Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Cabelas store coming close to Vancouver in 2012  (Read 23683 times)

Preliator

Re: New Cabelas store coming close to Vancouver in 2012
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 08:46:13 PM »

I agree that the prices aren't what everybody thinks. Stopped at one in Montana on my way to Ontario this summer, it was ok. When I lived in Ontario when I was younger I went to Bass Pro Shop a few times, essentially the same thing. Has anyone ever ordered online from Cabelas, what was the experience like?

bigblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 09:10:42 PM »

Among local stores, Army and Navy downtown Vancouver got really competitive prices on many items and considering the long drive down to Tulalip and back, I am not quite sure there would be much merit shopping at Cabelas when they open. I guess when the family is going to Premium Outlet, dad could stop by Cabelas after dropping off wife and kids at the outlet and maybe do some eye shopping? ;)

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 09:27:31 PM »

I agree that the prices aren't what everybody thinks. Stopped at one in Montana on my way to Ontario this summer, it was ok. When I lived in Ontario when I was younger I went to Bass Pro Shop a few times, essentially the same thing. Has anyone ever ordered online from Cabelas, what was the experience like?

--have ordered from canadian cabelas quick service no problems and the item was same price in can dollars here as USA dollars so a savings for sure plus short turn around time due to no customs.
--not all items are like this and canadian site has much less available than the full USA store.
--there is no sports shop in Penticton . just Can Tire and Walmart for fishing gear.

Dogbreath

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 10:40:58 PM »

Has anyone ever ordered online from Cabelas, what was the experience like?
Expensive but worth it.

That's for clothing though haven't bought fishing tackle from them for years now though too much choice on other sites.

Won't go near the Canadian site last time I did my heart almost stopped from the prices.

kindalonismo

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 10:45:54 PM »

Has anyone ever ordered online from Cabelas, what was the experience like?

Last year I ordered a gortex jacket online..it was a really good buy and they sold them in tall sizes.  The shipping and duty were a bit steep, but still ended up being a good deal.

I stay local for all of my fishing gear

Oilcruzer

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 07:29:39 AM »

Yep, local is the way to go, if there's little difference.  Saving $25 on a reel isn't a good reason not to support your local fishing shop... ...the same one you ask for free advice from. 

if shopping different selection, they are a decent option.

speycaster

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 09:05:56 AM »

Bought two sets of roller sides for my boat trailer from cabelas in post falls idaho,boxes all taped and stapled together so did not open them, get them home to Grand Forks BC and find that half of the plates  needed to fasten the to the trailer beams are missing. The S.OB.s want me to ship them back to post falls at my expense or drive them back, they will not ship the missing parts to me, instead want to exchange the complete units, No way am I going to pay to ship a total of eighty pounds of rubber and steel back to them or drive at my expense almost 600 kilometers return trip, so I get my neighbour to manufacture the missing plates and I paint them. Needless to say I will not be spending any more money at cabelas. If they do not check what is in the packages before bringing them from the back to give to the purchaser they do not deserve my patronage, but then just maybe I will go back just to buy something with a lot of packaging and strip the product and leave all the garbage at the tellers. ;D

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 11:40:50 AM »

I have bought from Cabelas US, I have a family friend that lives down south so shipping is free and i wait for my stuff when they come visit. I have bought waders(2 sets of their own brand), boots(Simms guide), fly vest and some tackle and havent had any issues. infact their waders are very good and have outlasted EVERY pair of other brand waders i have owned before (Simms and Bares)

Canadian Cabelas site is crap and doesnt even have 50% of what the US store does. I get the US catalogs mailed right to my doorstep also free of charge
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Dogbreath

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 04:23:05 PM »

I had a large Bazooka rod tube shipped to me here in Vancouver-found out it was missing some parts-gave them a call and they sent me a new one told me not to bother shipping the defective one back just to keep it.

Also-there is no Duty on goods from the USA-just a charge from the customs broker.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:24:39 PM by Dogbreath »

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 08:10:21 PM »

Beautiful store in Edmonton! The taxidermy on display is incredible! Tons of knowlegible sales staff! Great prices on the Cabella brand merchandise!No sales tax! Going to be buying alot of stuff there!

Oilcruzer

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 10:49:34 PM »

Beautiful store in Edmonton! The taxidermy on display is incredible! Tons of knowlegible sales staff! Great prices on the Cabella brand merchandise!No sales tax! Going to be buying alot of stuff there!
Indeed.  The animals are worth the trip.  Take the kids.  I spent 5 m on the polar bears.  Huge paws n claws...

salmonlover

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 11:16:11 PM »

I have bought from Cabelas US, I have a family friend that lives down south so shipping is free and i wait for my stuff when they come visit. I have bought waders(2 sets of their own brand), boots(Simms guide), fly vest and some tackle and havent had any issues. infact their waders are very good and have outlasted EVERY pair of other brand waders i have owned before (Simms and Bares)

Canadian Cabelas site is crap and doesnt even have 50% of what the US store does. I get the US catalogs mailed right to my doorstep also free of charge

good thing we're best friends ;D

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »

salmonlover - IF we are then enlighten me because i cant recall who you are at the moment  ???
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

salmonlover

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 02:38:14 PM »

salmonlover - IF we are then enlighten me because i cant recall who you are at the moment  ???

i dont know you. I was just making a joke in reference to you having a sweet deal with cabelas. now that's out of the way... can we be best friends now?

Preliator

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 06:28:07 PM »

I try to keep things local, but sometimes there are deals you can't pass up, or items you can't find elsewhere. I have been eyeing a back/chest pack on the site for a while but wasn't sure what it would be like to order online. I'm awaiting my freshly renewed passport, I think I'll try and get it shipped through packageexpress.com based out of Sumas.