Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito  (Read 53981 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 01:05:34 PM »

Is it just me or is she starting to sound like her mother?
loved the music though ;)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 07:39:53 PM »

Yes a complete moron for sure, I lost both my paternal grandparents in ww2, my dads brother was also killed so please dont even think of comparing.
Take the T out of Morton.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 01:38:49 AM »

Holy Hairy Hippie Batman !!!!!!!!!  :o, How big was the reefer she smoked before that interview anyway ??????

And to think, they call her a scientist. Nothing more than an idiot gone wild if ya ask me ::)

Funny how she blackens that cloud that's already over her head more and more each time she opens her mouth. :-X
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:07:42 AM by Bently »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 07:33:27 AM »

http://youtu.be/e6xoIsa54ck

Unfortunate when some people disagree with someone on an issue (fish farming in this case) then they bad mouth everything about the person. I see that as immature and down right rude. There are many people that I disagree with on various issues, (ask Chris) yet I could never get to the point of calling them names and belittling them as is being done here.

It would be good to have a discussion about how we disagree, but there really is no need for all the name calling. It brings down not only the level of how people see you, but the level of the forum as well.....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 07:54:30 AM »

Sorry AF but for anyone to make the claim she does its completly uncalled for. So I guess your ok with all the lives lost in WW2, just sayin.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 08:01:46 AM »

Sorry AF but for anyone to make the claim she does its completly uncalled for. So I guess your ok with all the lives lost in WW2, just sayin.

The last part of your statement is just nonsense and I can't believe you would even post that!

Disagreeing with someone is not the problem, calling people idiots and morons is....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 08:21:28 AM »

C'mon af, admit it, this is one of Morton's weakest soundbites.  Embarrassing.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 08:25:25 AM »

Chumming the waters..... Isn't a bait ban in effect? ;)
http://

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »

C'mon af, admit it, this is one of Morton's weakest soundbites.  Embarrassing.

Seeing as I didn't comment on Morton's video then I have to assume you have missed the point (and think it's ok to call people idiots and morons  ???).....  or as Novabonker suggests, you are chumming the waters.

If it's the latter, I'll bite....

I personally know a lot about mosquitoes, as I live in Chilliwack near the Fraser. This year has again been a bad one. When I go to my vehicle in the morning I have to wave away about 10 or 15 mosquitoes that are waiting on the window, hoping for an opportunity to suck my blood. Even when I move quickly to get into the vehicle, 2 or 3 of them still manage to fly in. It drives me nuts because I know that as I'm driving along, at least one of them will sneak up and bite me on the neck, arm or leg and will suck up my blood. It wouldn't be so bad if they just took my blood, but there is also the possibility that the mosquito might have just come from biting a west nile infected crow.....  and has now deposited that virus in me. My wife now insists that in order to prevent an accident we need to make sure the vehicle is mosquito free before driving any where. I have been known to focus more on killing an attacking mosquito, than making sure the vehicle stays on the road....     My wife can also tell you that I go nuts when I see a mosquito flying around inside the vehicle and it is obvious by the size of it's gut, that it's already feasted on me without my even being aware of it.

How are corporations like mosquitoes? In every way imaginable......  that's why we have all the environmental regulations and organizations in place to ensure they don't suck the environment dry and deposit their viruses.  http://www.ec.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=48d356c1-1

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 09:36:51 AM »

AF I guess Im not like others cause I call em as I see em.....not afraid to when its warranted.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 09:39:48 AM »

Like I said its ok to compare enviro impacts to being worse than WW2, or did you miss that part?? ???

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 09:47:04 AM »

The unfortunate conclusion you jumped to, was that she was talking about lost lives....   when what she was referring to was the destruction of property and the environment.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 09:57:48 AM »

The unfortunate conclusion you jumped to, was that she was talking about lost lives....   when what she was referring to was the destruction of property and the environment.

OMG....so your basically saying with the destruction of property and enviroment, no lives are involved, good job buddy, and Morton claims another mind..... ;D

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »

Why are you a part of this discussion anyways, you favor a Enbridge dont you???.... ;D ;D ;D