Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sedins And Sundin  (Read 15059 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Sedins And Sundin
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 12:05:01 PM »

you would drink even less if it were "Drink evry time a sedin throws a big hit"
And drink even less if it were "drink every time Luongo Scores". Finesse players don't need to throw hits, just as goalies don't need to score goals.

silverslab

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 05:23:52 PM »

I think getting in the corners, taking a hit once in a while to make the play and getting down and dirty would help their performannce come playoff time as they look like pansies in the playoffs. I agrre they can win games, they just cant win the ones that matter (playoff games)

silverslab

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 05:25:26 PM »

oh and as for goalies, look how much turco does with the puck other than stopping it that benifits his team, for him its not always about the big save, its about how can i help my team win.

Hook Set

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 06:01:42 PM »

I think getting in the corners, taking a hit once in a while to make the play and getting down and dirty would help their performannce come playoff time as they look like pansies in the playoffs. I agrre they can win games, they just cant win the ones that matter (playoff games)

Sedins live in the corners so I don't think thats a problem. The way they move and move the puck makes them avoid a lot of the hits. I think the Sedins have showed they have gotten a lot tougher, you don't want your goal scorers to be taking a lot of abuse all the time anyways. As for Turco, he does move the puck well, but I'm fine with Luongo staying put in his crease and just stopping the pucks.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 02:21:43 PM »

Your right, a PPG clip in the playoffs is a total no show. It easy now to forget that we were a few minutes away from having a 3-1 series lead over Chicago. If anything let us down this year it was our complete inability to kill off a penalty when it matters. Ohlund and Edler looked like pylons out there.
Actions speak louder than words.

silverslab

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 12:23:47 PM »

I agree I with Ohlaund being a pylon, I wont miss him, as for the sedins living in the corner, you can cycle the puck all you want but it needs to find the back of the net more often in my opinion to justify 13 million for both.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:25:19 PM by silverslab »

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 03:08:36 PM »

I personally hate using a players point totals to judge a player, but if we must....

Player  Games  Points  Cap Hit(09/10)

D Sedin 82 82 6.1
H Sedin 82 82 6.1

Vanek 73 64 7.143
B Richards 56 48 7.8
Lecavalier 77 67 7.727
Gomez 77 56 7.357
Drury 81 56 7.05
Spezza 82 73 7.0
Heatley 82 72 7.5
Koptiar 82 66 6.8
Marleau 76 71 6.3
Smyth 77 59 6.250

Ten forwards who will have larger cap hits than the Sedins this year yet scored few points than them last year.

silverslab

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 03:38:22 PM »

those are regular season # and should be considered as warmup for the big games.  I am not saying i dont like the sedins, I think they are 2 of the most highly skilled players in the nhl, I would just like to see them develope a "do whatever it takes attitude"  I also think they could shoot the puck more often

Shooter

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 04:02:41 PM »

the Sedins are the best SECOND line in the NHL!!  Until Vancouver has a proven goal scorer that requires a team to choose which line to check they wont go past the second round.  Yes, 82 points is a fairly productive year but could they put up those numbers without each other? what do you think would happen if one of them was injured for any length of time??  i would love to see vancouver make a serious run at heatley seems how they passed up on Gaborik.  they need someone to take the focus off the twins....

silverslab

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 04:27:57 PM »

I couldn't agree more on heatley, I know he has a downside in terms of attitude and commitment but he's the type of plyer that would compliment the twins in that he has some drive to put the puck in the net as well as the ability, the twins we be more eficient as setup men as opposed to finishers.

Shooter

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 04:45:33 PM »

i think you missed the point a little bit... get heatley and put him on a seperate line to draw a teams checking line away from the twins.... guys like heatley, ovechkin, gaborik, etc., are one man shows and natural goal scorers which vancouver hasn't had since Bure left.  get someone in there that can put up 40 or 50 goals and let the sedins do what they do best, play with each other in the corner, put a couple in the net and be the best second line in the nhl!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 08:01:27 AM »

Heatley can stay in Ottawa as far as I am concerned. We dont need his crappy attitude.

BTW without a good regular season you dont make the playoffs so yes those numbers during the regular season have significance.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Shooter

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »

i agree... but regular season numbers do not get you through the playoffs.  Just look at Boston and San Jose!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 11:04:21 AM »

More shots on goal? You do realize that Daniel Sedin was 12th in the league in shots on goal.

Try this on for size... Our top line last year (Sedin, Sedin, Burrows) registered 603 shots on goal. Please remember that Burrows got almost no PP time and only spent half the year getting top line even strength minutes.

Now lets compare this to the Thornton, Marleau, Setoguchi line which was widely considered the best line in the league last year registered 636 shots on goal. Thats a whopping 33 shot difference.

Best second line in the NHL? How do people come up with this crap. STOP READING THE CANUCKS.COM FORUMS!

How about since the lockout they are 16th and 17th in total scoring.

Marian Gaborik?? Ya lets sign the one of the biggest band aid boys of all time. Do you really think its wise to hamstring your team with a 7.5 mil cap hit for a guy who plays a full season once every four years? You want to talk about bad playoffs, how about the one point in six games the last time he was in the playoffs.

Dany Heatley on his own line? Do you even watch hockey? Healtey is completely useless without someone to feed him one timers. Its painful trying to watch that man carry the puck. He is the very definition of one trick pony, he just so happens to be very good at that one trick but it is completely unrealistic to expect him to carry a line. Most importantly, there is this little thing called a salary cap!

silverslab

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 12:06:26 PM »

If we could get around the attitude, Henrik feeding the puck to heatley all season long sounds good!