Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito  (Read 54061 times)

AnnieP

Re: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2012, 10:13:05 AM »

Just so you understand the numbers from your link.......  Where did Alexandra Morton's NonProfit get $822,210 (2000-2010)?    .....  That works out to $82,210 per year over that 10 year period which I think we can agree is not a lot to run boats, research and to support herself....

As far as your parasite reference, I'd like to suggest the feedlots are parasites on our oceans, taking from them, putting nothing back other than pollution and diseases, while filling the pockets of Norwegian shareholders with profits....  

That my friend is a parasite!   ........not a lady who could likely have won herself an NDP seat with a salary plus benefits in excess of $100,000 a year, or at the very least could have a cushy government job working as a biologist knowing that after she put in her 30 years she would have a very nice pension.

Actually AF I don't believe American citizens are eligible to run for office in Canada. As for NDP  you can have em As for my link like I said that is only the revenue from one so called "charity"

How much money does she collect on Salmon are Sacred, her Type-pad blog and the website for charitable donations ? Amongst others. By the way to be eligible for employment by the government as a biologist I think she'd actually have to prove she has a degree.  As for shareholders gee whose pocket did you put money in last time you shopped at Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, Wendys. McDonalds. Burger King, etc. ? American shareholders wasn't it ?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 10:32:17 AM by AnnieP »

AnnieP

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2012, 10:56:59 AM »

Just so you understand the numbers from your link.......  Where did Alexandra Morton's NonProfit get $822,210 (2000-2010)?    .....  That works out to $82,210 per year over that 10 year period which I think we can agree is not a lot to run boats, research and to support herself....

As far as your parasite reference, I'd like to suggest the feedlots are parasites on our oceans, taking from them, putting nothing back other than pollution and diseases, while filling the pockets of Norwegian shareholders with profits....  

That my friend is a parasite!   ........not a lady who could likely have won herself an NDP seat with a salary plus benefits in excess of $100,000 a year, or at the very least could have a cushy government job working as a biologist knowing that after she put in her 30 years she would have a very nice pension.
[/quote

http://activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/o/225-tides-foundation--tides-center

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »

Actually AF I don't believe American citizens are eligible to run for office in Canada. As for NDP  you can have em As for my link like I said that is only the revenue from one so called "charity"

How much money does she collect on Salmon are Sacred, her Type-pad blog and the website for charitable donations ? Amongst others. By the way to be eligible for employment by the government as a biologist I think she'd actually have to prove she has a degree.  As for shareholders gee whose pocket did you put money in last time you shopped at Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, Wendys. McDonalds. Burger King, etc. ? American shareholders wasn't it ?

I guess you need to do a little more research before posting some of the stuff you do Annie. Morton has dual citizenship, US and Canadian and as such could run for office in Canada.

As far as her income, she has only one Charity....  A blog is not a charity, nor is a website a charity.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

AnnieP

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »

I guess you need to do a little more research before posting some of the stuff you do Annie. Morton has dual citizenship, US and Canadian and as such could run for office in Canada.

As far as her income, she has only one Charity....  A blog is not a charity, nor is a website a charity.

I am well aware that Morton has duel citizenship. She has had since 1997. You are obviously not aware that when a US citizen runs for office in Canada the US usually pulls their US citizenship. Somehow I doubt she would want that since she retained it in the first place. When I ask her why  her response by email to me  was that she wanted to be able to go home if she should get cancer or some other disease requiring treatment. Seems your not as knowledgeable as you think AF. As far as Canadians voting for an American I doubt she would get in. As for the rest of your comment I didn't say her blog, FB etc. were charities. However she does ask for donations on every one of them. Perhaps it is you who needs to do more research. As far as charities go it appears Morton herself personally is quite a "charity".
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:28:00 AM by AnnieP »

AnnieP

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2012, 05:52:39 PM »

How are corporations like mosquitoes? In every way imaginable......  that's why we have all the environmental regulations and organizations in place to ensure they don't suck the environment dry and deposit their viruses.

Gee Af thought you didn't believe that there were regulations in place for aquaculture yet you make this quote ?? ??? ??? ???

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2012, 09:20:15 PM »

That my friend is a parasite!   ........not a lady who could likely have won herself an NDP seat with a salary plus benefits in excess of $100,000 a year, or at the very least could have a cushy government job working as a biologist knowing that after she put in her 30 years she would have a very nice pension.

