Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito  (Read 53159 times)

AnnieP

Re: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2012, 11:39:21 PM »

That's more like it!  Thanks, Annie.

Your welcome !!!

BentRodsGuiding

• Bent Rods Guiding & Fishing
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2012, 06:31:45 AM »

Farm it in France then, just get it out of here, where we still know what a real Salmon tastes like.

People cram Macdonalds down their gullets, is this also NOT CRAP, we all know the answer to that.

I very much look forward to the day someone like "Dave Watson" sets his sights on your industry.
Fraser River Sturgeon, Salmon and Steelhead www.bentrods.ca

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2012, 08:08:01 AM »

Farm it in France then, just get it out of here, where we still know what a real Salmon tastes like.

People cram Macdonalds down their gullets, is this also NOT CRAP, we all know the answer to that.

I very much look forward to the day someone like "Dave Watson" sets his sights on your industry.

The feedlot industry(and Macdonalds) uses marketing to sell their crap.  Most people eating farmed salmon (and Macdonalds burgers) have no idea of the health implications of putting that stuff in their bodies. 

I guess that's the reason for Morton's statement "Corporations are like giant mosquitoes" sucking the life out of people that fill their faces with their crap...  :(

Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

dnibbles

« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2012, 08:35:25 AM »

Dave Watson the English footballer? Dave Watson the musician? Dave Watson the only man to have skied the Bottleneck on K2?

An observation about the content and tone of the "two sides" in this debate. Only one side seems to repeatedly use the terms "we all know..." or "anybody with a  brain knows that...". I'm seeing these statements as displaying a sense of desperation in the argument; rational debate can no longer occur due to lack of fact, evidence etc, so alarmist and unsubstantiated statements such as these are being tossed around.

Is this beginning to approach the Godwin's Law asymptote???  

(PS - It's Paul Watson you refer to, I assume)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2012, 09:33:08 AM »

Actually, it is possible for someone to take the data and make the summary report say whatever they want.  

It is ridiculous to suggest that anyone other than someone with fairly extensive training and a good deal of experience in fish pathology, epidemiology, virology and fish biology could make any sense of what the data indicates.

As for the comment it should be posted regardless if NO ONE in the public can read it anyway what is the point  ??? ??? ??? It would mean nothing to them anyway and then people like you will just say your being shown a bunch of meaningless numbers. Good grief.........

As time goes on, this type of data is going to be more accessible to people like you.  The internet is just too much of a force now with everyone wanting to be able to access information online.  I believe the new federal aquaculture regulations will be introducing this.  It is not going to be instant as governments seem to move like glaciers sometimes with communication departments that would rather move backwards, but I think it is in the industry’s best interests in the long run in getting more public support.  

Actually the USGS is already providing a lot of raw data to the public.....  Appparently they give their public more credit for being able to understand the raw data than the feedlot business in Canada. Or is it that USGS is not paranoid that the public will discover the feedlot business's dirty little secrets...

Here's their raw data miner for IHN....  http://gis.nacse.org/ihnv/

They even provide a template program for anyone to use..... http://wfrc.usgs.gov/aquaPath_template.html   maybe something DFO and the feedlot business could use...  if they ever decide to become open about their dirty little operations.

Of course there is still the ridiculous issue with their voluntary disease reporting!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2012, 10:45:25 AM »

and sidestep steve won't divulge if he ever made any coin off of fish farming ::) :D :D :D
http://

AnnieP

« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2012, 11:36:16 AM »

Actually the USGS is already providing a lot of raw data to the public.....  Appparently they give their public more credit for being able to understand the raw data than the feedlot business in Canada. Or is it that USGS is not paranoid that the public will discover the feedlot business's dirty little secrets...

They even provide a template program for anyone to use..... http://wfrc.usgs.gov/aquaPath_template.html   maybe something DFO and the feedlot business could use...  if they ever decide to become open about their dirty little operations.

Of course there is still the ridiculous issue with their voluntary disease reporting!

