Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toronto a Go Go / Vancouver a ga ga goo  (Read 47123 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Toronto a Go Go / Vancouver a ga ga goo
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2017, 12:49:10 PM »

Been away and the Canucks are so bad and the Leafs so good not much one can write about these days. ;D ;D ;D Off to help with today's steelhead derby.

Coincidence that the Leafs are doing better with you being away ? ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2017, 01:24:40 AM »

Coincidence that the Leafs are doing better with you being away ? ;)
Believed in miracles for a long time but FA only confirmed the fact. He wished all Canuck fans & "LEAF FANS a Merry Christmas.
For FA to include Leaf fans that 's a genuine miracle in my books.  ;D

Nice to see Chris's post after an absence.

EDIT IN : Leafs have impressed me.
They have a greedy nose for the net. The way they buzz around shooting,passing & shooting, players going for rebounds,players in front of the net they give themselves chances to possibly get 4-5 goals per game.
Canucks shoot & no one looking for rebounds , no one infront of the net on & on seems to be the norm.
One of the many additions the Leaf has on their team that has fit in so good is Pattrick Marleau.
Leafs look like they are a very positive team via body communication & the Canucks radiate kinda a gloomy vib.
Someone has to step up & lead the way. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:44:47 AM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2017, 04:53:47 PM »

Believed in miracles for a long time but FA only confirmed the fact. He wished all Canuck fans & "LEAF FANS a Merry Christmas.
For FA to include Leaf fans that 's a genuine miracle in my books.  ;D

It was the red wine that made me do it. Should stick to drinking white.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2017, 12:10:04 PM »

It was the red wine that made me do it. Should stick to drinking white.
That's a relief.
Honestly thought maybe ya accidently mixed some medication/pills with alcohol or possibly misread the label & downed the entire bottle of cough medicine.
But as you stated all it took was some red wine...gee FA deep in his heart has a soft spot for hockey fans of any NHL team ( well Canucks & Leafs at least )  ;)

Seen a tv sports story of Coach Travis Green getting tough at the Canucks practise. He was chatting it up & sorta scolding some players during the practise.
His patience is over so it's whip time. Players have been coasting lately.
Blackhawks are going to be a big challenge.
There's a team that normally plays hard game in & game out. Very seldom do they have a stinker game.
Would not miss this game for a million $. ( oops just lied )

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 10:59:16 PM »

Boeser got more goals than Auston Matthews.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 11:07:42 PM »

Leafs lost their last game 4-3 (Colorado Avalanche ) in OT.
Canucks lost tonight 4-3 against LA Kings in regulation time.
Net result Leafs get a pt & Canucks no cigar  ;D
Kings hit the post on shots as did the Canucks.
Good effort by the Canucks but they were overpowered.
Kings could of scored 3 more goals easily in this game but Markstrom really played solid.
LA are big physical fast for their size skilled & talented.
In the playoffs if they get tested in each series they possibly may wear out being bigger guys. ( run outta gas ) 
Leafs are going to play Vegas on Sunday. Not a given. Lots of very good teams in the NHL this year.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2017, 08:44:13 AM »

I keep having the nagging sight of how many unfinished checks the Canucks aren't making and the dump and chase baloney.They need to step up and play a little more physically - ie Ben Hutton flattening Dustin Brown. I'm hoping this is the Sedin's swan song as the cap space that would free up might help a lot for next year. They were practically invisible last night as was Ericson. I'm a big Sedin fan but there comes a time when it's past due to hang them up. Ericszon was a huge mistake. I disagree on Markstrom as he's a decent back up at best. He soils the sheets more than steals a game. And about that 7 LA players oin the ice.....the zebras need some "coaching"
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 09:31:37 AM by Novabonker »
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2017, 01:23:05 PM »

I keep having the nagging sight of how many unfinished checks the Canucks aren't making and the dump and chase baloney.They need to step up and play a little more physically - ie Ben Hutton flattening Dustin Brown. I'm hoping this is the Sedin's swan song as the cap space that would free up might help a lot for next year. They were practically invisible last night as was Ericson. I'm a big Sedin fan but there comes a time when it's past due to hang them up. Ericszon was a huge mistake. I disagree on Markstrom as he's a decent back up at best. He soils the sheets more than steals a game. And about that 7 LA players oin the ice.....the zebras need some "coaching"
If LA Kings decided to give out heavy body checks the Canucks injury roster would of had 3-5 more players added to it. Canucks knew better than to stir the hornet's nest.
Agreed Markstrom over all has not played very good for a lot of the season but his last two outings he has been sharp.
Sedins must go. They are not a Jagar G Howe or Chris Chelios type. Free up the $$$ as you stated.
They keep bringing in guys like Ericson & Ryan Miller ( ex Canuck goalie shipped to the Ducks ) & spend big bucks only to see below average results. Total flop.
You are so right on those pts.
Since coach Green blasted his men they have played much better. Sutter is another guy who gets big $ but he seems to be injured a lot.  Better drink more milk & egg whites. Toughen his bones.
Canucks to beat the good NHL teams they have to play in their very highest gear while the other team is matching their effort playing at 90% output.
The Canucks need an European sized rink so they can have the extra room to max. their speed advantage over the other team. On the NHL small rink size it takes the perfect play for them to score.
Most of the time against the top teams they get out muscled & out hit.
Conclusion: this current team is not going far into the playoffs should they get there.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2017, 04:21:12 PM »

Conclusion: this current team is not going far into the playoffs should they get there.

