Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toronto a Go Go / Vancouver a ga ga goo  (Read 47122 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Toronto a Go Go / Vancouver a ga ga goo
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 11:17:55 PM »

Canucks win, Leafs lose. this calls for another glass of wine. :D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 01:02:46 AM »

Canucks win, Leafs lose. this calls for another glass of wine. :D
Good call ...having me a 3rd glass of France red wine.
Fini

arimaBOATER

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 08:58:19 PM »

Flames played on Saturday / Canucks rested.
Sunday game the Canucks were just terrible.
Plus another injury?
Whack to the leg!!!! Looked like it was done on purpose.
Reminds me of Bobby Clarke whacks Russian ankle in the 72 series.
Goaltending is either great or the pits.
Tonight it is the pits.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 09:18:53 PM »

I went to a Giants game on Sunday. There isn't a bad seat in the Langley event center. It was a treat to watch those peach fuzzed kids playing hard for the princely sum of $500 a month. Maybe some of those lard a$$ed grossly overpaid Canucks could learn something about playing with heart from them.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:34:30 PM by Novabonker »
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 10:21:40 PM »

Canucks allow another 7 goals. Time to bring up our other goalies. Canucks have two other talented guys. Guy who was with the Oilers 28 yrs old or so & a young guy who looks really good in pre season.
Maybe we can just trade Canucks for Leafs straight up. ;D
This way Chris can cheer on his Canuck / Leafs or Leafs Canucks.
Yes I agree with Nova that there are too many players on the Canucks who leave their lunch bucket at home. They seem to just go thru the motions. ( guarantee big $ win or lose the game )
Hard to bench players when they make their big big bucks. If I were coach believe me a lot of players would be benched to wake them up or allow them to re energize. Maybe the normal 80 plus schedule is too hard so ya just have them play 40 reg. season games. Play offs every 2nd game.
Something has to be done. Oh only if a Ernie Punch McLean old New Westminster Bruins was still around to be the head coach. One eye bandit would be the boss.
Canucks now have it too comfortable. ( imagine the Blackhawks head coach would go completely in orbit if his team played like the Canucks ...wishy washy )
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:49:46 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2017, 04:58:08 PM »

Canucks are playing tonight. We need a win badly. Hope all advisors including pt advisor ( me. ) have given the V C a winning game plan to beat the Blues.
If the Canucks should lose again we fans will have to take the time to change our diapers!!!!
Nightmare twightzone paper bag boo time before Christmas.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 05:30:54 PM »

Chris is back and we all know he's a closet 'nukker   :-X
4-2 good guys

arimaBOATER

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 11:52:25 PM »

"Chris is back" well his Maple Leafs are also. So is Matthews after a concussion. Must of been very minor as he sure came back quick.
Plus he got on the scoreboard.
Beating the Rangers in NYC is no small feat.
& our Canucks ...like a hit song being played on the radio " another loss...ya ya ya "
Sing it again.....ever since they beat the Leafs in early Dec after that it's been basically a big slide of losses with an odd odd win.
At least the Canucks had the game tied.  :o
Think even FA is so pissed at the Canucks he has lost hope. He never posts anymore. He always had something to spat about. "Fake news" or whatever.

It hurts all Canuck fans when our present Canucks are playing like 3-4-5-6 yr ago Leaf team.
( hope FA is doing ok? No medical issues? Have not a clue how old the guy is but he has 1000's of posts to this site thus he definitely is not too fresh out of the egg shell. )
Lions the craps Canucks the craps White Caps the craps.......Toronto ....Leafs are flying , Argos CFL 2017 Champions plus  TO is the MLS soccer Champions .........
Canucks need 3 intermissions I think per game...they lack concentration. 2 intermissions are just not enough.  ;D
O boy.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 11:56:42 PM by A-BOATER »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2017, 12:14:25 PM »

1- trade Gudbranson for a prospect and a draft pick. He doesn't want to be here.
2- sit Ericson out for a few games. That was a bonehead signing.A bull with a bosom
3- get a freaking goalie. Leaky and the Sieve are just plain pathetic.Back ups at best.
4- sit out whoever doesn't put some effort. They don't deserve playing time.
5 - no mean. Lost a lot with Dorsett gone.John Scott is available  ;)
6 - Dump Edler. Stupid penalties, indifferent play. Might get something worth while near trade deadline.
7 - Why is Gaunce here? It certainly isn't his puck smarts.

On the plus side- Boeser is amazing, Alex Biega is playing the best hockey of his career, Virtanen seems to be waking up, Pouliott shows some promise,Troy Stetcher is gold, Goldobin needs more playing time.

And that my friends is some needed steps. :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2017, 12:50:02 PM »

s in early Dec after that it's been basically a big slide of losses with an odd odd win.
At least the Canucks had the game tied.  :o
Think even FA is so pissed at the Canucks he has lost hope. He never posts anymore. He always had something to spat about. "Fake news" or whatever.

I'm fine A-BOATER. Thanks for your concern. Been very busy talking to Santa what to bring the Canucks in the new year. As well, I've been in touch with Novabonker with what changes need to be made. The results of our brainstorming can be summarized in Novabonker's post. (see above)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2017, 07:51:55 PM »

Burmistrov "retired" from the NHL. One less anchor. Wanna bet he shows up in the KHL?

arimaBOATER

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2017, 08:24:14 PM »

I'm fine A-BOATER. Thanks for your concern. Been very busy talking to Santa what to bring the Canucks in the new year. As well, I've been in touch with Novabonker with what changes need to be made. The results of our brainstorming can be summarized in Novabonker's post. (see above)
Good to see your ok FA.
As for Nova's post & you both brain storming together I have to admit those are very logical ideas on the players.  As mentioned lots of crap players on the team as well as goaltending has really gone downhill. Average goaltending just does not cut it these days in the NHL. These guys have been below average even.
Wonder if Dorsett could be added as an assit. coach. He may have that certain personality / character that will motivate players to play better. Imagine Dorsett standing behind players at the bench. They will be thinking "I better put out & skate hard on the ice or else because Dorsett is looking at our play.

May I take this time to wish all members & Rodney Nina & family a Merry Christ mas & safe healthy & happy 2018.  :)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 08:26:41 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2017, 10:15:31 PM »

Merry Christmas and good health to all Canuck and Maple Leaf fans.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2017, 11:01:12 AM »

Enjoy your holiday time with friends and family. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2017, 05:09:06 AM »

Been away and the Canucks are so bad and the Leafs so good not much one can write about these days. ;D ;D ;D Off to help with today's steelhead derby.