Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Cabelas store coming close to Vancouver in 2012  (Read 23681 times)

pinkwool

New Cabelas store coming close to Vancouver in 2012
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:58:11 PM »

This will be the closest one to our area - in Tulalip on Hwy 5. http://blog.thenewstribune.com/adventure/2011/06/06/cabelas-plans-to-build-store-in-tulalip/.

kingpin

• Old Timer
Re: New Cabelas store coming close to Vancouver in 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »

honestly, after going to cabelas recently, i get a better deal on everything at my local shop.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 07:52:05 PM »

that article also says they have one opening in Edmonton, Alberta  :o guess Bass Pro needs competition
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 07:54:54 PM »

How far is Tulalip from Seattle ?

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 08:42:44 PM »

How far is Tulalip from Seattle ?

It's about a 40 minute drive North of Seattle.

noobfisher

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 09:14:49 PM »

Haven't been to a Cabela's store yet.  I've been looking at their online website, prices seem to be on par with everyone else .... no real incentive for me ... I like the local tackle stores around here.

Dogbreath

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »

Over the years I've found Cabela's to be very good for outdoor clothing-they carry quality brands and their own lines are well designed and tested.

Far from the cheapest to deal with though.

YMMV

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 09:39:36 AM »

I don't think Cabela's really offers anything at a discount. That is not how they attract business. Rather, they supply basically anything and everything you could need for hunting, fishing, and camping. I bought a Cabela's brand tent recently, and love it. I have a few of their shirts, and they are great for camp clothes. I'll be visiting that store at some point I'm sure.

shi man oh man

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 10:17:25 AM »

the big box outdoor stores always seem to have almost everything but dont carry small important things. ie  float stops, drennans, good split shot.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 01:34:49 PM »

Having visited the Lacey store a couple of times, I could not find any of the terminal gear that I normally would use.  I did find a decent cheap 3 piece 10' IM6 Drift rod that I carry with me as a backup rod on the river.  Also, they have a good selection of clothing and beef jerky.  Its a great place just to browse, lots of things to see and the kids are kept occupied.

If you do order anything on-line through them, you can get it delivered free to their closest store which will be a lot closer to us now.

therise

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 05:16:52 PM »

The world is slowly becoming one big walmart. I will support my local tackle shop (Dave at Highwater on Lonsdale). It is sad to say, but some of my other favorites over the years have been forced to close due to big box stores and online stores. Although, I have been guilty of picking up a few sale items at Army Navy.

Dogbreath

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 07:30:25 PM »

For bargains always check the Bargain Cave all kinds of stuff on offer most of it dirt cheap but limited sizes/availability.

kindalonismo

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 05:38:51 AM »

The local shops are always a great resourse too, so I like to give them my business as much as possible.  But last month I got a gortex jacket from Cabela's for $150, sometimes there are deals you just can't pass up.

Oilcruzer

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 07:13:59 AM »

Stopped in the one in Edmonton on weekend while visiting.

Impressive store.  Selection great, prices all over the map.  Simms waders I saw here for 60% of what they are asking in Cabelas.  Got a great rod for springs tho. And a PFD fishing vest. 

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 09:41:15 AM »

When it comes to buying gear, it pays to shop around.  While there are great deals to be had down south, sometimes stores up here can be cheaper.  This weekend I was able to pick up a Calcutta 200B at Wholesale Sports in Langley for 161 bucks before taxes.  The lowest price I could find down south was Daves at Lynden and they were charging 179.99 before taxes.