Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: claims of secret fishing holes on the Vedder  (Read 13750 times)

typhoon

• Old Timer
Re: claims of secret fishing holes on the Vedder
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2016, 10:38:06 AM »

Kraft light. Food of the gods.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2016, 12:29:38 PM »

K....  I've been drinking all night and doing blow...  I'm going to tell a secret.

At the end of Osbourne road there's a great stretch of water! The residents are also really cool and let you fish there especially the corner house.... But the secret is you must knock on his door and ask him or he gets pissy.

Cheers!

....  Forgot to add....  Nutella

Stay classy San Diego.

John Revolver

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2016, 02:17:50 PM »

K....  I've been drinking all night and doing blow...  I'm going to tell a secret.

....  Forgot to add....  Nutella

I've never laughed so hard on FWR before ahahah

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2016, 03:58:08 PM »

All you have to do is start talking about any system here and how to get to it and where to fish and there will be out rage. Kanaka Creek, Chehalis, Dewdney Slough, Alouette River and there's outrage. pretty much can do a search on here and you will see. Even now people are still salty about the Gravel pit. Its kinda funny because if you walk into any local Tackle store they will pretty much tell you ever secret spot and even draw you a map. 

Still while i don't believe there are some secret spots there are definitely those less traveled like the Canyon on the Chehalis, Not very many people want to bushwhack then take a rope down a cliff but if you do it's pretty easy to limit out in the pools.  Lately tho people have just been pontoon boating down.

Walleye76

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2016, 11:43:31 AM »

Some times people need to put in a bit of leg work not just browse or lurk on forums to get the dirt on spots...as others have mentioned, the river can change from year to year, season to season, week to week so the guys that actually spend the time to scout and explore may get a tad miffed when info like that is shared on an open forum and IMO rightfully so. Put in the time if you want to know these "secret spots" through out the year, don't expect it handed to you because you know how to google!

Drewhill

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2016, 06:36:23 PM »

No tackle store will tell you about a small system or secret spot because most of those guys still fish and why would they want other guys around? They might tell you it's a secret spot just to get you to buy some stuff but it's usually a spot everyone knows.

All you have to do is start talking about any system here and how to get to it and where to fish and there will be out rage. Kanaka Creek, Chehalis, Dewdney Slough, Alouette River and there's outrage. pretty much can do a search on here and you will see. Even now people are still salty about the Gravel pit. Its kinda funny because if you walk into any local Tackle store they will pretty much tell you ever secret spot and even draw you a map. 

Still while i don't believe there are some secret spots there are definitely those less traveled like the Canyon on the Chehalis, Not very many people want to bushwhack then take a rope down a cliff but if you do it's pretty easy to limit out in the pools.  Lately tho people have just been pontoon boating down.

Old Blue

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2016, 11:49:08 PM »

Some times people need to put in a bit of leg work not just browse or lurk on forums to get the dirt on spots...as others have mentioned, the river can change from year to year, season to season, week to week so the guys that actually spend the time to scout and explore may get a tad miffed when info like that is shared on an open forum and IMO rightfully so. Put in the time if you want to know these "secret spots" through out the year, don't expect it handed to you because you know how to google!

This is a much nicer way of saying suck it up buttercup, get your butt out there and experience fishing and life at the same time.  I've been lazy since I did my "leg work" a number of years ago when I moved to the LML but it still pays off in spades 2 out of 3 trips but I need to get my lazy bum in gear this year and scout out more water and bump it up to 4 out of 5 good trips.  There are secret spots that aren't fence posted all the time but like others have said people haven't recognized the significance of the water/spot.  The best tip I ever received from a store (Hatch N Match) was look for any seam/structure upstream of a very fast water section.