Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat  (Read 132231 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat
« Reply #405 on: June 16, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »

Classy comments by Rhino, Holmes and Chris. See ya on the golf course ;D

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #406 on: June 16, 2011, 11:27:18 PM »

im always on the golf course, :)....holmes*

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #407 on: June 16, 2011, 11:43:05 PM »

well i personally would like to say congrats to a GREAT season folks, your team ruled the league this season and played great all season, it came down to 60 mins and ya just couldnt close the deal, guess thats why they play the playoffs and dont hand out the major piece of hardware based on reg season stats, ive had a ton of fun this year on this and many other forums bantering back and forth with the true fans and afterall you did knock out my HAWKS, its all in good fun and to be honest, after the first 2 games against boston i was sure i would be congratulating all you fine fans on this forum for a job well done, well i still am saying a job well done, i am already looking forward to next year and in no way associate anyone on this forum with actions of a few last nite, like many have said, lets go fishing...ps some may think i'd be all over rubbing it in, but i do have class and morals, let the grieving process continue and i will leave the heckling till the fall, did i want the canucks to win no, but i take no joy in your sadness of your team losing...holmes*

and blaydrnr as per your post on my joke in the lost and found, i have full respect, so if you would like to explain yourself then take it up with me, im not hard to find, stop hiding behind a key board, i do have respect and for you to imply i dont, well, you have no clue who i am and your post is pointless ....

ok, i admit i missed this post because i got home late and i saw the other posts first, so i'll retract my previous comments and i'll apologize, but just so you know, i don't need to hide behind a key board...never have...never will.

maybe next year you can convert to a Canucker along with Chris and Rhino.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 11:52:35 PM by blaydRnr »

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #408 on: June 17, 2011, 02:22:42 AM »

apology accepted and dont take me the wrong way, im a sarcastic azz all the time, well 90%, and no chance in me jumping on the nuck wagon ever, but i will be here to nerve rack and cheer on my HAWKS, to have to cheer for any other team makes me sick, cheers..... :P holmes*

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #409 on: June 17, 2011, 09:56:36 AM »

Injury Reports coming in, not that it matters;

Kesler- torn groin AND torn hip labrum
Edler- 2 broken fingers
Ehrhoff- torn up shoulder, will  need to surgery
Higgins- broken foot
Dan Hamhuis- surgery to repair groin and abdominal tears.
No word on Hank yet.

Lou - will need psychiatric treatment (unoffilical), and surgery to repair his torn five hole is scheduled
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:39:44 AM by Damien »

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #410 on: June 17, 2011, 10:24:28 AM »

Chris and Rhino will remain fans of CANADA"S REAL TEAM!
NEXT SEASON WILL BE GREAT!
 ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #411 on: June 17, 2011, 11:04:09 AM »

Chris and Rhino will remain fans of CANADA"S REAL TEAM!
NEXT SEASON WILL BE GREAT!
 ;D ;D

You mean "grate" don't you ? ;D

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2011, 12:49:05 PM »

Mike Gillis giving his post mortem.

"We brought in depth, Lapiere and Higgins to play on our 4th line.  They were forced to play big minutes"

"We know we have a great team, we will improve where we feel we need to, I don't buy in to making big changes"

When prodded MG rattled off a the list of injuries after saying  "we have no excuses, the best team on the ice won".

Hamhuis abdominal injury
Raymond broken back from a late hit
Bieksa bruised MCL from the two handed chop
edler 2 broken fingers from a slash
Kesler Hip problems
Samuelsson Abdominal surgery
Manny a warrior, operating less than 100%
Higgins, foot injury continued to get worse
Ehrhoff, shoulder since third round. No procedure but rehab.
Henrik - back injury hurting his mobility and leg strength from crosscheck in 2nd round.

"Love to have Sammi back. Premiere Dman in league. Work under salary cap and a guy I will have back for sure. Design play around his age and injury history and try to get the most of him"

AV: "We did play physical between whistle to whistle. Caught off guard with stuff after the whistle which is usually not allowed. PP failed for us in the Playoffs."

MG:  Last great dynasty teams like Islanders lost in the finals before they won. Believe in Lu. - MG

MG: Ballard was hurt coming into camp, not 100%, then injuries followed, concussion, got off to a slow start,  we went through 14 defensemen this year, he is a big part of this team.  Alberts had some of the same struggles two years ago, then came back and improved, we expect the same from Keith Ballard.  I don't question which players play, the coaches make the line-up calls, and I support them.

AV: keith is going to have a good summer, lot of upside, he will come in knowing what to expect and with the right ethic he will play the way we think he can play, he didnt get the ice time he expected because we felt that other guys gave us a better chance to win.  he will come back and prove his upside

AV: re Tanev and COHO, COHO's first pro year, saw major improvement in play and understanding, tremendous upside, he is just starting, we will ensure he becomes the best player he can be.  Tanev: Talent doesn't know age, he came to play, and he was played.

MG: Offseason conditioning will change a bit, knowing what they know now, and they learned a lot about what it will take

MG: We are making progress on headshots with the new regime (Shanny and company), the league is really trying to keep up with a changing game.  How can the refs see a headshot, when we have to watch replays 10 times in super slow motion to find if it is a headshot.  It makes the call on the ice almost impossible on many occasions.

MG: We have all of our picks next year and made it to the 7th game of the finals this year, we are in really good shape.

MG: We have all learned an awful lot, and will be able to use them as a tool.

AV: After watching teams battle for cups over the last few years, getting eliminated by Anaheim and Chicago, and watching the coaches behind the bench, I see them on TV and thought to myself, "wow that coach looks like cupcakes", then I looked at myself in the mirror a couple of days ago and though, wow I look like cupcakes".

MG: Lapiere, Higgins, Glass, Hansen, etc are "our players" and I would like to see if they will be back.  I was up at 8am yesterday morning taking calls from other GMs, we never stop working.

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2011, 12:52:50 PM »

nucks have 11 free agents, 8 unrestricted, theyd be stupid to get rid of the weiner in my opinion, even though he is unproven over the long haul in pressure situations, i think he's a starter, but id love to see him in chi-town :)....holmes*

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2011, 02:40:09 PM »

The key players are all locked up for next year and beyond, except for Bieksa and the Hoff.  I might include Hansen in that key group.

Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Burr, Kesler, Manny, Edler, Hamhuis etc.

Apparently 10 starters that played in game 7 would not have played if it was the regular season. 

The better team won, one way or another.  They were able to overcome a lot of injuries and played a better series.