets to the Nashville game tonight. I suspect Nillson to be in net as Markstrom has to launder the poop out of  his sheets from that poorformance in Winnepeg - plainly put, he sucked.Green has got to play Goldobin and give the kid a chance instead of letting him twist in the wind. Some of the things he does make me shake my head.

As a Canuck advisor, what changes are you planning to make after tonight's game ? You may have to grant Chris' wish of pepperoni on his pizza. ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 10:22:21 PM »

As a Canuck advisor, what changes are you planning to make after tonight's game ? You may have to grant Chris' wish of pepperoni on his pizza. ;D
Gee thought FA was the Canuck advisor ? I've been wrong before.
Ya so Nova any ideas to advise the Canucks ?

Maybe a third string goalie. Nillson also poo poo his paints tonight. ( actually a new baby in their house hold. Maybe the baby is crying too much & lack of sleep for the Mr & Mrs ...should play Nillson on away games. He should get better sleep with the baby in Vancouver.
Canucks are spinning their wheels. Torts must be laughing alittle bit but his team also got killed yesterday so badly that he took no questions after the game.  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 10:45:54 PM »

A-BOATER, unlike the Leaves, the Canucks have many advisors. Among his many duties Novabonker is in charge of trades.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 12:19:16 PM »

A-BOATER, unlike the Leaves, the Canucks have many advisors. Among his many duties Novabonker is in charge of trades.
Advisor Nova please trade the twins & .....
Guess you all know FA Nova & myself are advisors of the Canucks.
Are the brown paper bags coming soon.
Fortunately in my employee contract I am the only pt time advisor.
When the Canucks win I was on duty & when they lose I was off duty.
Notice my pay check has been rather low lately  >:(
Nova you were at the disappointing game yesterday where the Canucks got destroyed.
Maybe ya got the same feeling leaving the rink as compared on how Chris did when Canucks beat Leafs.
Think the fans take the losses harder than the players.
Why?
The fans paid $$$$ & that $$$$ went into the players pockets.
Fan = a loss & also lost my $.
Player = a loss but got $ in my pocket regardless.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 10:25:38 PM »

As the world turns /ball bounces / puck slides / Canucks get a W yahoo & google & msn & MSG ( rink or food chemical or new web search engine? )
Canucks are like Dr Jekle Mr Hyde. They sure had jump tonight.
Sharks normally in recent past have dominated the Canucks. They would physically pound them with heavy body checks & own the play.
Well the Sharks cannot hit what they cannot catch. 4-3.
Good entertaining game.
Leafs lose. Happy days are here again.  ;D