Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: claims of secret fishing holes on the Vedder  (Read 13764 times)

fishtruck

claims of secret fishing holes on the Vedder
« on: November 29, 2016, 01:38:41 PM »

The last few times that I've talked to people that fish the Vedder, asking as a way of keeping conversation going, whether they fish above or below a certain spot they've just mention, I always get the famous " I have a secret spot no one know about". Just curious, from what I understand there are no real secrets as to fishing spots on that river. Sure you can walk the river to find some quiet spots for yourself, but as to no one else knowing that spot, I find that hard to believe. With thousands and thousands of people that have fish that river, surely, every nook and cranny have been explored. Now, having said that, I know the river changes every year, but by the shear number of people that fish that river should make it very hard to find a honey hole that no one know about. What are your thoughts

chironomidking

Re: claims of secret fishing holes on the Vedder
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 02:14:20 PM »

Here is a secret map of all the fishing spots.

http://www.bcfishingreports.com/vedder-river.htm

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 02:54:04 PM »

" I have a secret spot no one know about".

Right  ;D ;D ;D
Unless this person is fishing in the closed area he is full of ....

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 02:54:22 PM »

Take that map down.  It's G14 classified.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 02:55:32 PM »

'Secret Spots', no.

Spots that are often looked or more difficult to get to.  Yep.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 03:37:29 PM »

Secret spots = often overlooked spots by inexperienced anglers.
That said there's a few spots that take some serious effort to get to which keeps people away.

cdjk123

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 03:58:55 PM »

Lol definately no secret spots on the vedder. Way too commercialized by certain businesses to allow for that.
Certainly there are spots that are less frequented, but not in September and October lol!

Drewhill

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 04:30:08 PM »

There are no secret spots. What's a secret is where the fishing are holding. This season there was a spot in the lower that everyone knew about but it was fishing bad the first part of the season so people stopped going there. Then for a few weeks lots of fish were being taken but everyone had already given up on it.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 04:38:00 PM »

KWB. But on the west side. Sssssssshhhhhhhhh.

bobby b

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 04:45:59 PM »

There are no secret spots.... there are 'spots' that may produce well at times and may be out of the way ... if by chance someone comes across a spot that nobody else is at and it produces well then that 'someone' may chose to keep that info to themselves ( a secret ) .... but that does not mean it is a secret spot.
 As others have pointed out the river does change year to year and a 'spot' that produced well one year may not the next year ( or the next day or week for that matter ) .... it may not even exist the next year.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 04:49:54 PM by bobby b »

John Revolver

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 05:00:26 PM »

"Secret spots on the vedder" ahahahha

The Vedder is the epitome of a factory river. Its pretty much the Wal-Mart of rivers. Its easily my favourite to fish because of the ease of access. Ive hit everyspot from the very top to the very bottom. Some awesome stretches of water :) 

The only thing I do not like is ,when compared to other streams,  the Steelhead tend to be tightlipped due to the thousands and thousands of "presentations" they get assaulted with over and over and over again.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 05:29:37 PM »

Lol definately no secret spots on the vedder. Way too commercialized by certain businesses to allow for that.
Certainly there are spots that are less frequented, but not in September and October lol!

Thats pretty much why i dont shop at local tackle shops. Harass you about your spots and where your fishing and bring all the yahoos out there.  Lie too you about what lures are working, usual some new one. Also lie to you about wheres hot, when everyone on the forums and everywhere says its dead. If I went to some shops tomorrow i know they would tell me i could limit out on coho here and what to use. 

Shop at Army and Navy and no one knows you exist and get stuff way cheaper.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:31:42 PM by wildmanyeah »

doja

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 06:52:35 PM »

There are totally secret spots.... But they develop and dissolve constantly  with changing water Heights and every year the river changes from slightly to a lot....

I've had spots that no one ever knew about but they don't last long.... Then I find a new one.

Many people over look these spots....
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 06:55:15 PM by doja »

fishtruck

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 09:03:21 PM »

Doja, I think what you might be alluding to is not that a spot is secret but the ability of the angler to read the river. If that is the case then I think there are plenty of folks out there that would be able to find those spot, thus it isn't a secret. It then becomes just a matter of each one's ability to read that section of river and process that information correctly. if your spot was secret then no one would be able to find it, perhaps they are thereat another time.                                                                                                                                                               

fishtruck

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 09:08:22 PM »

Wildmanyeah, I've always found the local tackle stores that I've dealt with have been very truthful and informative. Having said that, I think it also boils down to whether you buy anything or not and the frequency of your purchases. if they keep seeing you there and making purchases, they are more then happy to share information with you, as least that's what I've found