Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat  (Read 133952 times)

NiceFish

• Old Timer
Re: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »

I don't have a problem with the officiating as long as it is even and consistent. Power play chances in this series should be even, but its 2:1 for the hawks. Unacceptable. I don't know what is going on in other series as I don't have as intense an interest on the details within them. YES calls will always be missed, you cannot really argue that. All Gillis is doing here is taking the attention off his team prior to the biggest game of the year. HELL what if it gives the Canucks a late power play in the game and the Canucks seal the deal on it.

As far as the hit goes, Torres could have been called for one of three things, interference, charging or elbowing. Take your pick, they all suit, hell give him 6 PIM's for that. Bickells was charging or elbowing with out a doubt. So answer me this, Holmes had Torres been called for the elbow or charging, does that change the dynamic of the hit on Bieksa?

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2011, 10:56:36 PM »

YA there were lots of non calls on BOTH SIDES, how about the non call for the slash on toews in OT, i could go on and on about the non calls that favoured the crapnucks but why, how long have you guys been watching hockey, THIS IS PLAYOFF HOCKEY, ITS PLAYED MORE ON THE EDGE, its always been that way, they have way weaker calls during the regular season, and tend to let them get away with more in the playoffs, they let them play more, its not only the format that changes, the style, the penalty calling and the intensity changes as well, there are tons of varibles that change compared to the regular season, thats the way its always been so u can quit yer biatchin and shut it about the reffing....holmes*

dude, i'm old enough to remember watching Guy Lafleur play for Montreal.

But obviously, you're the one who hasn't been watching hockey very long and not realizing how the game's changed and the politics of how it's managed. everyone in the business knows how betman is pushing the american market and doing everything in his power to keep the expansion alive below the 49th parallel.

you don't need anyone to debate the non calls on both sides... just google it and compare the numbers yourself... Raffi nails Seabrook, it becomes a media circus... Bickell nails Bieksa the same way, doesn't even get air time on espn?

You say it's PLAYOFF HOCKEY...i say it's politics.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:02:27 PM by blaydRnr »

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »

Anyways, all that should be said, has been said.

Just win.

Just EFFIN WIN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqs57NueOak&feature=player_embedded

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2011, 11:28:05 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXuJp2EiJYA&hd=1

But if you care to see a snap shot of the calls and non calls, take a look at this.  Particularly the game 6 highlights towards the end.  Absolutely terrible.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2011, 11:40:18 PM »

Not to mention the "great stickhandling" i.e. completely blatant holding the stick by Hossa on the game winning goal in OT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBIACc2eDE4&feature=player_embedded#at=14

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2011, 12:39:43 AM »

sorry dudes i disagree that the bickell hit was a penalty and i definately disagree it was elbowing, his elbow is at his side the whole time, i also disagree that the torres hit was a penalty, dont get caught with your head down, you guys do realize that there has been a different set of refs for every game rite?.....i remember watching guy play as well, and yer gonna tell me that the situation was different back then?, the refs always lay off the calls in the playoffs, and yer rite on one point, gillis only did that press conference to take the heat off the team and maybe raise a point to whoever is reffing the game tomorrow, thats pretty smart, but he has no leg to stand on because its been different refs for every game, just a bunnch of grandstanding, i do believe in what goes around comes around, and everything happens for a reason, they play 7 games, and i can obviously see that the ratio of penalties is not even, so that said i am a little concerned for sure, but im sure the HAWKS WILL prevail, theyre the CHAMPS afterall...holmes*

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2011, 12:45:21 AM »

Call it grandstanding or whatever but every coach does it.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2011, 01:19:05 AM »

sorry dudes i disagree that the bickell hit was a penalty and i definately disagree it was elbowing, his elbow is at his side the whole time, i also disagree that the torres hit was a penalty, dont get caught with your head down, you guys do realize that there has been a different set of refs for every game rite?.....i remember watching guy play as well, and yer gonna tell me that the situation was different back then?, the refs always lay off the calls in the playoffs, and yer rite on one point, gillis only did that press conference to take the heat off the team and maybe raise a point to whoever is reffing the game tomorrow, thats pretty smart, but he has no leg to stand on because its been different refs for every game, just a bunnch of grandstanding, i do believe in what goes around comes around, and everything happens for a reason, they play 7 games, and i can obviously see that the ratio of penalties is not even, so that said i am a little concerned for sure, but im sure the HAWKS WILL prevail, theyre the CHAMPS afterall...holmes*

actually, back then was different...one ref and no video replay...less emphasis on calling head shots...less concerns with clutching and grabbing...no issues with pick plays and interference...at least take the time to learn the history of the game and the progression of the rules. ::)

just for you buddy...a summary of the last game and the obvious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCvAcNvC1qo&feature=channel_video_title

