Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bodybuilding Thread!!  (Read 72959 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: Bodybuilding Thread!!
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2006, 11:23:38 AM »

I agree and dissagree... First of all i havent posted on this thread but here it is.. I worked out Strong for several years, but i broke my elbows biking 4 years ago and have had bone chips flowing in my elbows since.. Finally this year they REALLY started to bug me so i havent been for 8 months.. I am getting surgery in April and hope to get back to it, as it was a major part of my daily life.. .

As for work outs eddie, your work out plan has to be specific to what you want to do... As for repetitions, they should go something like this:

4-6 - For power output

6-8  To gain general strength (strenghten the "stabilizing muscles" whixh allows you to focus on the muscle beign worked on 100%) and also increases girth of the muscle....

10-15 is for body building (definition) fat burning around muscle tissue... however this is done after the above have been achieved..

also yourl last rep should be acquired with maximum effort and a spotter should be necessary...

I totally disagree with your 10-15 for bodybuiding!!!  high reps for fatburning is a myth... you might aswell be doing cardio!!!!  if you are doing any exercise that you are able to do that many reps then your weight is far too small and you are doing absolutely nothing to stimulate muscle growth.... I have tried all the above on myself and many clients.. and I have read and read and read and everybody thats gets result s comes to the same conclusion.... the other problem I have with that is you say fat burning around muscle tissue... there is no such thing as targeting fat reduction.. fat comes off the body at the same time.. it doesn't come from any one area quicker than another.. if you wanna get ripped in your stomach area you need to be ripped everywhere else... the only thing you can do is increase your overall muscle % in your body which will aid in the burning of fat....

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2006, 03:45:42 PM »

So, I met up with Eddie99 yesterday for a bit of fishing, but that wasn't going that well, so we headed to the Gym for a chest workout!!  Eddie looked good, and he is definitely ready for Mexico!!  Was an OK workout, but lack of sleep and no food yet that day, meant for a bit of a sluggish workout for me!!  I know, I know better than that, but today, I am feeling OK, got a lot of sleep, and ate well lastnight and today!!!  SO I am ready for my week, will do biceps tonight, and tri's and back tomorrow!!  Eddie seemed like he had a pretty good workout, he also seemed to outlift me!!!  Which was cool!!  We wound up doing an isolation workout, and got as much blood pumped into the chest as possible!!  ;D  Just wish I had his definition!! :o ;)  But I suppose that I am working on that slowly!!  Should be prime for July and August!!  Just don't want to lose any size!!  Perhaps even put on some more!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2006, 08:52:59 PM »

It was awesome meeting you and spending the day with a new buddy. Workout was pretty good, forgot how much better it was working out with a buddy. Since I workout in the morning when everyone else is at work I never have a buddy to push me. Wish I had BigSteels size with my definition thats for sure. Hopefully we can hook up again for a workout and a sturgeon outing. That would be two workouts in one day  ;)

I only had just over an hour this morning to workout and man did it ever suck. I was feeling lethargic and started cramping about 2/3 of the way through my workout. Not a good day at the gym at all.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2006, 11:37:51 AM »

Well I wish I could have hooked up with you guys on Saturday.. unfortunately I had to work ..... again   :-\  It would be great one day to get together and have a workout/ fishing day....  I am getting ready to start my diet and training for my next show on Monday.. just starting to get psyked about it.. gonna be a long 17 weeks of hell hahahaha  :o

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2006, 06:59:40 PM »

We actually thought that as well!!!  But we figured that we should gang up on you when you are a bit nearer your contest shape and hope that you had lost just a bit of strength!!! :o ;D  Because that seemed to be are only hope of not having to be continually changing weight back and forth  after every set!! ;D ;D  Anyhow, we should all get together for one of them Sturgeon/ workout days!!!  Just let me know and I will see about putting somerthing together!!! ;) ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2006, 12:09:23 PM »

hmmm... well thanks for at least thinking of me  ;D ::) ;D
I actually get stronger the leaner I get for some reason!!!  don't worry when we finally get together it will be the hardest workout of your life hahah I promise!!!!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2006, 12:27:19 PM »

I took my girlfriend to the gym yesterday and played trainer. I put her through one of my chest-bi workouts.
Needless to say she was quite sore afterwords. It's not like she doesn't go to the gym, actually she is a finatic, however, after watching her work out I get the impression she is like most girls and just does 15 reps of whatever excersize she is doing to 'burn fat' reguardless of whether she is lifting to failure. I had her doing 10 reps and going to muscle failure. Do you guys think this is a good way to go about doing it? Her goals aren't to bulk up but rather just tone up. I just don't see any sense in doing a ton of reps resulting in no fatigue.
Actions speak louder than words.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2006, 03:32:44 PM »

10 reps is perfect!!!  she should be doing enough weight that she can barely lift the last couple....... there is always a misconception that woman are going to get huge if they lift weights... believe me it takes a hell of a lot of training and eating and training and eating and supplements before a woman can put on any size.....if she is eating right and training like you show her she will only get nice lean muscles.. there is no fear of her becoming like Lil Steel!!!! ;D
women are lacking the testosterone required to build large muscles...

