Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016/17 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 97470 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Every sizable community in the FV has the same problems. In Chilliwack the only difference is it's worth their while to hit fishing locations.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Jk47

Heading out in the a.m. and looking forward to a couple good days on the river I hope. Haven't been out since the water was up. I'll be camped out in my van Saturday night after fishing elsewhere up at the little pullout around the corner upstream of Allison if anyone from here felt inclined to stop and say hi lol   tight lines --

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River fishable today.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water looked great this AM.

Jk47

Saw a few hooked yesterday, among them this big wild buck, estimated about 14-15 lbs - I couldn't  fit my hand around it when I tailed it and with the other hand filming, we didn't get the money shot before it spat the hook and bolted back to its haunts but made for a good 2 minute video:
https://splice.gopro.com/v?id=qnLYe5
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:15:47 PM by Jk47 »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River conditions are not good today which most of you would have known with all the recent rain. Also time to renew your license.

Jk47

Yup, I imagine there'll be an officer or two out on Saturday checking out licenses.

Animal Chin

Saw a few hooked yesterday, among them this big wild buck, estimated about 14-15 lbs - I couldn't  fit my hand around it when I tailed it and with the other hand filming, we didn't get the money shot before it spat the hook and bolted back to its haunts but made for a good 2 minute video:
https://splice.gopro.com/v?id=qnLYe5

Great video, very good quality. Thanks. Nice choice of background song.

Jk47

Thanks A.C.

Blackrt03

Chris, how's the water looking today.

bobby b

Judging by the graph the water is pretty high...quite a spike in height over the last 24-30 hours...I'd say prob pretty coloured up too....
https://wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/report/real_time_e.html?stn=08MH001

Jk47

Even if there's not another drop of rain it's highly unlikely to be fishable by Saturday. Stay home😜

bobby b

Even if there's not another drop of rain it's highly unlikely to be fishable by Saturday. Stay home😜

^^^ agreed  :-X

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Chris, how's the water looking today.
sorry did not get down for a look.

Blackrt03