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2011, 01:47:53 AM »

hey i agree the game was different but the concept of what im saying was the same, things have always been eased up in the playoffs...rules change very rapidly nowadays, just 5, 10, and 15 years ago the rules were different, yes FA i agree, its a good tactic, its gonna cost them some money in fines im sure, but it could be very effective, time will tell, it could backfire as well tho...holmes*

yes i saw that propaganda video on another forum,lol
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:53:20 AM by holmes »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2011, 01:56:52 AM »

....i remember watching guy play as well, and yer gonna tell me that the situation was different back then?, the refs always lay off the calls in the playoffs ...holmes*

if what you say is true then why did they make so many calls against the Canucks and put the whistles away for the Hawks? and don't say it was the same for both because now there are dozens of Youtube videos showing all the missed calls...undeniably lop sided.

if the refs want to put the whistles away fine, but do it for both teams and let them decide the outcome of the game.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2011, 02:02:36 AM »

propaganda? you mean like how Guenevere, Seabrook, Toews, and Keith went on air to cry about Torres and how the American media posted it all over the networks and Colin Campbell got involved? Yet Bickell was noted as returning the favour and it was business as usual. ??? that kind of propaganda?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:04:47 AM by blaydRnr »

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2011, 02:30:14 AM »

the same video could be made for the missed calls or non calls going the other way as well, im not getting why ppl think the calls should be 50/50 ??? ....holmes*

wizard

« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2011, 07:15:57 AM »

I've never seen a complete and udder denial about the situation like this before. 

Canucks flat out lost those three games by themselves.  Going on about the refs like this is ridiculous...you go on about how the calls are two to one or whatever, but completely overlook or decide to overlook the fact most of these penalties are stupid friggin penalites!  You talk about the refs being accountable, but nothing about Kesler's dismal contribution.  Daniel gets OWNED infront of his own net on the game winning goal, Luongo lets one of the worst situational rebounds/saves I've seen and boom the puck's in the back of the net.  Don't see how you can blame the refs on that one...

Pucks over the glass, how many roughing penalties has Canucks got?  You guys really need to get over this and focus on other points of the series and what Canucks have to do to right their ship and win game 7.  You can only put so much blame on the officials before you look at how the team is playing, and who and who's not contributing.   Maybe yuo should worry a little more about the goaltending situation leading into this game then how undisciplined one team is more then the other.

Gillis coming out and criticising the refs is nothing more then trying to offload pressure on his players (Luongo specifically) before game 7.   I don't blame him for that, it's actually a good gm move to try to deflect criticism from his team and off his players.  Luongo imo needs as little pressure/focus on him  as he can at this point.  Flat out he hasn't looked good  his last 3 games or so.  I don't think he has to be unbeleivable tonight, JUST good enough to win...we'll see if he and the rest of this team can deliver the goods or not...

Should be a great game 7, enjoy the game everyone.   

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2011, 07:34:19 AM »

Going on about the refs like this is ridiculous...you go on about how the calls are two to one or whatever, but completely overlook or decide to overlook the fact most of these penalties are stupid friggin penalites!...Maybe yuo should worry a little more about ... how undisciplined one team is more then the other. 

You make it sound like the Hawks were NOT doing the SAME stupid moves.  This is the point!  If the refs are going to call the Canucks on a "stupid penalty" when the Hawks are down 2-1 so they can tie it on a power play, why are they letting the Hawks get away with "stupid penalties" when the game is tied and the Canucks could put them away?  hmmmm.  I wonder.

the same video could be made for the missed calls or non calls going the other way as well, im not getting why ppl think the calls should be 50/50 ??? ....holmes*

As I said, I don't blame you for agreeing with the refs when they are 75% in your favour.  It should be 50/50 when both teams are playing the same game. As I pointed out, this is NOT the case of one team being more disciplined, since the Hawks are making the same identical plays and are NOT getting called.  When it is one sided, it is not a level playing field and the Canucks will have to Play A LOT better to beat both the Hawks AND the refs.  We will do it tonight.
Not all those who wander are lost

wizard

« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2011, 07:53:38 AM »

Sandman, you've adressed the officiating over and over. 

Why can't you address the Canucks shortcomings in this series as well.

Luongo has noone to blame for allowing 10 goals on 40 shots.

Schneider has no one to blame for giving the puck away twice behind his net, Hawks cashed in these costly canucks mistakes and capitalized. 

How many chances did canucks have last game and could not make it count.

Burrows has done very little to contribute.  Hawks 3 and 4 lines are outplaying Canucks'.

there are many storylines to this series, you don't like the reffing I get that, but why 100% of the focus on refs?  If canucks lose this series, they really only have themselves to blame, like it or not, that's the bottom line.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28