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2006, 05:24:54 PM »

10 reps is perfect!!!  she should be doing enough weight that she can barely lift the last couple....... there is always a misconception that woman are going to get huge if they lift weights... believe me it takes a hell of a lot of training and eating and training and eating and supplements before a woman can put on any size.....if she is eating right and training like you show her she will only get nice lean muscles.. there is no fear of her becoming like Lil Steel!!!! ;D
women are lacking the testosterone required to build large muscles...
Good job Biff, My girl has been bugging me to go to the gym with me when she is finished with the school thing for the year!!  But, she doesn't really want to come out to langley to do it!!  So, I guess that we will seee what happens!!  You wouldn't want to get her to strong for ya though!!! ;D ;D ;D  Hold on a tick, that might be fun!! 
Anyhow, I broke down and weighed myself today, as I hadn't for a while!!  I feared that I was losing weight, and that I may had dropped below to 200lb mark, but with comments from some people at work, I fihured what the heck, let's take a look!!  Wouldn't you know, over the last 3-4 weeks or so, I actullay gained some weight, and I am still dropping the fat pretty well!!  I weighed in at 212 lbs :o  SO that was ok.  Did abs, lower back and calfs today and the "wonderful quad workout" is tomorrow!!  So, I hope that I will be in walking shape for Sturgy's on Sunday!!  The were still sore up to yesterday after the last one!!!  Damn you Rick!! ;D ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2006, 05:39:38 PM »

don't worry lil steel!!  I am doing Quads tommorrow too!!!!  we can feel sorry for each other afterwards  ;D ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2006, 09:27:02 PM »

Did legs today. Wont be able to walk tomorrow. Thank goodness it is abs and forearms tomorrow.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Prettyfly

• I have a website..
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2006, 04:27:37 PM »

I've all but given up on working out. It appears I don't know how to do it properly to get the results I want.

Reading through some of this helps.

At 5'9" and 135lb I don't need to lose weight, but at 32 I'm not happy with the rate my metabolism has dropped. It is getting harder for me to maintain my current weight. I have an eating issue.. I don't do it very well LOL. I eat pretty much what I want to eat. Not all of it is bad but is obviously lacking something when I seem to crave carbs at night. I'm active all year round with volleyball, softball, hiking etc.

I want to see muscle definition and build core strength. I've noticed through ball practice that I need to work on my shoulders (I can feel the weakness in my swing). I have a tredmill and resistance bands and weights to 10lbs but can't seem to find that magic formula that creates muscle changes instead of just dropping pant sizes. The current areas of concern are typical for a woman gluts, thighs and abs but I really need to develop upper body strength. I know I have the ability to hit a home run, I just don't have the strength.

Anyone got any suggestions?
~They were displaced. Their use of the land and history as a people, such as it was known, was appropriated and used to advance competing European territorial interests.

~You've lived a life of privilage, one that was garnered by GREEDY thieves.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2006, 05:12:02 PM »

I've all but given up on working out. It appears I don't know how to do it properly to get the results I want.

Reading through some of this helps.

At 5'9" and 135lb I don't need to lose weight, but at 32 I'm not happy with the rate my metabolism has dropped. It is getting harder for me to maintain my current weight. I have an eating issue.. I don't do it very well LOL. I eat pretty much what I want to eat. Not all of it is bad but is obviously lacking something when I seem to crave carbs at night. I'm active all year round with volleyball, softball, hiking etc.

I want to see muscle definition and build core strength. I've noticed through ball practice that I need to work on my shoulders (I can feel the weakness in my swing). I have a tredmill and resistance bands and weights to 10lbs but can't seem to find that magic formula that creates muscle changes instead of just dropping pant sizes. The current areas of concern are typical for a woman gluts, thighs and abs but I really need to develop upper body strength. I know I have the ability to hit a home run, I just don't have the strength.

Anyone got any suggestions?

well at 5'9'' and 135 lbs you are definately not over weight... from what I hear you seem like you are very athletic.. honestly I think you would benefit alot from a better eating plan.. if you up your protein levels.. maybe add some Glutamine to your diet and try and eat 6-7 smaller meals a day I am sure you would notice your energy and strength levels rise.... when you eat numerous smaller meals threoughout the day it causes your bodies metabolic rate to rise.. you will notice that you are hungry all the time and your body temperature will also be higher...
as for your cravings at night....unfortunately that is the hard part.. you have to force yourself to eat veggies instead of popcorn and chips hahaha.. getting a good fat burner with an appetite suppressant is also a good idea...
hopefully this will help you a bit..

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Prettyfly

• I have a website..
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2006, 06:39:49 PM »

Oh.. veggies are for rabbits...lol I know I try very hard to remember to grab a handful of carrots instead of popcorn.

I used to use Hydroxicut before they took out the ephedra and find that it doesn't work as well for me. What fatburner is good these days?
~They were displaced. Their use of the land and history as a people, such as it was known, was appropriated and used to advance competing European territorial interests.

~You've lived a life of privilage, one that was garnered by GREEDY thieves.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2006, 09:20:39 AM »

Therma Lean.. it is the best on the market IMO and it still has ephedra..

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........