Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bass, and flooding  (Read 19023 times)

fetoid

Re: Bass, and flooding
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 11:29:46 AM »

so you enjoy bass fishing but you would go abouts helping eliminate them how does that make sence wow

I was being sarcastic, of course.  Wow, lost in translation.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 12:00:53 PM »

and thats why every bass that I land in moving water ,in the lowermainland , do not make it back in the water.

go ahead and call the CO's I know most by first name, they know my fight. heck it will probably be M. peters who will call me again.

once again bass are not native , and are listed as an invasive species.

Absolutely correct Jim,

What some people don't realize is that Bass in the lower mainland are a predatory fish, and will destroy a lot of salmon,steelhead and trout fry. Look at the red sided shiners in the interior. These fish were brought in by Americans {from what I am told} and were used for bait for the carnivorous strain of rainbow trout. These shiners have destroyed many a good trout lakes in the past and continue to do so. Guys shaking their heads and rolling their eyes obviously have no clue. If you want to fish bass, fine, but help the native fish population while your at it, and kill all the bass you can, I know I will. I will not comment on the lakes around Kelowna and Osoyous as I do not know if they are a native species or were introduced, but down here, they should all die. My 0.02 cents

noxcape

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 12:14:15 PM »

I was being sarcastic, of course.  Wow, lost in translation.

sorry fetoid im jsut used to everyone flaming bass

seems no one has an open mind  about bass   its funny from what ive heard there are a few strains of trout that are no native to bc also but they get embraced 

also everyone want my proof of bass not eating trout or salmon im working on getting it out there but where is the proof they do eat them you all are jsut taking fisheries words for it and we all know what there words worth

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 01:12:40 PM »

Hey Nox when are you going to post something on your own site? Just kidding.

I think all you guys who slag our Bass fishery so bad should ask yourselves why the late great "Bill Otway" was a promoter of our BC Bass fishery.

Bill was one of my mentors and always made a point of asking my how I was doing in perfection fly patterns for our local bass.

To be honest in my years of writing and researching all factors concerning our BC sport fisheries, I have found the Gerard strain of Rainbow to do more damage other fish stocks (when transplanted out of their native territory), than any bass.

In fact if you look back far enough into the history of BC sport fisheries you will find rainbow trout is an invasive species in most of out lake just like carp.

If you really want to set your hair on fire, you should be concerned about Northern Pike. I have it in confidence from trusted sources that they are here and establish here in the lower mainland. I have yet to go and see form myself but I do know my sources are reliable.

My advice! Never buy into propaganda; do your own honest research or you may unknowingly be promoting someone else's secret, personal, agenda.

Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2010, 02:13:12 PM »

If any of you "bass masters" want to educate yourselves a little more on the subject why not read this?

Biological Synopsis of Largemouth Bass

http://dsp-psd.pwgsc.gc.ca/collection_2010/mpo-dfo/Fs97-4-2884-eng.pdf

(Warning - the article above contains no pictures and may contain big words)

noxcape

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2010, 03:51:46 PM »

If any of you "bass masters" want to educate yourselves a little more on the subject why not read this?

Biological Synopsis of Largemouth Bass

http://dsp-psd.pwgsc.gc.ca/collection_2010/mpo-dfo/Fs97-4-2884-eng.pdf

(Warning - the article above contains no pictures and may contain big words)

so whats your last warning part all about are you trying to say because we fish for bass we are uneducated and dont know how to read and only look at pics im sorry but i have a college education so grow up

hahahahaha i know newsman its being pretty dead on there latley
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 04:00:36 PM by noxcape »

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »

so whats your last warning part all about are you trying to say because we fish for bass we are uneducated and dont know how to read and only look at pics im sorry but i have a college education so grow up

hahahahaha i know newsman its being pretty dead on there latley

Sorry I didn't mean to stereotype, it was just a bit of tongue in cheek humor. I realize that not all bassers are backwoods yokals with literacy problems.

Next week when you are finished reading the study let us know if you still feel the same way about bass.  ;)

noxcape

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2010, 04:54:24 PM »

ive already read that study and if you look everything they refer to is over 20 years old and not done in bc i really think more studies need to be done in BC waters to see what if any impact there really is from bass

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2010, 05:14:45 PM »

It tells you their diet and how they eat small trout etc,. They basically take over the food source in the waters they live in. Do you think that has changed in 20 years ??  ::)  ::) What else do you need to know ??????????

noxcape

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »

im not going to change my mind about them do you guys believe everythign you read  i know that when im out bass fishing and still catch lots of trout in the excat same spots im catching bass so
what does that tell you dont tell me it the bass praying on the trout and thats why im catching them in the same spot that a load of bs

speycaster

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2010, 05:51:34 PM »

If you yank the males off the redds you can slow down the infestation, no males protecting the eggs and the predators move in.The eggs will suffocate  from lack of oxygen with out the males fanning them.  Males on the redds are easy. ;D

noxcape

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2010, 05:57:01 PM »

hurting is all i can say

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2010, 06:12:05 PM »

im not going to change my mind about them do you guys believe everythign you read  i know that when im out bass fishing and still catch lots of trout in the excat same spots im catching bass so
what does that tell you dont tell me it the bass praying on the trout and thats why im catching them in the same spot that a load of bs

I have caught bass that has trout in them. Need any more proof? Why do bass take trout imitations?

You can enjoy bass all you like but you cant deny they are an invasive species that prey on native stocks. The only bass that were stocked were the ones on Vancouver Island. ( Maybe some in the Okanagan but I didnt read about those ones ) None of the bass here in the LM were stocked legally. This is the reason this species here in Region 2 should NOT have a limit.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

k.c.

• A bad day fishing beats a good day working
    • west coast bass anglers
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2010, 06:52:31 PM »

I have caught bass that has trout in them. Need any more proof? Why do bass take trout imitations?

You can enjoy bass all you like but you cant deny they are an invasive species that prey on native stocks. The only bass that were stocked were the ones on Vancouver Island. ( Maybe some in the Okanagan but I didn't read about those ones ) None of the bass here in the LM were stocked legally. This is the reason this species here in Region 2 should NOT have a limit.
Why do you fish for cutts with roe? Maybe we should kill them off too why don't you go back to the time when you were kids and enjoyed fishing and you will get the excitement of catching bass. not to mention unlike salmon and trout fishing i can go out and fish without being surrounded by a bunch of beaks . And how do you know they were illegally stocked unless you are doing it or know of someone who is doing it. It says in the regs i can catch 4 bass a day so i guess fisheries is o.k. with it
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:06:55 PM by k.c. »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2010, 06:58:34 PM »

Huh? English please. I dont fish trout with any bait. I only fly fish for trout. I am rarely ever surrounded by anyone when fishing. Whether it be for trout, salmon or whatever. I do fish for bass actually as I used to live on the Island and fished several of the lakes that had smallies.

Unlike you I dont publicize local fishing spots ( on one of your other threads ) so if you dont like being surrounded by others I would suggest you dont make those things public or you will have a gong show in your backyard.

How do I know they were stocked illegally. Its as easy as 1+1. If the ministry never stocked them how do you think they got there? Atleast make some sense when you post.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:15:08 PM by Rodney »

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family