Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat  (Read 133890 times)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
Re: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2011, 08:14:34 AM »

I've never seen a complete and udder denial about the situation like this before. 

Canucks flat out lost those three games by themselves.  Going on about the refs like this is ridiculous...you go on about how the calls are two to one or whatever, but completely overlook or decide to overlook the fact most of these penalties are stupid friggin penalites!  You talk about the refs being accountable, but nothing about Kesler's dismal contribution.  

Wow are you serious?..haven't you been watching the news and sports network? You make it sound like the Canucks have been getting a free pass...no one's let them off the hook, especially Luongo and Kesler for their lack of production. You talk denial, but fail to see the over all picture or just turn a blind eye because it works to your favour... let's see if the tables were turned, how gracious you'd be.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2011, 09:02:05 AM »

Bickell delivered an explosive elbow to Bieksa's head (the Canuck's top minute D man) KNOWING THAT HE WAS ABOUT TO LEAVE FOR THE SEASON.

IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2011, 10:40:19 AM »

thank you wizard, sandman you sound like a kid whose brother got a bigger piece of cake, mom his piece is bigger, give it a rest already, the only way the two teams are playing the same game is the fact that they are playing hockey,other than that they are playing their own versions of it, they are playing different styles, i know full well that crapnuck fans make a career out of crying  and whining about the refs and trying to blame something other than the crapnucks just plain sucking, but you guys take the cake, what a joke, damien ur accusing Bickell of deliberately  attempting to injure bieksa?, thats a pretty serious allegation sir, and uncalled for, the fact of the matter is bickell would still be playing if he did not completely tear his tendons in the last game, sure he was playing injured,but, he was still able to play, he did not know at the time of the hit that he would be having surgery the following day and that his season would be over, so shut it down buddy...torres is the idiot out there that is skating around and not even playing hockey and trying to injure ppl, he is a disgrace and everyone in the crapnucks organization rite down to the hotdog vendors and every fan should feel embarrased and ashamed of his actions.......holmes*

sandman the HAWKS were not doing the same stupid moves or the refs would have called penalties on them, rite?, lmfao
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:42:15 AM by holmes »

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2011, 10:53:56 AM »

Disagree, it was a clear elbow that resulted in the whiplash like action of the head and neck, before any contact with the body.  Clear as day.  THE HEAD SNAPPED BACK AS IT WAS THE PRINCIPLE POINT OF CONDUCT, ITS PHYSICS.  It was a deliberate, trying to 'go out in style' diryt diry play by Bickell.  Plain and simple.

Anyhoo, that is in the past.

Just win, I want to be able to barbeque in the sunlight and still have a team to cheer for in the spring time

Pump up Video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqs57NueOak&feature=player_embedded

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2011, 11:58:22 AM »

I have already given the Hawks credit for not giving up.  They have capitalized on Canucks' mistakes and the one sided officiating, and yes, Luongo let in far too many goals in Games 4 and 5 (how many of those were power play goals?).  Yes, the Hawks ARE making the same stupid moves (a high stick after an offside, a shot to the head, clear slashing, tripping in the offensive zone) but the difference is they are NOT being called.

And hey, I totally understand why you are upset that the one sided reffing is being pointed out as it is clearly taints the Hawks win in Game 6, they had the game handed to them as though they could not do it on their own merit. True, the Canucks played poorly in Games 4 and 5.  It is not surprising that after all the flack they got for the Torres hit on Seabrook (talk about whining) that we see them totally back off the aggressive play that saw them defend the neutral zone better in the first three games. However, the Hawks were out played in Game 6 and had the Canucks been given a fair shake by the refs, (they only had 2 power plays to the Hawks 4 despite an abundance of opportunities the refs had to even up the calls)  they might have ended it.    They should have had a power play in the OT period after the hit on Bieksa, but instead the Hawks get a goal and force Game 7.  If the Hawks are so good, why do they need so much help (27 powerplays vs 16 for the Canucks)?
Not all those who wander are lost

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2011, 04:35:57 PM »

funny how holmes labelled Torres as a dirty player, yet has the audacity to defend Bickell for the same infraction...holmes tells us the canuck fans are whiners, yet he never acknowledge the hawk's sobbing spectacle on tv and accused them of whining.

i don't blame holmes for sticking up for his team and i wouldn't expect anything less...but at least acknowledge the fact that there were MORE missed calls against the hawks than there was for the canucks...almost to the point that the officials had eagle eyes when it came to spotting vancouver infractions.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2011, 04:41:03 PM »

End it tonight. End the madness. Endgame. Endler. Kevin Biendsa, Hendrik, Kendsler, just f***ing end it.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2011, 04:51:07 PM »

End it tonight. End the madness. Endgame. Endler. Kevin Biendsa, Hendrik, Kendsler, just f***ing end it.

:D ;D :D ;D

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2011, 06:20:36 PM »

If........ no sorry, when the Canucks lose this game tonight, Vancouver will burn, riots WILL happen, call out the Guard, and lock your doors.

BTW, Go Hawks Go !!! ;D

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2011, 10:17:56 PM »

i think i just about had a heart attack...crazy game...

Big Thumbs Up to Crawford...what a bright future ahead of him.

"Thanks to the Chicago Blackhawks for exposing Vancouver for the team they really are"....Scotty Oaks   -Hockey Night In Canada.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2011, 10:22:11 PM »

LATER HOLMES!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!! Canucks are on to Round 2 and the Hawks can go drown their sorrows at the Roxy tonight, maybe Kane will punch out a cabbie too LOL

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2011, 10:26:08 PM »

What a Game!  Crawford almost stole another one!!!  I cannot believe the short handed goal that forced over time. The only time the Canucks blunder and Hawks make them pay. Talk about not giving up!  But the past is behind us. Predators here we come.  

BTW I was late getting back to the overtime (reading my kids bedtime stories) so I did not see the call that gave Chicago the power play?  What was the call? Was it on a scoring chance? Talk about an evenly called game. Not necessarily perfect, but they obviously were putting their whistles away as best they could.  A lot of non calls and then the "hook" on a scoring chance that gave the Canucks a late power play to seal the deal, and look what Chicago does short handed.  Shows that the refs do not decide the games, players do, but good (fair) reffing makes for a far more exciting (and enjoyable) game.
Not all those who wander are lost

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2011, 10:29:56 PM »

If........ no sorry, when the Canucks lose this game tonight, Vancouver will burn, riots WILL happen, call out the Guard, and lock your doors.

BTW, Go Hawks Go !!! ;D

You got your wish. The Hawks are gone ! Take Holmes with you.  ;D

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2011, 09:44:12 AM »

funny how holmes labelled Torres as a dirty player, yet has the audacity to defend Bickell for the same infraction...holmes tells us the canuck fans are whiners, yet he never acknowledge the hawk's sobbing spectacle on tv and accused them of whining.

i don't blame holmes for sticking up for his team and i wouldn't expect anything less...but at least acknowledge the fact that there were MORE missed calls against the hawks than there was for the canucks...almost to the point that the officials had eagle eyes when it came to spotting vancouver infractions.

yep i can aknowledge that....holmes*

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2011, 09:49:06 AM »

LATER HOLMES!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!! Canucks are on to Round 2 and the Hawks can go drown their sorrows at the Roxy tonight, maybe Kane will punch out a cabbie too LOL

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

skool on sunday eh brian, NO CLASS, you still have to win 12 more sir...holmes*