[/quote

Too bad you don't understand your site actually shows how widespread IHN is in the world and the fact it exists in numerous fish species. It also exists in France occuring naturally in trout. It is endemic. You know occurs naturally in the environment ? ::) ::) ::) ::) You just proved why the public cannot use data wisely and that is because they don't know how to interpret it properly. Frankly your back to beating a dead horse. And you are proving absolutely nothing at all except you like to argue .

AnnieP

« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2012, 11:48:45 AM »

http://alexandramorton.typepad.com/BCP002975%20Case%23%20%2010-1442.pdf- Just one example of the fact Morton doesn't know how to read disease reports. The report actually in one part questions if the fish samples were electrocuted. It goes on to say a number of other scenarios and completes by saying there was NO disease present. Yet Morton interprets it as showing Dr. Marty has found disease. AF you are a sucker for a woman who spins nothing but crap about Dr. Marty who is far more qualified than she is to begin with. She still lies about Kibenge's ISA findings which were NOT confirmed and stated as such by approx. three other labs who retested her poor samples. Personally I think she submits poor samples deliberately knowing full well it gives her an excuse for lack of confirmation of her alleged results. The woman is a fraud.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2012, 03:02:11 PM »

and sidestep steve won't divulge if he ever made any coin off of fish farming ::) :D :D :D
Bonkers, you've already been told you won't like the answer ... why be embarrassed again? ;D

AnnieP

« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2012, 04:26:58 PM »

What difference would it make if he did ? The facts about IHN will still be the same, it is endemic in Pacific salmon and a few other species as well. It occurs in trout in France. The truth will still be there has never been a confirmed case of ISA in BC salmon in spite of Morton lying about her test results. And just where are the public records of Morton's test results ? Maybe some of  the public would like to see some proof from her  :D :D :D :D I know I would..........

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2012, 05:42:29 PM »

Yes it has existed in wild stocks for some time... It has never been a problem before but much like a public school someone almost has the flu and it's not a problem but if everyone in the class has it well that's where it appears we are now.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2012, 10:45:44 PM »

Too bad you don't understand your site actually shows how widespread IHN is in the world and the fact it exists in numerous fish species. It also exists in France occuring naturally in trout. It is endemic. You know occurs naturally in the environment ? ::) ::) ::) ::) You just proved why the public cannot use data wisely and that is because they don't know how to interpret it properly. Frankly your back to beating a dead horse. And you are proving absolutely nothing at all except you like to argue .

Annie, I have come to realization that AF does not actually get it yet.  Nibbles has it right in his latest post.  AF figures he has the magic bullet, but further analysis shows he just put a hole in his own arguement.  No more need to waste more ammo on him in that debate.  Want to jump into the "quick sand", Absolon...lol?

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2012, 10:58:32 PM »

What difference would it make if he did ? The facts about IHN will still be the same, it is endemic in Pacific salmon and a few other species as well. It occurs in trout in France. The truth will still be there has never been a confirmed case of ISA in BC salmon in spite of Morton lying about her test results. And just where are the public records of Morton's test results ? Maybe some of  the public would like to see some proof from her  :D :D :D :D I know I would..........

Annie, didn't you know that anyone that takes the opposite view of pro fear mongers HAS to be getting paid by fish farming?  They can't possibly be employed in some other field and have an opinion about the industry or fish biology.  Sorry, but I have to notify the rest of the shareholders about these latest developments tonight....LMAO.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2012, 11:45:33 PM »

I'm beginning to think that rather than quicksand, it's more like wrestling with pigs. As George Bernard Shaw said, the only outcomes from doing so are that one gets dirty and the pig likes it.

AnnieP

« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2012, 08:25:37 AM »

Annie, didn't you know that anyone that takes the opposite view of pro fear mongers HAS to be getting paid by fish farming?  They can't possibly be employed in some other field and have an opinion about the industry or fish biology.  Sorry, but I have to notify the rest of the shareholders about these latest developments tonight....LMAO.
You are right about that. I've been accused for years of being paid to stand up for fish farming. It doesn't occur to some people others actually believe in the industry and a lot of them have no connection to the industry whatsoever. I'm sure AF would be surprised to know the average person on the street has no clue who Alexandra Morton even is nor do they care. :) :) :)