The plan is to obtain a high draft pick. Going according to plan ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2017, 10:32:52 PM »

The plan is to obtain a high draft pick. Going according to plan ;D
He'd better be a good choice. A look alike play alike Bobby Orr would do just nicely. 

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2018, 10:11:57 PM »

A goalie would be nice. This game I was watching was embarrassing. Nillson needed a soccer ball instead of a puck. Seems he was more than a little pi$$ed off when he got pulled and stomped down to the dressing room. He looked terrible and Markstrom ain't a grand improvement.Finally some tough from Michael Chaput and he gets the decision on that one.  Stetcher, Goldobin, and I gotta give the first star to Chaput for 3 canuck stars. Say what you want about Dorsett, he kept the other team honest and less likely to enjoy liberties. If Chaput really wants to step up, good on him as there's a need for some sandpaper.All in all this is a poorly executed, disjointed, disorganized and lacking effort.Over now thankfully, I don't drink but I'm considering the glass of red wine you gents speak so fondly of.
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2018, 10:38:24 PM »

Ex Canucks ( 3 of them ) & rest of a Duck gang & add in a very poor outing by our goalie & it's 5-0.
Ducks are very positional players. Canucks were rushed to make plays & shots. That's why Miller looked so good. He just had to stay in the net & play the angles.
When he was a Canuck he 'd be flopping, he'd over react on plays & be 5 ft to the side of the net...
Plus when he was our #1 goalie he had the pressure on his shoulders. On the Ducks he is the back up & Gibson is the #1 guy.
Kesler forward Biexa defense ( sp? ) are physical guys & play with attitude.
Nillson looked really awkward. He flopped a lot & was outta position. He's a minor leaguer & not ready for the NHL pressure.
Wife just had a baby so maybe the kid is crying in the middle of the night. Not proper sleep possibly.
Nillson may be better in road games where he had a sleep at the hotel.
When the Canucks had the puck in the Duck zone they just had zero time to set up. Ducks were on them like sticky fly paper. When the Canuck had the puck at the blue line the Duck player would be on him so he had to pass it away quickly.
Ryan Miller played it cool & relaxed & was always in position. Canucks play the same game which is skate & pass & shoot. To get the Ducks off there positional play the Canucks needed to throw some heavy body checks but they just do not have the big physical guys to do it.
Toronto were goo goo ga ga also in their game. No goals for them either.
Edit In:
Nova --- ya these Canucks will even get the non drinker to consider a glass or two  ;D
Recommend a $15-$16 red wine Merlot French wine.
Or a Pinot Noir French Red wine same price range.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:30:53 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2018, 01:03:08 PM »

Since you're a wine connoisseur A-BOATER, is Baby Duck or Lonesome Charlie a good wine to drown one's sorrow ? ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2018, 09:20:53 PM »

Since you're a wine connoisseur A-BOATER, is Baby Duck or Lonesome Charlie a good wine to drown one's sorrow ? ;)
This is a subject of great debate. In short I'd say as long as there's alcohol in the bottle "yes it will do"
But do as I do...wear white gloves. Open the bottle. Nice clean wine glass. Pour a few ounces into glass.
Swirl the wine ( in glass ) Sniff the wine & smell the aroma. Take a swig I mean taste. Swish the wine in your mouth & crave the taste on tongue & swallow & feel the bliss.
& if the game goes like the Ducks game vs Canucks 5-0 forget the above. Take off the gloves & put the glass in sink & grab bottle & tilt & slosh back the wine to calm one's negative emotions of another disappointing loss. If you feel you have had enough wine after drinking 1/3 of the bottle just remember the Canucks have lost 3 times in the Stanley Cup Finals. This will give the feeling to drink 2/3 of the bottle. With 1/3 of the bottle left think of when the Canucks beat Toronto in early December 2017 ( when the Leafs had way more scoring chances but just could not finish on the plays. ) The memory of that great win by the Canucks over the Leafs should give one the feeling ( you guessed it ) to nearly finish the rest of the 1/3 of the bottle. Very important to leave at least a drop or two in the bottle.
This way when you go to bed you have peace of mind that you did not drink the entire bottle  ;D
Drink lots of milk ( 1/3 to 1/2 jug of milk over the night when you wake up...helps to partly prevent hang over. )

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2018, 05:56:30 PM »

Watched 5 minutes of 2 bad teams tonight and poor old Bob Cole is not the play by play man he once was. Maybe it is hard to call a game with 2 bad teams trying to play. TV off and off to badminton.