Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it morally wrong...  (Read 16472 times)

A Frayed Knot

Re: Is it morally wrong...
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »

Boy this escalated quickly
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

poper

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 07:27:51 PM »

Let me gues,after you gutted it,and took the roe,you kicked a field goal,with the fish,cause it seems every body else there is. :D

Tenz85

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 08:16:49 PM »

Lol..
Pretty sure the regs state the fish must be hooked in the mouth and also that its illegal to waste a fish that has been caught.

bfasse

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 08:48:27 PM »

Sounds like the OP was simply explaining a typical goings-on. I highly doubt he is stating he actually did this, rather, many fishers out there are.

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 09:33:27 PM »

Sounds like the OP was simply explaining a typical goings-on. I highly doubt he is stating he actually did this, rather, many fishers out there are.

I ain't exaclty with it when it comes to the internet.  But I believe the kids call this trolling.  :P
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

Tenz85

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 10:46:09 PM »

Internet Troll:
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them.
"God, Jeromy won't stop posting about Larry's bad spelling in that conversation."

"Yeah, I know, what a Internet Troll."
by Person#98765 June 21, 2009, www.urbandictionary.com.

2slow4me

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 10:55:11 PM »

Does a troll live in a box, under a bridge or on a boat???  Hmmm   ::)

jacked55

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 05:21:14 PM »

I read somewhere that a troll lives under the spawning channel bridge at the Stave. Watch out for him as he will take your zombie chums from you and any roe if he catches you!

TheFishingLad

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 05:28:02 PM »

Internet Troll:
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them.
"God, Jeromy won't stop posting about Larry's bad spelling in that conversation."

"Yeah, I know, what a Internet Troll."
by Person#98765 June 21, 2009, www.urbandictionary.com.
Urban dictionary is wrong on that one.

The best description for It is "People who say things to provoke an emotional response from someone." It's simple, concise and not specific to the internet, though it made it easier and more widespread.

The best trolls are those whom cannot be trolled themselves, which in turn trolls ye who attempts the troll.

There is an art to it, the original posting here wasn't bad actually, but I feel a forum such as this it Is too easy to troll as there are some older gentleman who aren't the best with the internet; especially realizing when they've been trolled or not.

Edit:

If anyone wants to know if they're being trolled or not, I will offer the free service of letting you know. Just, mention my name or, message me the thread. I'll sort it out.

Additional trolling fee's may apply.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:35:12 PM by TheFishingLad »

jon5hill

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 10:37:46 AM »

What is worse for the fish:

A) Snag a fish by the back, reel it in after a strenuous battle - unhook it and release it. Snag another fish by the mouth - bonk it and keep it - then go home because your limit is done.

B) Snag a fish by the back, reel it in after a strenuous battle - bonk it and keep it - then go home because your limit is done.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 11:24:16 AM »

A) Snag a fish by the back, reel it in after a strenuous battle - unhook it and release it. Snag another fish by the mouth - bonk it and keep it - then go home because your limit is done.

B) Snag a fish by the back, reel it in after a strenuous battle - bonk it and keep it - then go home because your limit is done.

A is worse for the fish. But B is worse for the fishery, the whole point is to try and prevent people from purposely snagging.

jon5hill

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 04:25:45 PM »

A is worse for the fish. But B is worse for the fishery, the whole point is to try and prevent people from purposely snagging.

While the entire Fraser River is lined with people armed with bouncing betties targetting Sockeye.. Do you think it's a realistic goal to get all of these people to stop snagging? I think we should let them keep their non-mouth snagged fish and get off the water so they don't stand there damaging more and more fish all day just to take 2 out of 10 that are hooked in the mouth.

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 06:37:30 PM »

jon5hill you had a thread on this, no one is on it now for a reason.

Stop attempting to hiijack this thread.

jon5hill

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 06:57:24 PM »

jon5hill you had a thread on this, no one is on it now for a reason.

Stop attempting to hiijack this thread.

My comments are relevant. I'm sorry you feel obligated to police the forums in this manner.

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 07:10:03 PM »

My comments are relevant. I'm sorry you feel obligated to police the forums in this manner.

The op was trolling and looking for fun.  it was determined as such here
I ain't exaclty with it when it comes to the internet.  But I believe the kids call this trolling.  :P

And this thread was done here
Urban dictionary is wrong on that one.

The best description for It is "People who say things to provoke an emotional response from someone." It's simple, concise and not specific to the internet, though it made it easier and more widespread.

The best trolls are those whom cannot be trolled themselves, which in turn trolls ye who attempts the troll.

There is an art to it, the original posting here wasn't bad actually, but I feel a forum such as this it Is too easy to troll as there are some older gentleman who aren't the best with the internet; especially realizing when they've been trolled or not.

Edit:

If anyone wants to know if they're being trolled or not, I will offer the free service of letting you know. Just, mention my name or, message me the thread. I'll sort it out.

Additional trolling fee's may apply.

before this post here:

Therefore its a hiijack
end of my part of this discussion
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 07:13:24 PM by clarkii »