Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shorefishing between Ambleside and Dundarave?  (Read 10535 times)

psd1179

• Old Timer
Re: Shorefishing between Ambleside and Dundarave?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 09:03:09 PM »

a washer is as enough as the cutting board. The pelican kayak is 1/4" thick. very difficult to break. With four screws mounted the rod holder base, it is very secure.

Ambassador

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 12:04:35 AM »

Wow, sorry for the thread highjack to the OP.
x2.

The pelican kayak is 1/4" thick. very difficult to break. With four screws mounted the rod holder base, it is very secure.
This is incorrect.

Not saying they don't exist, but no Pelican kayak I've seen is 1/4" thick. The first one referred to is the Pelican Odyssey 100x made of Ram-x material that is wafer thin - my guess without researching it would be between less than 1/16" thick.

Here is a piece from when I modified my Pelican Boost - made of different and much thicker material than the Odyssey - coming in at 3/16".
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 09:05:55 AM »

x2.
This is incorrect.

Not saying they don't exist, but no Pelican kayak I've seen is 1/4" thick. The first one referred to is the Pelican Odyssey 100x made of Ram-x material that is wafer thin - my guess without researching it would be between less than 1/16" thick.

Here is a piece from when I modified my Pelican Boost - made of different and much thicker material than the Odyssey - coming in at 3/16".

You must be right. I did not measure. I installed four mounting base. They are all strong enough for abuse. I totally abuse my kayak, wish it break so I can buy new one.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 01:42:56 AM »

OP says say what you will.

Maybe not learning about the specific query, but learning none the less..:)