Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito  (Read 54033 times)

absolon

• Old Timer
Re: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 09:04:38 PM »

Yeah and now the feds are in charge of fish farms too. " Mr. Fox, you're now in charge of hen-house security". :o :o

You might ask Ms. Morton how that came to be.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 09:07:45 PM »

Doesn't take much to get you on a tantrum......  however I was referring to the similarity between you calling Harper my "Pal" and me calling the feedlot corporations your "buddies".

In spite of the fact you agree with dropping those feedlot cages in our oceans and risking the survival of the wild salmon, I in no way believe you had any influence on that happening nor do I hold you personally responsible. I prefer sticking to the discussion as opposed to getting personal. While we disagree on stuff and I am passionate about saving the wild salmon while you are passionate about growing fish in the same water, I see no advantage in calling each other down....

Doing a little rebranding? Forgive me but I'll reserve judgment on the new, improved alwaysfishn.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »

Doing a little rebranding? Forgive me but I'll reserve judgment on the new, improved alwaysfishn.

As you may have already noted.....  I'm not concerned about your judgement, or your opinion.   ::)

Thanks anyway.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

AnnieP

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 04:52:40 PM »

Yeah and now the feds are in charge of fish farms too. " Mr. Fox, you're now in charge of hen-house security". :o :o

You can thank your buddy Morton for that. She is the one who took the government to court to force the DFO to manage aquaculture. Frankly what they need to manage is her being allowed to sample fish. Her sampling techniques are questionable to say the least and I have to agree some of her interviews leave one with the impression she's not quite all there . I find it amusing that someone who regularly changes her hat from whale researcher to high school drop out to bachelor of science to biologist to sea lice researcher to fish farm disease researcher and lord knows what else actually has the poo to slag scientists and researchers with far better credentials than her own. Her insinuation that she finds disease everywhere speaks more to her efforts to read results as she wants to rather than as what they actually showed. And now I'm waiting for one of your funny little jokes because I DO have a sense of humour. ;)

AnnieP

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »

Is it just me or is she starting to sound like her mother?
loved the music though ;)

She not only sounds like her she looks like her too. Same monotone voice. Scary

AnnieP

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 05:11:39 PM »

Not at all, am working on a possible fund raiser for Alex in the Valley in the Fall, hope you can all attend. ;D ;D ;D

Wouldn't your fundraising effort be more beneficial if you did it for stream restoration and habitat restoration ? Just sayin.........cause the streams and rivers people have done work on are showing great results. Seems more beneficial to wild salmon  than the " I bought a disease/virus at the grocery store "  scenario via Morton. Gee more tests done on dead rotting salmon and more claims she finds disease everywhere she looks and again NO confirmation from the very labs she credits with doing her testing. Boring

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 06:45:32 PM »

Wouldn't your fundraising effort be more beneficial if you did it for stream restoration and habitat restoration ? Just sayin.........cause the streams and rivers people have done work on are showing great results. Seems more beneficial to wild salmon  than the " I bought a disease/virus at the grocery store "  scenario via Morton. Gee more tests done on dead rotting salmon and more claims she finds disease everywhere she looks and again NO confirmation from the very labs she credits with doing her testing. Boring

If you did half of what Chris did for REAL salmon, that comment would have a little weight. Unfortunately, it smacks of utter ignorance.
http://

AnnieP

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 10:48:19 AM »

If you did half of what Chris did for REAL salmon, that comment would have a little weight. Unfortunately, it smacks of utter ignorance.

Sorry don't know the man personally. I just think Morton rakes in enough money through the US foundations and her websites. She asks for donations on every website but refuses to disclose what US tax returns do and what the actual US foundations show on their websites. She gets plenty of money.

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 10:57:30 AM »

Ya. She gets Plenty of money. I do not buy that poor little helpless hippy lady thing one bit!
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 11:12:01 AM »

Sorry don't know the man personally. I just think Morton rakes in enough money through the US foundations and her websites. She asks for donations on every website but refuses to disclose what US tax returns do and what the actual US foundations show on their websites. She gets plenty of money.

For someone that gets lots of money she certainly lives a minimalistic lifestyle.

There was a discussion here a while ago that disclosed what her foundation pays her and I believe it was about $50,000 a year. As far as suggesting that  she is hiding income, that is pretty ridiculous and considering the government doesn't exactly appreciate her campaign, I would guess that the CRA watches her pretty closely.

The fact is this lady is a hero who has sacrificed a lot in order to help ensure the survival of the wild salmon. On the other hand it's easy to understand how people that are standing up for mega corporations would believe that everybody does what they do for money.

There are exceptions, Morton being one of them.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 11:28:14 AM »

Actually not Hero should read Zero... ;D ;D ;D
Take the T out of Morton.

AnnieP

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 11:50:05 AM »

For someone that gets lots of money she certainly lives a minimalistic lifestyle.

There was a discussion here a while ago that disclosed what her foundation pays her and I believe it was about $50,000 a year. As far as suggesting that  she is hiding income, that is pretty ridiculous and considering the government doesn't exactly appreciate her campaign, I would guess that the CRA watches her pretty closely.

The fact is this lady is a hero who has sacrificed a lot in order to help ensure the survival of the wild salmon. On the other hand it's easy to understand how people that are standing up for mega corporations would believe that everybody does what they do for money.

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how she pays for all the websites, testing , her personal support, the rather expensive aluminum boat she runs around in, actually she uses a couple of boats, her sons college tuition to become she claims a NASA rocket scientist , satellite internet to Echo Bay, gas, travel expenses etc. etc  on $50,000.00 a year. Oh yeah as she states in an personal email to me she sells her art work ?? Never seen it in any gallery and her books ?? hardly best sellers.  She is however the daughter of an heiress to the Marx Toy Company. She comes from a wealthy family and I doubt she is living that frugally out of sight of the public.

AnnieP

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 11:53:01 AM »

There was a discussion here a while ago that disclosed what her foundation pays her and I believe it was about $50,000 a year. As far as suggesting that  she is hiding income, that is pretty ridiculous and considering the government doesn't exactly appreciate her campaign, I would guess that the CRA watches her pretty closely.

http://www.fishtruth.net/Connections.htm A list of US so called charitable foundations. You will find Tides here as well and if you search each foundation you will find lists of their grantees. Morton's foundation, David Suzuki, UBC and SFU amongst others. Enjoy

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 11:57:24 AM »

Thanx Annie should keep em busy for awhile... ;D ;D
Take the T out of Morton.

AnnieP

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 12:16:33 PM »

Thanx Annie should keep em busy for awhile... ;D ;D

One can hope huh ? ;) ;)  Most of em cannot be bothered to read anything worth reading unfortunately. ::)