Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So is it just me? or does anyone else see the "cabin" by the river @teskey area?  (Read 13925 times)

hue-nut

• Old Timer

torch the m effing cabin! There are plenty of options out there for people in need. I know for a fact I don't want to be stumbling into a deranged eccentric's camp in the predawn hours.

norton

well that area where you saw the cabin is indian reserve. its the soowhalie reserve. it starts at sleepy hollow at cultus lake and heads north right across the vedder river to where the sniperz paint ball place is and that place bellow there  where those carvings are beside the chilliwack lake rd. could be natives there to. nothing you can do about it.

Sandy

• Old Timer

More than likely the reason they would torch some shelters is for sanitation reasons. If the place was overrun with lice and fleas for instance, why would you want to take it apart and expose yourself to that.

nope it is or was policy, I was hired often by MOF to clean up squatters, abandoned miners and tree planting camps. you would be surprised on just how many there were.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

norton

maybe you fishermen dont realize , but the soowhalie reserve starts at teskey rock and goes all the way up to the doctors run at the mountain, so i wouldnt be knockin down any cabin, or you might get a tomahawk in the back. lol.

James

well that area where you saw the cabin is indian reserve. its the soowhalie reserve. it starts at sleepy hollow at cultus lake and heads north right across the vedder river to where the sniperz paint ball place is and that place bellow there  where those carvings are beside the chilliwack lake rd. could be natives there to. nothing you can do about it.

"fisherman "  will not be the ones torching anything . so keep your tomahawks sheathed ;)

is there a map that we could look at to determine where the soowhalie reserve is ?

I am aware that the reserve is at sleepy hollow rd . But the shanty in question is on the opposite side of the river from sleepy hollow rd . well within the "no  camping" boundry posted along the river .

Athezone

• Old Timer

maybe you fishermen dont realize , but the soowhalie reserve starts at teskey rock and goes all the way up to the doctors run at the mountain, so i wouldnt be knockin down any cabin, or you might get a tomahawk in the back. lol.

Now that made me laugh. Tomahawk in the back, to funny !!!

Sandy

• Old Timer

"fisherman "  will not be the ones torching anything . so keep your tomahawks sheathed ;)

is there a map that we could look at to determine where the soowhalie reserve is ?

I am aware that the reserve is at sleepy hollow rd . But the shanty in question is on the opposite side of the river from sleepy hollow rd . well within the "no  camping" boundry posted along the river .

nts 092h4 1:50,000 topo map show it as bounding on the north from behind the wreckers yard at cultis lk rd towards the paintball outfit and ends approx the 600 meters north of the river road and at the trailer park.  
approx utm 575000m E & 5438300m N then east to 577400m E & 5438300m N or as near as I can make it with out my scales. for gps (gz 10)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:04:50 PM by Sandy »

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

cutthroat22

• Old Timer

James

soooo.... it is native land then ...  ???

I guess it won't be torched after all . That can't be very sanitary ... is he just dumping in the river ?

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

torch the m effing cabin! There are plenty of options out there for people in need. I know for a fact I don't want to be stumbling into a deranged eccentric's camp in the predawn hours.
Who says the guy is deranged.Maybe your the one with the problem,stumbling around in the pre dawn hours. ;D

norton

yes its like i said, the eastern boundary is at the foot of the mountain goes across the river to the north , bordering the trailer park to the foot of the mountain , then west including the sniperz paint ball, and then the place that has the carvings beside chwk lake rd .  then south across the river , bordering  the new subdivision on areil and chittenden rd., where the auto wreckers is. i worked on the dyke on the soowahlie reserve after the river flooded , and was there when the surveyors were trying to find bounderies, so they could build the dyke in the right spot. 

nickredway

• Old Timer

Wow this thread made three pages, impressive. I guess fisherman never piss, cupcakes on or litter the Vedder.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

soooo.... it is native land then ...  ???

I guess it won't be torched after all . That can't be very sanitary ... is he just dumping in the river ?
If its his land,then he has every right to be living there.Its the fisherman who are trespassing on private property, leaving thier garbage strewn about.

Sandy

• Old Timer

I guess many of us have fished their without a problem and should be thankful for doing so. I certainly did not realise the reserve boundary came over that far. . Same situation applied up at the Squamish in the early eighties until it was spoiled by people disrespecting the good will that was being afforded us.

James

Well then . if he is  allowed to camp then let him . Now we know . I posted this thread because I thought it was something people should be aware of . Safety concern really . But i guess there is none .