Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016/17 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 98450 times)

Dave

• Old Timer

Certainly less than other years; you can see the results on Fred's web page.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer

Started at Tamihi yesterday. Visibility 18-24" with water levels at ~2.4m and dropping on the hydro graph. Hooked a fish for a couple of minutes but it escaped in the rapids. Didn't get a good look at it.

Tried a couple other spots, ended by landing and releasing a 38" hatchery fish at Peach Rd. Heard from two other anglers that a couple of other fish were caught there yesterday too.

Seems like visibility dropped a bit over the course of the day (or maybe because we switched locations?). New to steelheading, so very happy to connect with a fish  ;D

psd1179

• Old Timer

Started at Tamihi yesterday. Visibility 18-24" with water levels at ~2.4m and dropping on the hydro graph. Hooked a fish for a couple of minutes but it escaped in the rapids. Didn't get a good look at it.

Tried a couple other spots, ended by landing and releasing a 38" hatchery fish at Peach Rd. Heard from two other anglers that a couple of other fish were caught there yesterday too.

Seems like visibility dropped a bit over the course of the day (or maybe because we switched locations?). New to steelheading, so very happy to connect with a fish  ;D

You released a 38 inches fish, damn ;D

bobby b

That is fine..... hopefully I can catch it tomorrow!!!

Good to hear there are some Hatch around .... so far I've only connected with wilds

Tenz85

Fished the afternoon on the upper. Visibility was about 2.5ft higher up and 2 midway down. Seen a wild one hooked but no luck for me. Had my truck window smashed to top it off as did a few others. Stole a Motomaster Nautilus battery pack and oakley sunglasses. The crackheads were hard at work from 3-5.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:02:16 AM by Tenz85 »

psd1179

• Old Timer

Fished the afternoon on the upper. Visibility was about 2.5ft higher up and 2 midway down. Seen a wild one hooked but no luck for me. Had my truck window smashed to top it off as did a few others. Stole a Motomaster Nautilus battery pack and oakley sunglasses. The crackheads were hard at work from 3-5.

Sorry about that. Where did you park?

Walleye76

>:( no wonder the breakins are so high this season...

http://www.theprogress.com/news/416955394.html?mobile=true

Tenz85

Break-ins occurred from thurston meadows camp grounds to allison pool camp grounds. Looks like a pry bar was used against the window sill to shatter the window. The other guys had lost two kicker subs (black with yellow writing), amp attached to sub box, running shoes and sweats. Saw some fresh tracks on the sandy gravel that looks like a small truck with all season tire treads.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:53:15 PM by Tenz85 »

TheLostSockeye

Break-ins occurred from thurston meadows camp grounds to allison pool camp grounds. Looks like a pry bar was used against the window sill to shatter the window. The other guys had lost two kicker subs (black with yellow writing), amp attached to sub box, running shoes and sweats. Saw some fresh tracks on the sandy gravel that looks like a small truck with all season tire treads.

Could be a vehicle not saying it isn't but the degenerates are pretty crafty. They ride their bikes with trailers all up and down chwk lake road. I once saw one get from the vedder crossing bridge to tamihi bridge in just over 20minutes. There is always lots of activity around tesky rock as they are constantly going into town to get their fix and or steal from people's homes.

ddave91

Went out with my buddy yesterday, saw two suspicious females in black Jeep Wrangler approaching our vehicle @ Allison Pool. They took off right away once they saw us walking back to our car. I suspect they are one of them, and glad we came back just in time... And saw them driving back and forth between Prison and Allison Pool a few times when we were up river. Look out for black jeep wrangler, and don't leave any valuables in the car.

Walleye76

Did you call police with this info? It's great to alert members of it but really what's that gonna do to stop them for any significant amount of time.

Tenz85

Police were called once back in cell service. I cheaped out on a low deductible for comprehensive, so forked up 450$ out of pocket for a new window and patching up the trim. Just throwing this info out there as a reminder and to keep vigilant.

Walleye76

Was referring to the black Jeep Wrangler driving back and forth but glad you also contacted police.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

maybe its time to set up a game or hunting camera in popular parking areas. will not take long to get some footage of said goofs.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Problem is, said goofs will get 3 squares and a hot shower and be back out in no time looking for their next fix. It's a real shame what has happened to the city of chilliwack. So much going for it outdoor recreation galore, old town charm, all amenities you could ever need, and all the crackheads that have been pushed east out of the lower mainland.