Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito  (Read 54018 times)

Green Horn

• beat the water..til the fish crawl out to ya!!
Re: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2012, 10:16:38 AM »

And to think, they call her a scientist. Nothing more than an idiot gone wild if ya ask me ::)

GONE WILD!!!???? I better go back and have a look see.....the first time I didn't see any naked students!!

The Green Horn

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2012, 11:06:12 AM »

Bonkers, you've already been told you won't like the answer ... why be embarrassed again? ;D

What have I got to be embarrassed about Dave? All I asked was if he ever made any of his money EVER, in the past or now from fish farmers and all I hear is stony silence. If I don't ask, I just assume he's another shill for the feedlots. How did you succeed in science without a curious mind? ??? ??? ???

Bonkers? Wow- that's a real knee slapper. Or was that a term of endearment?Again, that air of those that don't agree with your opinion are rude little ignoramus idiots, open to personal slaps and condescending cheap shots. Very mature and sure to win people over to your side. ::) 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:23:00 AM by Novabonker »
http://

AnnieP

« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2012, 11:59:45 AM »

What have I got to be embarrassed about Dave? All I asked was if he ever made any of his money EVER, in the past or now from fish farmers and all I hear is stony silence. If I don't ask, I just assume he's another shill for the feedlots. How did you succeed in science without a curious mind? ??? ??? ???

Bonkers? Wow- that's a real knee slapper. Or was that a term of endearment?Again, that air of those that don't agree with your opinion are rude little ignoramus idiots, open to personal slaps and condescending cheap shots. Very mature and sure to win people over to your side. ::) 
Last part of your comment sounds like the AF treatment of those who disagree with him.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2012, 12:23:20 PM »

Read a few of Shuswapsteves previous posts and even you should pick up on what he does for a living. 

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2012, 12:35:22 PM »

Read a few of Shuswapsteves previous posts and even you should pick up on what he does for a living. 

He's a chemist who makes SLICE?

I would imagine if he had a fishing rod in his hands he would be untangling a birds nest. ;D
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2012, 02:03:43 PM »

I would imagine if he had a fishing rod in his hands he would be untangling a birds nest. ;D
I haven't had the pleasure of fishing with him yet but I'm told he's a good angler, one who doesn't trip on his tongue and always backs his statements with facts.  And that's why people like SS are so important to forums like these ;D

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2012, 07:00:52 PM »

Dave get pictures to prove you went fishing with him.  :) I don't mean close ups of his face or anything like that. Just a distant shot of you and the scientist out there swapping tall tells and hauling in fish ....with a rod. I find that someone who spends as much time as he and some of the other pro folk, must not get much r and r if you know what I mean. After all this site does allow for posting about fishing trips and tips. Not just furrowed brow, point against point on fish farming. If I was a gambler though I bet he's playing with that birds nest. ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2012, 07:39:31 PM »

Dave get pictures to prove you went fishing with him.  :) I don't mean close ups of his face or anything like that. Just a distant shot of you and the scientist out there swapping tall tells and hauling in fish ....with a rod. I find that someone who spends as much time as he and some of the other pro folk, must not get much r and r if you know what I mean. After all this site does allow for posting about fishing trips and tips. Not just furrowed brow, point against point on fish farming. If I was a gambler though I bet he's playing with that birds nest. ;D

I have an extra fishing rod I can lend him.....  it's a spin cast.   ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2012, 08:09:33 PM »

You are right about that. I've been accused for years of being paid to stand up for fish farming. It doesn't occur to some people others actually believe in the industry and a lot of them have no connection to the industry whatsoever. I'm sure AF would be surprised to know the average person on the street has no clue who Alexandra Morton even is nor do they care. :) :) :)
And that is the trouble as too may people donot care about the environment and attempt to save it. We can look at the past and see there is too many example of that. I think you are intelligent enough to see what they are.

Without people like Alex and there is more than just her that are trying to stop the slide down the slippery slope that is fast approaching.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2012, 08:34:47 PM »

What’s up with you alwaysfishin and troutbreath?  Why does SS have to be seen fishing?  Hell, he works with fish every day … from experience sometimes a day without fish is a very good day. 
The man you are speaking of has more qualifications to speak to this subject than most anyone here.   How about trying to learn something about this issue rather than question his angling skills ??? 

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2012, 08:59:54 PM »

" How about trying to learn something about this issue rather than question his angling skills " 

It may come as a surprise, but I'm not convinced that from what I've read and seen over the years this industry is nothing but about making money at the expense of the wild stocks. Makes me really dubious about commercial fish farming. It's not like I don't know the history of the problems in Europe. Then the more recent wipe out in South America.

You might call that past history, old news etc. I call it documented fact. It's a cheap technology based on ocean based pens that have caused the situation. I don't need apologist scientist lackey's trying to convince me otherwise. Too old for that Dave.

I don't hear anything else other than we want to do fish farming as cheap as the other inconsiderate businesses. That count on overall public apethy. Gives good business a bad name. Again I see nothing wrong with fish farming per se.

You just post a pic of good old SS with a fishing rod......with or without the birds nest.. :)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2012, 11:03:42 PM »

Not to worry Dave these comments were bound to happen at some point.

If it was a level line I was trying to cast I would have to agree with you, TB.  I primarily fly fish (since I was 13).  I am not an expert by any means, but I never took up flyfishing in the first place to compete with other anglers on casting ability and polish my ego.  I will leave that up to old timers like you.  Zing.   ;D

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2012, 11:09:00 PM »

I just might take you up on that.  In exchange I will lend you a biology text book.

dnibbles

« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2012, 07:20:45 AM »

I just might take you up on that.  In exchange I will lend you a biology text book.

Give him Zar. A nice light read lol.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2012, 08:14:09 AM »

I just might take you up on that.  In exchange I will lend you a biology text book.

I would know what to do with the biology text book.....   are you going to know what to do with a spin cast?  Maybe I can include a lesson.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[