Considering the work she has done so far I don't see how she would get a biologist job anywhere else (private or government).  She best stay put and continue being an activist.  She does better work in front of a camera.  Her peers who actually have experience in fisheries biology, who put in the long, hard hours to gather data and produce defensible results deserve those positions.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2012, 05:29:28 AM »

Shuswap Steve sidesteps question.... (with his bunkie, aquapaloosa)  Do you folks make any or all of your income from farming fish? Simple question from the curious.???
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:32:19 AM by Novabonker »
http://

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2012, 08:38:45 AM »

I believe I am the only farmer here.  Not sidestepping... it has been mentioned here in FWR many times in the past and everyone here is aware of it except you NB.  Sorry for the delay in keeping you up to date in the discussion.  Unfortunately it is repeat information and has been discussed multiple times. 

NB,  What job do you have that deals with salmon?
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

AnnieP

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2012, 08:41:58 AM »

Shuswap Steve sidesteps question.... (with his bunkie, aquapaloosa)  Do you folks make any or all of your income from farming fish? Simple question from the curious.???

There are lots of people who have no problem with fish farms. You don't have to be an employee to be a supporter. I might ask do Morton or any of her supporters get money from US foundations who work on behalf of Alaska commercial salmon fishermen who think fish farms are taking their market. Farmed and Dangerous was their first campaign and first major failure.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2012, 09:18:06 AM »

yawn

The manipulator offers you a number of choices, but the choices all lead to the same conclusion.

The same idea or phrase is frequently repeated to make sure it sticks in your brain.

Intense intelligence-dampening is performed by providing you with constant short snippets of information on various subjects. This trains you to have a short memory, makes the amount of information feel overwhelming, and the answers provided by the manipulator to be highly desired due to how overwhelmed you feel.

Emotional manipulation is used to put you in a heightened state, as this makes it harder for you to employ logic. Inducing fear and anger are among the most popular manipulated emotions.

on that las note:
#their first campaign and first major failure
#everyone here is aware of it except you NB
#That my friend is a parasite!

etc.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2012, 09:33:05 AM »

I believe I am the only farmer here.  Not sidestepping... it has been mentioned here in FWR many times in the past and everyone here is aware of it except you NB.  Sorry for the delay in keeping you up to date in the discussion.  Unfortunately it is repeat information and has been discussed multiple times.  

NB,  What job do you have that deals with salmon?

Sorry Swami, I lost any hope of ever getting into the fishing business as I'm from the east coast. Hopefully, you will forgive my ignorance about your employment as I don't have time to read every post and you haven't forwarded a resume to me. A thousand pardons, kind Sir.
BUT
My grandfather used to run a quite successful processing plant (now shuttered) , I've witnessed the destruction of prime lobstering areas due to poor siting in Nova Scotia, and learned from the stupidity exercised by those in authority that the gubmint doesn't have the overall industries best practices and interests at heart, nor do industries with a very checkered past tend to man up and promote truth over fiction. Instead, they just donate a gazilion dollars to curry favour from the reining monarchs. I don't want to see the same thing happen here in my adopted home.
Does that clear up those muddied waters for you, oh Great Kahuna? ;)

PS - The question wasn't if they WORKED in the industry, it was whether the derived any or all of their income from "farming".
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:38:59 AM by Novabonker »
http://

AnnieP

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2012, 09:50:58 AM »

yawn

The manipulator offers you a number of choices, but the choices all lead to the same conclusion.

The same idea or phrase is frequently repeated to make sure it sticks in your brain.

Intense intelligence-dampening is performed by providing you with constant short snippets of information on various subjects. This trains you to have a short memory, makes the amount of information feel overwhelming, and the answers provided by the manipulator to be highly desired due to how overwhelmed you feel.

Emotional manipulation is used to put you in a heightened state, as this makes it harder for you to employ logic. Inducing fear and anger are among the most popular manipulated emotions.

on that las note:
#their first campaign and first major failure
#everyone here is aware of it except you NB
#That my friend is a parasite!

etc.

Seems to me you just described Alexandra Morton perfectly.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »

Seems to me you just described Alexandra Morton perfectly.

And AF
Take the T out of Morton.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2012, 08:12:19 PM »

pshah

you guys don't even get I'm talking about bibsters with dirty fish smelling breath

kinda like having a handle;

dirtyfishbreath

makes troutbreath look easier to type and understand :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »

Considering you have contributed little if any information to these discussions I am surprised that you are interested in knowing what other people are thinking or what they do for a living.  Perhaps if you took these issues seriously, stopped the grandstanding, and quit trying to be such a comedian (actually a pretty bad comedian) people like me might take you seriously.  Your ignorance of Kintama and your boneheaded response pretty much sunk my opinion of you.  At the moment you are more like the background noise that I experience from the sonar I operate....however, with I little fine tuning it becomes quite irrelevant after awhile. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14